Author Topic: Doom  (Read 209 times)

Offline Lambda Lumis

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • There's nothing worse than wasted opportunity.
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
Doom
« on: April 20, 2016, 05:49:27 pm »
Doom 4 or more simply just Doom. Its coming out in a few months, anyone gonna get it?

For those of you who don't know, doom was IT back in the nineties. The doom series was a massive game changer in the video game world but has long since forgotten since doom 3's release back in 2004. However its been brought back and I cant wait to see what it looks like. I have played the multiplayer open beta and it was quite fun, the game play and weapons were interesting and its cool to see how it has came from a simple 16(ish) bit game. I don't know if I will get it because I don't really have money to spend right now but might do in the future.

Have you heard of the series before? Have you played the old doom games before? Have you played the beta, thoughts? Will you be getting it?
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Online Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Candies: 287
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
Re: Doom
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 06:18:25 pm »
I've been thinking about getting it for the last couple of weeks but I'm still looking at reviews and everything.
I think I will end up ordering it sooner or later.  :fox-:P:
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 303
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 06:30:31 pm »
I'm interested in it. It looks quite ambitious and interesting with some of its mechanics. I'll definitely look into it and consider buying it if I hear good things about it.

An unpopular opinion I have is that I actually liked Doom 3. Sure it wasn't exactly revolutionary, but I don't think it was supposed to be. It was a game that provided a tense atmosphere with some good survival horror mechanics. Some parts got repetitive but overall the game is fun and frightening to play through. I'm actually rather disappointed that Doom 4 seems to have dropped the survival horror theme for gameplay that more closely resembles the original games.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:01:45 pm »
      I won't be purchasing Doom I don't think, but I may rent it at some point if it looks good enough. I think Doom was one of the first ever first-person shooters for the computer and it's even still popular today amongst some gamers. That must mean there's something really good about it. That is what I don't know and I'm certainly prepared to find out when the game is released. If it's a horror first-person shooter, I'll definately not play it because horror in general scares me greatly. I know the game is made by Raven whose shooting system I enjoyed greatly. The aiming is very fluid and doesn't jitter at all unlike some other systems. The last Raven game I played was Call of Duty: Ghosts. Although I didn't like it that much because of its story, the game itself was still very solid in terms of playability and gameplay. I'll have to see what Doom is like before I decide whether I'll rent the game or not, but as for buying the game, I probably won't be doing that. At least I'll finally figure out what makes Doom so unique.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His