Author Topic: Anime suggestions?  (Read 524 times)

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
Anime suggestions?
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:20:29 am »
If this is the wrong place for this feel free to move this topic!

My problem is that I can't get into anime, no matter how hard I try. I'm so used to western animation (and I can usually get into those in a snap) that it seems impossible for me to watch anything else. My friends know a lot of anime and I've tried to get into them but I never find myself wanting to finish them. Maybe I'll sit through the first episode or two but then I'll lose interest and give up. My friend suggested Sailor Moon, I couldn't finish the 3rd episode. Another friend suggested Naruto; I looked it up, there is SO many things I didn't want to get into there, so Naruto is out of the question. Death Note is too edgy and dark, One Piece is way too long (I want to keep up but I never have the motivation to), etc. I don't like following long, complex storylines. I enjoy things that are funny and simple, which is why I like western animation since many shows don't follow a single story arc. I found it very easy to get into Doraemon and Yo-Kai Watch for that reason, but those are basically the only animes I watch so I feel like the huge anime fans would call me out and I don't want that. So does anyone have any good suggestions? I know, I'm a hard person to find animes for. Sorry!

Don't even think about saying Boku no Pico, I know what it is.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Pendy

• Always sick
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • Why do I even
    • FurAffinity - Pendipoo
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
Re: Anime suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 01:18:49 am »
Some of my faces I'd suggest you watch:
Boku no Pico
Monogatari series
Mushishi
GATE
Sword Art Online
Humanity has Declined
Tegen Toppa Gurren Lagann

I have no idea what your tastes are, I'm just listing down stuff i see on my list, but these are some that really got me going.
  • Flag - canada
Ghosting the forums because I have nothing to add to most conversatinos

Offline Fengi

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Donkey
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 07:26:56 am »
Death Note
Tokyo ghoul
Erased

i don't really know what genre you're into, but i those are my favorites.
  • Pronouns: Use whatever you think fits me :)
When i was 8 i didn't find the wardobe to narnia and when i was 11 my hogwarts letter didn't come. Gandalf better be at my door to take me on an adventure when i'm 50.

Offline WolfyHasPie

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 07:38:15 am »
Oh you just need to find what kind of anime you like.
there's many genres.

One Piece is a pretty long anime 700+ episodes and it's still not done yet, even tho if you like adventures and cool powers go ahead it gets better from episode to episode.

One Punch Man is also a good anime, I never seen someone who says he dosent like anime watch it and say it is bad. it is so fun to watch.

The Seven Deadly Sins, Is also an anime with adventures and cool powers.

Offline JouleTheFox

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • Once a furry always a furry
    • DeviantArt - rainbowdash24191997
    • FurAffinity - shadowthefox2419
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:42:38 am »
Some of my favorites are
lucky star
wolf's rain
sword art online
dragon academy
show by rock
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/She/Her/Hers
pm me or add me on any of my social sites linked with this site. Always glad to meet new people.

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 07:59:02 am »
I'm not too big into anime, but a friend of mine showed me Attack on Titan and that was pretty cool! Also, there's a lesser known anime called Hetalia that really only extreme history nerds like me enjoy...  :fox-:P:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Offline Mury

• We're damaged, badly damaged,
  • Yellow Level
  • But that does not make us wise.
    • DeviantArt - peroxideprinces
    • My blog
  • Fursona Species: Angel Dragon
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2016, 08:25:49 am »
I don't really watch anime either, for similar reasons to what you described :fox-:P: The only two I really liked were Mr. Osomatsu (Comedy that actually kinda reminds me of western cartoons. Also only 24 episodes) and Puella Magi Madoka Magica (Quite a bit of plot, but it isn't too hard to watch considering it's only 12 episodes and a movie).
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
DeviantArtTumblr
Take your tears, put 'em on ice,
Cause I swear, I'd burn the city down to show you the light

If I don't reply to you or take a very long time to do so, don't take it personally! I'm bad with words and people and socializing, so, uh, I don't really talk much when I don't feel like I need to. I'm really sorry!

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2016, 09:38:48 am »
But Naruto is the best anime on the planet!

