Author Topic: How do you listen to music usually?  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Skiffy Wolf

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 26
  • No idea what I'm supposed to put here.
    • DeviantArt - Charlie-Fan
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: How do you listen to music usually?
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2016, 04:10:31 am »
Vinyl or Radio (not online, proper radio) is my preferred method but I have plenty of stuff I listen to on iTunes that are off of CD's. Spotify personally annoys me, I hate having to listen to those annoying ads that pop up every X amount of songs (don't know how many cause I don't use it very often). Plus the app on my phone isn't that great. They limit stuff to much even though all the stuff they limit on the app I can do on my laptop anyway.

Offline Teal

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
    • FurAffinity - lupus99
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2016, 04:31:50 am »
Vinyl or Radio (not online, proper radio) is my preferred method but I have plenty of stuff I listen to on iTunes that are off of CD's. Spotify personally annoys me, I hate having to listen to those annoying ads that pop up every X amount of songs (don't know how many cause I don't use it very often). Plus the app on my phone isn't that great. They limit stuff to much even though all the stuff they limit on the app I can do on my laptop anyway.
I agree with the adverts but then again they pay for the free service. Still tho I don't know why they limit stuff on the mobile app and not on the desktop version
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline ❀ Shi

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 162
  • Fursona Species: Deer
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2016, 06:46:20 am »
Usually Youtube, but I do have a fair amount of CDs. I like to tune in to the radio once in a while too.
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her <3

Offline Skiffy Wolf

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 26
  • No idea what I'm supposed to put here.
    • DeviantArt - Charlie-Fan
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2016, 04:32:20 pm »
I agree with the adverts but then again they pay for the free service. Still tho I don't know why they limit stuff on the mobile app and not on the desktop version

I think it's supposed to be a marketing thing. Something like "see what you can do with Spotify on your computer? Well you can do that on your mobile if you pay for premium!". Which in it's own way is quite clever cause if you think about it, are you gonna walk to school or around the city or whatever with headphones connected to your mobile in your pocket or are you gonna do it with your headphones connected to your laptop that you'll need to carry in your hands?

Offline Teal

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
    • FurAffinity - lupus99
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2016, 04:47:33 pm »

I think it's supposed to be a marketing thing. Something like "see what you can do with Spotify on your computer? Well you can do that on your mobile if you pay for premium!". Which in it's own way is quite clever cause if you think about it, are you gonna walk to school or around the city or whatever with headphones connected to your mobile in your pocket or are you gonna do it with your headphones connected to your laptop that you'll need to carry in your hands?

True, doesn't stop it from being annoying though
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Kinua

• O_o
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 30
    • Twitter - Real_Kinua
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2016, 03:44:30 am »
I only really use Soundcloud and Youtube for listening to music, mainly because they're both free :P
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
Add me on steam!
Send me a PM if you want, I don't bite!  :fox-;):
Free icon base by feve @FA

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2016, 06:50:03 am »
Usually as downloads on my phone or streaming via YouTube.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2016, 01:10:12 pm »
Most of the music I listen to is through YouTube. I like YouTube because it's fast, free, and I can control exactly what I want to listen. With the radio, you're subject to whatever the station wants to play. Sometimes they'll take requests, but they never give you absolute control for obvious reasons. YouTube allows you to chose literally everything when it comes to the songs you listen to, and it's not just exclusively music. I've never tried using Spotify because I can't afford it, but I have listened to Pandora. Pandora had unvailed new music to me that I actually did come to like, but I eventually found myself using the skip button a lot. I use SiriusXM in the car though, simply because it's a better alternative to public radio because the stations offered have wider variety than what's around me here.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual