Author Topic: 100x100 pixel images in signatures  (Read 473 times)

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Cookies: 155
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
100x100 pixel images in signatures
« on: April 24, 2016, 04:45:50 pm »
I read through the Signature Guidelines thread, but couldn't find anything specifically about this. Perhaps I just overlooked it?

But the image I have in my signature was originally 100x100 pixels. However, no matter what I do (manually resize it, remove the text from my sig), it's automatically resized to 95x95 pixels. That seems a bit odd, I wouldn't think those few pixels would make so much of a difference that it's automatically resized to that instead of 100x100. This is kind of bugging me since at 95x95, the image is a bit blurred. Is there a reason/remedy for this?

EDIT: I've changed the image in my signature, but I'd still like to know an answer.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 05:22:56 pm by Alastair »
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by okayyourgrace on Chicken Smoothie, signature image by Niluna on Chicken Smoothie.

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: 100x100 pixel images in signatures
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 02:56:01 pm »
There's a script somewhere in the forum software that automatically resizes signature images to 95 pixels tall. I'm pretty sure Meadow was the one who wrote it, probably to help reduce the number of times someone ends up with a huge image in their sig because they didn't resize it ahead of time. I'm not sure why it's 95 pixels instead of 100 though, possibly so you could still have a line of text above/below without breaking the rules. Scripts/software is stuff that the admins know more about but I'm guessing it's not easily changeable. My recommendation would be to try to resize it yourself in a better program such as photoshop and then inserting that image to see if it helps with the image quality. Sorry for the incovinience
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Cookies: 155
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
Re: 100x100 pixel images in signatures
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:00:40 pm »
There's a script somewhere in the forum software that automatically resizes signature images to 95 pixels tall. I'm pretty sure Meadow was the one who wrote it, probably to help reduce the number of times someone ends up with a huge image in their sig because they didn't resize it ahead of time. I'm not sure why it's 95 pixels instead of 100 though, possibly so you could still have a line of text above/below without breaking the rules. Scripts/software is stuff that the admins know more about but I'm guessing it's not easily changeable. My recommendation would be to try to resize it yourself in a better program such as photoshop and then inserting that image to see if it helps with the image quality. Sorry for the incovinience
Ah, that makes sense. Thank you!

I don't think it would be possible to make it entirely clear under 100x100 pixels since it was a pixel image (but then again, I know next to nothing about that kind of thing haha), but I do appreciate your help very much!
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by okayyourgrace on Chicken Smoothie, signature image by Niluna on Chicken Smoothie.