Author Topic: An Unexpected Error  (Read 277 times)

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
An Unexpected Error
« on: April 03, 2016, 11:09:48 pm »
      I'm unsure how popular the Firefox web browser is amongst you all. It's the primary browser I use when at school and when I post to the forum. Tonight, I attempted to sign in to Firefox Sync several times all to no avail. Everytime I tried to sign in, I kept getting the message in red, "Unexpected Error." I need some help because I can't sync my account now with the browser. My luck with technology over the last few days has been non-existant. I've managed to break my iPad case and now the screen protector is slightly raised above the glass so when I type, I press the wrong button or I have to push the screen protector down to press the right key. It's very annoying to type this post but I'm dedicated to the forum. Do any of you know how to fix the issue with Firefox or should I message Mozilla about it? It could be a problem with my account, but I'm unsure.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
Re: An Unexpected Error
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2016, 08:24:27 am »
Firefox Sync has been giving me issues lately as well. Here's a few things you can try:
  • Make sure your version of Firefox is fully up to date
  • Close and restart Firefox
  • Open a new tab and type in about:support then use the button under "Try Safe Mode" to restart Firefox with all the add-ons/extensions disabled
  • If nothing else works, then go to about:support again and use the button to Refresh Firefox, which is like a factory reset
  • If it's still not working, contact Mozilla. If resetting isn't fixing it, then it's likely a problem with their servers.

Hope this helped! Good luck getting sync back up!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
Re: An Unexpected Error
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2016, 11:10:49 pm »
     Merci, mon ami, pour m'aider! It was probably linked to my internet connection. The other day, I started to experience issues with connectivity, and yesterday, it went out completely. I wasn't able to post at all yesterday because of this however, the phone company is supposed to come and repair the line tomorrow evening. I reinstalled the Firefox web browser tonight and Firefox Sync worked perfectly fine without any issues. Right now, I'm somehow using my modem as my router and vice versa. I really don't understand how it's working, but it is. When the phone line went out last night, everything went out in terms of service. Today, the router is somehow acting as a modem without the phone line and it's working descently well. Firefox is running very stable with this new backwards connection. I hope this fixed my issues with it, but I guess I'll see tomorrow when my I.S.P. comes and repairs the line. As far as I'm aware, the issue was purely do to my internet connection. I thank you a lot for giving advice, and if problems resume with the continuation of nominal service, I'll take what you said in sincere consideration.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His