I'd suggest watching Soul Eater, it's fairly short and it has a cool animation style. In addition to that it's also very funny and serious, plus it has awesome characters!
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

• Yellow Level
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2016, 04:23:12 pm »
Thx everyone! I'll be sure to check out some of these. Also I'll try to continue the ones I started. And I take back what I said about Naruto. My friend explained it to me today and I think I'll start it. Don't know if I'll be watching Naruto: Shippūden anytime soon (ITS SO LONG!).
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

• Yellow Level
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2016, 04:24:45 pm »
I'm not too big into anime, but a friend of mine showed me Attack on Titan and that was pretty cool! Also, there's a lesser known anime called Hetalia that really only extreme history nerds like me enjoy...  :fox-:P:

I have started Hetalia (one of my first animes too) and I really liked it. That reminds me, I should get back on it.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2016, 04:25:54 pm »

I have started Hetalia (one of my first animes too) and I really liked it. That reminds me, I should get back on it.
oh yea there is even a new series (although it seems like they are running out of ideas a bit)
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2016, 05:56:50 pm »
If you like the more childish stuff, Much like Yokai Watch and Pokemon, you might like Monster Rancher (About 70 episodes but two seasons. Second season is bad and the first season has a bad ending) and Legendz (About 50 episodes long). Both have no sense of storyline (Except towards the last few episodes) have a great sense of humor and are good in action.  Beware though Monster Rancher is dubbed and you can find it only dubbed (It's actually hard to find in the first place.) With Legendz you should find it on youtube if you spell Legendz with a z. You also have Popolocrois, another really good show, 2 seasons long and totals to about 30 episodes. This one isn't about collecting monsters however. There is a 1998 version and a 2003 version (Which is about the kids of the heroes in 1998 version.) but you can watch 2003 right off the bat because they really never refer to the 1998 version, except maybe if the father jokes around about when he was a kid or a parent of a main character says, "Hey I know you. You're the son of my best friend."
You also have the old Digimon series. (I don't remember much about it but my mother said that that was actually kind of a dark show.)

And finally Dragon drive, but dragon drive is kind of on the meh side, and has a story line towards the second half of the season.

Legendz is the only one to get a budget raise. (XD) towards the beginning of the show. Why do I say that? because well look at the backgrounds of the first episode and then look at the background of like the 30th episode. This show is unique, In a sense that the beginning it feels like they were just blowing off this show with a low budget and no storyline. And then towards the end it gets a good storyline and the background quality changes XD. The story is about a popular game at school called Legendz. The player is allowed to have something called a Talispod, which they can use to invoke their monster. Then the two people have a fight. And so the main character's father works at the company that sells them and he returns home with a so called dysfunctional talispod. Men from his company quickly start chasing him down. And once they start having trouble catching him, they summon a real version of a creature. The main character becomes something called a saga and he gets his own creature called the Winged Dragon, one of the most powerful creatures in the game, and he has to start trying to defend his friends from the people who want his dysfunctional talispod. You might find the show hard to get into because of the show oozing with Japanese comedy and poking fun at Americans (Afterall this takes place in New York). But if you like Doraemon, you just might like this show.

Monster Rancher.
The main character loves this game (That actually existed long ago) called Monster Rancher. And after acquiring the sequel to the game in his mail box, he gets sucked into the game. The game is all about summoning creatures through these stone disks in a summoning temple. (That's where all the creatures come from) .In the game a girl named Holy has a pendant that will lead her to a legendary god like creature called the Phoenix. The antagonist however wants it first and the antagonist is some kind of evil king who already has already terrorized many people. So Holy has to get to the phoenix before the antagonist can.

Popolocrois
 The main character is essentially a book loving child of a king who was a hero at the age of 10. The kid doesn't leave the castle ever, because he hates being cast into his father's shadow all the time. But what no one realizes is that the world is in danger, because darkness is becoming stronger and is throwing off the elements of the world. (In this show it's Water, Fire, and Wind.) So the kid quickly finds a dungeon shrine beneath his castle and he beats the monster in it and slowly grows a backbone throughout the course of the show. 

