Author Topic: Bumping Topics  (Read 420 times)

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
Bumping Topics
« on: April 23, 2016, 11:56:26 am »
How do you guys feel about topic bumping? Like, I've seen people do it on AMAs, I'm just wondering if it's appropriate to do on other topics. I don't mean necroposting either, because that is still putting in the appropriate comment for the topic. I mean literally just numbing any topic because you want to know what other people would think/say/do on it. Even worse though I've gotten myself into a little predicament (in which has happened before) where I wanted to revive a thread, but I was the last comment. Would it be appropriate then to double post? Otherwise, there would be no way to revive it... Tell me what you guys think.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
Re: Bumping Topics
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 11:59:55 am »
We don't allow bumping unless there's a good reason. We used to not even allow it in Spam but I'm inclined to not care anymore as long as its not obnoxious  :fox-:P:
Bumping a topic just to get it back to the top is frowned upon (especially in boards like Artwork which are notoriously slow-moving anyways). If it was a discussion about something that you'd like to continue, then I'd say feel free to bump it as long as you're continuing the discussion ^^
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Tappie

• Psychology & Sociology Reasearcher.
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
  • Who Am I?
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 12:04:27 pm »
Is it legal to tell every guest we have spam board?
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Four Legendary Hunters are here.
To defend innocents, and Seize all villain.

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 12:06:13 pm »
The rules of this site aren't law, breaking the rules aren't breaking the law - unless you're talking about stuff that is actually illegal of course.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 12:12:03 pm »

I'm sure if guests go through the site enough, they'll find mention of it somewhere...so, yes  :fox-:P:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Vanity

• A True Vanity
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Prideful and Pure
  • Fursona Species: Norweigen Fjord Horse
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 06:10:14 pm »
Common forum etiquette suggests that necroposting and double-posting are both poor practices. The actual reason behind this is remaining current and not spamming. Necroposting is not being current because it happened in the passed and seen as a way of digging up old dirt, and to an extent, most users from the original thread have probably left leaving the thread almost worthless. Double-posting is spam because you're just being irritating by posting the same thing twice. As rude as it may sound, if people really wanted to read the post, they'd find it without it being number one.
“What people regard as vanity—leaving great works, having children, acting in such a way as to prevent one's name from being forgotten—I regard as the highest expression of human dignity.” ~ Paulo Coelho

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 06:14:59 pm »
Common forum etiquette suggests that necroposting and double-posting are both poor practices. The actual reason behind this is remaining current and not spamming. Necroposting is not being current because it happened in the passed and seen as a way of digging up old dirt, and to an extent, most users from the original thread have probably left leaving the thread almost worthless. Double-posting is spam because you're just being irritating by posting the same thing twice. As rude as it may sound, if people really wanted to read the post, they'd find it without it being number one.

Necroposting is encouraged on this forum rather than creating a new topic all together. It's true that if people really wanted to see something they'd find it themselves, but it's infinitely more convenient if somebody digs something that they may be interested in up for them. It's happen to me on multiple occasions where I've taken initiative and made people realise the things they didn't know they wanted.
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Shia

• Disco Manokits
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 261
  • *noms a moonpie*
    • DeviantArt - discomanokit
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:19:52 pm »
Hmm I always used the word "bumping" for necroposting lol; This thread has good information, necroposting and bumping are pretty common on this site
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Online Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 04:13:54 pm »
Bumping appears to be an annoyance unless preformed by the infallible mods or admins.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