Author Topic: Problem with 3DS  (Read 414 times)

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
Problem with 3DS
« on: April 02, 2016, 06:44:35 pm »
Here's the thing; I have a lot of things I'd like to do with my 3DS, but I can't because it has a problem with the wireless connection. I'm not at all a techie person so maybe someone could help me out. Whenever I try to access the Nintendo eShop, it never connects no matter where I am. Sometimes I sit right next to the router and it still doesn't connect. This is pretty irritating for me because there's a TON I can't do on my games. (I can't visit any towns on Animal Crossing, I can't use the GTS on Pokémon, etc) My 3DS is a pre-owned one of that helps (it was the only purple 3DS the store had so I went with it). I'm guessing that's why the previous owner sold it...? Anyway I'm hoping someone could help me figure out what's wrong and what I should do. Thx!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
Re: Problem with 3DS
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 07:18:13 pm »
Hmm... Do you get an error message whenever you're unable to connect? It could help pinpointing the problem or finding the solution
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
    • FurAffinity - DuskCyote
    • Twitter - @Rainbow_Dusk
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:43:56 pm »
Ohh I think I know what the problem is, I had a problem like that on my DSi, Im not sure how I can explain it to someone who isnt into tech, but I could try though
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

• Yellow Level
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 08:26:43 pm »
Hmm... Do you get an error message whenever you're unable to connect? It could help pinpointing the problem or finding the solution

Yes, I do get an error message, it says it can't locate the router or something.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 09:43:10 pm »

Yes, I do get an error message, it says it can't locate the router or something.
That's weird... Did you manage to connect with the connection test in the Internet Options?
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

• Yellow Level
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 03:26:30 pm »

That's weird... Did you manage to connect with the connection test in the Internet Options?

I think I've tried to do that and it didn't work. I'll try it again.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 11:31:18 pm »
      If it's an issue that occurs with all online function, it's not a problem with your game system but it is a problem with your internet connection. First, try resetting your modem and router by unplugging them for a while (about a minute), and then plug them back in and allow them to reconnect and then try to connect afterwards. You could also try resetting your device's connection by turning it off and then back on. I also know the PlayStation 3 had an issue where D.N.L.S. media servers would prevent the connection from being made, thus failing all internet functionality was none existant, so you could try by deactivating the media servers if the Nintendo 3DS has this feature. Otherwise, I would contact your internet provider and schedule maitenence if all other troubleshooting techniques fail to solve this issue. The company may have to even get you new equipment because this has happened to me before. I struggle with my internet connection too, and right now, my normal internet connection is actually broken, so you're definately not alone.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His