Author Topic: Weird games  (Read 587 times)

Offline lion dude

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 30
    • cheeki breeki
Weird games
« on: April 22, 2016, 01:58:12 pm »
Anyone who even slightly knows me knows that I just have a thing for weird games,
hell you see that skull in my sig?
That is a sprite thecatamites made, a fellow who makes very odd games including but not only;
  • Space Funeral
  • Goblet Grotto (with another person too)
  • BUBSY THE BOBCAT IN "RIP VAN BUBSY" STARRING BUBSY

You know, stuff like Sonic Dreams Collection or bubsy3d (actually those two are made by the same people).
Stuff like cryptworlds or just generally weird games.

And I want you to talk about the weird games you might have stumbled across and share experiences and titles, I personally think theese games are super interesting and I can't get enough of them and I believe I have found a sort of community with theese kinds of devs, allthough that is another plate of cookies for another glass of milk.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Spikes

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
  • Observe this wild folf.
    • DeviantArt - mageofcatswri
    • FurAffinity - Teriksa_Sunwhit
  • Fursona Species: Folf
Re: Weird games
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 02:01:23 pm »
Ever play Flow? I was obsessed with that game when I was younger. I haven't bothered to play it in quite a while, but, when I played it, I never quite understood what was going on. Just search Flow game and you'll find it; it's the one with the really minimalistic style, white circles for organisms, that was published in 2006, and involves eating other organisms.

I'm sure I can think of weirder games.

Actually, another game that's kind of weird (but not really, if you get what I mean), is Antichamber :3
> Observations intensify.

Offline lion dude

• Yellow Level
    • cheeki breeki
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 02:04:07 pm »
Ever play Flow? I was obsessed with that game when I was younger. I haven't bothered to play it in quite a while, but, when I played it, I never quite understood what was going on. Just search Flow game and you'll find it; it's the one with the really minimalistic style, white circles for organisms, that was published in 2006, and involves eating other organisms.

It's cool, I'm actually happy to hear Weirdness-nostalgia.

Actually, another game that's kind of weird (but not really, if you get what I mean), is Antichamber :3

YES, allthough that one is more of a brain breaker than just plain ol' weird, though I reckon to some extent most of theese types of games are.
Spikes

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 10:12:33 pm »
      The inspiration for my fursona is Yuuya Sakazaki from a Japanese pigeon dating simulator titled Hatoful Boyfriend. I stumbled across the game a while back ago and I first thought the game was very weird, but I fell in love with it rather quick. The game actually has a rather in-depth role-playing game style story that's interesting and you can easilly get into. The game has been out for almost six years now and you can still buy it from the PlayStation Store for PlayStation 4 and Steam. I'd reccomend the game if you like weird games. There's many storylines that are serious, but there's one that's also very light hearted and comical. I also have heard of some pretty strange simulators that you can get on Steam. One game that also comes to mind is Goat Simulator but I think all of you know what that is. There are also games people have probably never heard of that I saw on a YouTube video that lists some rather insane games. I can't think of any other games right now except for Bubsy 3D, which has all ready been mentioned, and the Panasonic 3DO full-motion video games, The Phillips CD-I also gave us some terrible Nintendo inspired games.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Candies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 12:13:17 am »
Oddworld. (Series as a whole.)
It ranges from puzzler to first person shooter. (Mostly puzzler though.)
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 12:49:48 am »

I eventually figured it out. Once you make it to the final level, there are these special organisms you can eat that change you from the snake one to the diamond looking one and brings you back to the top to do all over again.
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 03:50:20 pm »

Flow was awesome, as was the other games that game company made, like Flower and Journey. So abstract, but weirdly relaxing.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 06:18:24 pm »
Spore can be pretty weird if you try. And also, SEAMAN. Seaman is a REALLY weird game. There are fish with HUMAN FACES. And the goal is to take care of and talk to them. They ask you a bunch of questions about your personal life, like your family and interests and stuff like that. And they don't speak in text boxes, they speak with legitimate voices. Human voices. It's just so weird.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2016, 03:11:37 pm »
I'm gonna go explore Seaman now. Thankies :3

As another contribution... have you ever considered playing Anti-Idle? Which is just a game on Kongregate cx but it can be really addicting :3

Offline lion dude

• Yellow Level
    • cheeki breeki
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2016, 03:22:17 pm »
You guys ever heard Normality? It's old but pretty weird.
Spikes

Offline Teriksa

• SCP-055
  • Orange Level
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 05:20:18 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normality_(video_game)

Platform: DOS

Oh god, the memories. The terrible terrible memories. I got a DOS emulator a while ago and tried to play some games on it and it took me two weeks to set up and it was terrible and now I need to cry because I am having memories.

Have you played the Don't Escape series? The third one (Don't Escape 3, dur) is my favorite. A delicious horror game/puzzle vibe....

Offline Easle

• The Most Avid Player of Table Top Games
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 53
  • "I EXPLODED A GOBLIN!! WITH THIS STICK!!"
  • Fursona Species: Angel Dragon
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 05:48:31 pm »
PBG did a video on the weirdest games he could find.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYSfSBPGX5c

His comentary on them is hillarious.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: he him his
Why not put some lemonade on his wounds?
In A'kyria
Friend: I pay five gold to make sure this letter gets to him.
Me: Wait, can his character even read?
Him: ...No...