Author Topic: My awful covers  (Read 686 times)

Offline ❀ Shi

• Green Level
  • Candies: 159
  • Fursona Species: Deer
My awful covers
« on: April 06, 2016, 04:19:17 pm »
Guys, I made cringe material;

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Tu1RppaJWO
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her <3

Offline Eriadam

• The Scarfed One
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 244
  • Tell me if you need help. I am always there for ya
  • Fursona Species: Light-Blue Wolf
Re: My awful covers
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 04:26:35 pm »
I think you have fitting voice for covers like this ^^ Gentle, and you operate on high tones - So no worries!

''And if you can’t see anything beautiful about yourself
Get a better mirror
Look a little closer, Stare a little longer
Because there’s something inside you, that made you keep trying despite everyone who told you to quit''

Offline Halus

• Green Level
  • Candies: 77
  • No step on snek
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 05:20:44 pm »
That sounds really great ^^
You have a really nice voice
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: It/its they/them/their whatevs

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 736
  • Candy Corn = Life
    • FurAffinity - cactle
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2016, 09:47:57 pm »
Aaaaa your voice is so nice!!! Keep up the good work
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline ❀ Shi

• Green Level
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2016, 02:37:01 pm »
Oh shoot, I forgot to reply!
Thank you so much guys! If I have more time hopefully I can make another for fun some time.
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 10:04:15 pm »
       If you call that cringe worthy material, I'd love to hear what you'd consider to astonishing. You're voice is far better than my voice will be anyway in the first place. You're a smooth soprano whose voice seems to flow like water. You did a good job singing by any standard. Singing is far more difficult and sophisticated than most people think it is. Singing is a true talent that not many people have. I'm certainly not one. Be proud of your voice no matter what. You have the gift of music, and with more practice, you can be even better. I enjoy cover music too, but I didn't know the song. To me, it was completely new and fresh which makes it even better to listen to. If I ever hear that song on the radio or YouTube, I'll probably recognize the song from hearing the recording of you singing it. Keep working at it. Vous avez fait un travail parfait. Continuez à travailler dur et être encore plus parfait.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2016, 03:06:53 am »
sweet voice, nice and smooth
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2016, 11:53:48 am »
Wow, your voice sounds really nice! Hmm... I can't really think of how else to describe it other than a female David Gilmour??? But that's good, because he has a really nice voice!

Anyway, your voice sounds great, and it's most certainly not cringeworthy!  :fox-:P:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Offline Vanity

• A True Vanity
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Prideful and Pure
  • Fursona Species: Norweigen Fjord Horse
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2016, 11:40:50 pm »
I can appreciate good covers if they're performed to a decent standard and that was absolutely amazing. Your voice is very lovely and pleasing to the ear. I think you should sing more and maybe even consider starting a musical hobby. You obviously have the voice to do it and I think you should use that potential. I'd definately want to hear you sing again if you continue with your gifted musical talent.
“What people regard as vanity—leaving great works, having children, acting in such a way as to prevent one's name from being forgotten—I regard as the highest expression of human dignity.” ~ Paulo Coelho

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 05:01:02 am »
Gonna be honest, you have a good voice, but it sounded, to me, like you were singing from the diaphragm, which can help gauge your vocal range, but lacks power, which may be why I had a tough time of hearing you over the piano. In saying that though, It may have just been meh audio mixing with volumes, which is fair enough, volume mixing can be a bitch if you aren't experienced with it.
Overall,10/10 wouldn't cringe again.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Make sure to befriend Badass Big Boss
Discord:Big Boss#1013 Skype: Frantzkrugers

Offline ❀ Shi

• Green Level
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 02:29:10 pm »
I didn't expect all this feedback! Thank you, for a short cover too!

Gonna be honest, you have a good voice, but it sounded, to me, like you were singing from the diaphragm, which can help gauge your vocal range, but lacks power, which may be why I had a tough time of hearing you over the piano. In saying that though, It may have just been meh audio mixing with volumes, which is fair enough, volume mixing can be a bitch if you aren't experienced with it.

Thank you! I'm not too sure what a diaphragm is, I just used my built-in laptop microphone. :' >
My voice in general is pretty quiet- that's something I'm working on to change! I don't have any software, I don't know anything about music in all honesty, it's very hard for me to grasp and understand. Though doing quick rough covers is what I prefer!
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2016, 05:39:46 am »
I didn't expect all this feedback! Thank you, for a short cover too!

Thank you! I'm not too sure what a diaphragm is, I just used my built-in laptop microphone. :' >
My voice in general is pretty quiet- that's something I'm working on to change! I don't have any software, I don't know anything about music in all honesty, it's very hard for me to grasp and understand. Though doing quick rough covers is what I prefer!
I may have forgotten my anatomy for a sec there, I meant you were singing from the throat rather than the diaphragm (I sing a lot so I need to remember this stuff, bleeeh) so it didn't have oomph like a lot of singers do have. Which is fine, diaphragm singing has power, but tends to lack as much tone, so it's good for big, sustained notes, but sucks for complex tone changing. If you want to give diaphragm singing a go, you just need to figure out the way to channel it, I usually prep myself for singing from my chest by giving a deep, hearty "hurgh" and feeling where it comes from. That being said, this only matters if you want more power and volume for your singing, and doesn't matter too much if you've got a microphone to help compensate. Keep on doing what your do, and experiment every now and then and you'll find wherever you feel like sitting on the line between powerful and tonal.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline ❀ Shi

• Green Level
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2016, 12:12:26 pm »
oKAY OK AY guys I tried again, sorry that the music is loud again, and it's really short and pretty shit? But hey, everyone was out of the house so I did a quick test-

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0iSsBV3j9r3

If I find more time I'll brush this up since it's pretty dodgy, but I wanted to take my spin on this really great song inspired by LIS! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyfjWz9oQts

• Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2016, 11:40:39 am »
Gonna be brutally honest here okay? Don't take offense but.
I think your singing voice is
wonderfulI can still only complain about the volume mixing, which doesn't matter all that much unless you're a professional  :lol-fox:
Good job
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual