Author Topic: Chronicles of Elyria?  (Read 298 times)

Offline BTS Mojave

• Green Level
  • Candies: 37
  • See you space cowboy...
    • FurAffinity - bts
  • Fursona Species: Saber tooth/Albino Ball Python
Chronicles of Elyria?
« on: May 04, 2016, 01:21:34 pm »
Wondering if anyone here has heard of or is keeping up with the MMORPG, Chronicles of Elyria? I've been following it for a while now, the Kickstarter for it just popped up yesterday and it's already at 1/3 of it's goal of 900k! I donated at the Early Bird Ursaphant Rider level!

The game itself is a little hard to sum up since there is just so much it offers. It's a MMORPG that is one of the first to implement character aging and dying over the course of 10-14 real life months. You don't have to stick with that traditional quests and combat and instead can really focus on whatever you want, being a merchant, crafting, breeding or training animals, and quite a bit else I'm not mentioning.   
Here is a link to the Kickstarter to read more about it!

Screenshots too!

BTW! On the community aspect of the site, if you feel like joining to see more about it use my friendcode when you sign up. It's D5DD20 !
  • Pronouns: She/Her

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
Re: Chronicles of Elyria?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:58:18 pm »
It's ambitious, I'll give it that. Hey, I'll make my own pledge here and now, if this game does succeed on all it's promises, I'll eat a hat.

I'll be honest, this "dynamic MMO" thing has been tried before, and every time, the developers failed to deliver, or pulled a molyneux with their promises, so, while I will be keeping an eye on it, I have very little hope for them to be able to deliver what they promise due to previous, numerous experiences.

Oh, and they better not expect a lot of money for this if they do succeed. The minute you add permadeath to a game, you are basically saying "hey look, we're putting a timer on your ability to enjoy and play this game dude, but hey, I don't have a time limit to enjoy your money. So yeah, have fun with that temporary property you just paid for." The world is not ready for it, because THERE WILL DEFINITELY BE the sorts of people that will kill newly born/reborn players and basically murder their ingame life span and ruin any chance this person may have had at getting anything.meaningful out of what is basically a paid trial.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Make sure to befriend Badass Big Boss
Discord:Big Boss#1013 Skype: Frantzkrugers