Legendz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B72rMt96Fjg&list=PL443BDD44B21A3D19
Popolocrois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mtl33ghAejQ&list=PLuFXQL3MU4jQ47MI560MY1hBUTS08B9xf
Monster Rancher. (Damnit this opening is cringe worthy I swear the show is actually okay.) (Also the fights will be better than it is in the first scene of this show.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hBxV0lqOwg&list=PLbKtvfCfR9IS0VGWqavbwYsgBMbSH9jeg
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2016, 10:00:06 am »
Try Fate/Zero and/or Fate Stay/Night
I reccomend though, watch the fate stay/night and Unlimited Blade Works tv versions first, do not watch the movies, they suck. Then Watch Fate/Zero, because some of the stuff in Zero doesn't make sense unless you watch Stay/Night first. It doesn't matter in the end of course, but if you like understanding every tiny detail, watching stay/night first is better.
Starts off slow though, just be warned

Offline Rainclaw

• DaB
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 22
  • I AM VEGAN
    • DeviantArt - Rain-Claw
    • FurAffinity - Rainclaw
    • Twitter - Rain__Claw
    • Weasyl - Rainclaw
  • Fursona Species: fox dragon
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2016, 10:02:22 am »
Toradora
Seven deadly sins
Another
Future diary
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

| Bisexual l agnostic l FtM l Pisces l Taken l

Offline Dustytuft

• Cookies: 4
  • Furry Trash ™
    • FurAffinity - Dustytuft
    • Twitter - Dustytuft
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Maned Wolf
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2016, 09:33:29 pm »
Some of the one's Id suggest for beginner's are:
Kill la Killa
Clannad
wolf's Rain
Fruit's Basket

Feel free to message me or something lmao.
I am Groot.

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2017, 10:57:58 pm »
Personally, I like Black Butler. Someone on the forum actually introduced me to it. It is sometimes known under it's Japanese name, Kuroshitsuji.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Bones

• Cactus Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • We didn't start the fire
  • Fursona Species: Bearded Vulture
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2017, 11:01:37 pm »
Cowboy bebop is good
Especially if you like space
Its about 19 years old I think
Only one season so its not like dragging on with too many unnecessary episodes like a lot of other anime
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • kinda only care about giant robots tbh
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2017, 11:12:38 pm »
If you like humorous anime watch Sgt. Frog/Keroro Gunso
It's got 300+ episodes and five movies so you won't run out of episodes to watch any time soon lmao
It's a very unique anime and it's really enjoyable and fun, and there's a lot of heartwarming moments outside of the comedy
There's also a lot of episode specials where things get super serious (101-103 I remember very clearly) and toooooons of characters
I haven't watched it in forever but it's the only anime out of the many I watched that I actually legitimately enjoyed and didn't watch for just one character

Love these boyyyyys, i really need to rewatch this
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 11:16:57 pm by Sugar »
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline Tabbystar

• Meow Wow!
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 70
  • Kitty!
    • DeviantArt - KipekeeReddington
    • FurAffinity - AllAmericanFlyingFoxdog
  • Fursona Species: Classic Tabby Cat
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2017, 11:50:00 pm »
Attack On Titan and Fruit's Basket are pretty good.

Ouran High School Club is a guilty pleasure of mine, if you like cheesy characters running around being goofballs
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/her
Fursonas: Kipekee Reddington, Tabbystar, & Dani Tracy

Art Dump |Toyhouse (WIP) |ThisCrush |
Sarahah |
Tumblr

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Itsudemu guusukapii, Hoshi no Kaabii~
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2017, 01:20:02 am »
Attack on Titan is a pretty cool one, there's also things like Hetalia and whatnot... actually, half of the good ones have already been mentioned here at least five times, so I guess I'm just enforcing it. xD
Not gonna suggest Black Butler not gonna suggest Black Butler not gonna do it nope nope nope

Personally, I like Black Butler. Someone on the forum actually introduced me to it. It is sometimes known under it's Japanese name, Kuroshitsuji.
"Someone on the forum actually introduced me to it."

You're welcome~
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (For myself OOC - She/her/hers)