Author Topic: Clothing Modifications for fun and pro...NAH just fun.  (Read 419 times)

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
Clothing Modifications for fun and pro...NAH just fun.
« on: May 11, 2016, 06:41:16 am »
So, some of you may know I modify my clothing, and make clothes. It started out as just modifying pre bought cosplay, then became a necessity as some of my clothes needed repairing, and most recently, I made a long coat out of pleather for a sephiroth cosplay, and I am quite proud. Something I've been wanting to do for a while though, was modify a leather of denim jacket/vest in the case of denim, into a personalised piece of wonderment. To let you guys be aware, I amassed a lot of old leather jackets that had been mistreated over the years, and restored them to pretty. And no,I didn't go through ebay, I used charity run thrift shops because that's how you are supposed to get leather.
I intend to modify my second favourite leather jacket (Not my favourite, my favourite is tailor made and I got it from my uncle) and give it a spicy punk twist, you know, because I can.
Here's the Jacket.

It's old, it had mold staining, and it fits pretty well considering it cost me all of about $5, it's perfect for the job.
I'll be posting here to keep you up to date on this. And yes, I am aware I have like, ten projects going at once, they are literally all either to fill in time (drawings) or to achieve something I really want (Cosplay, this thread)
Mods, if you feel this would make more sense in the Cosplay thread I made, feel free to shunt it into there, I don't mind, I just figured replicating armour in foam and modifying a leather jacket (plus, possibly other stuff later) were different enough to justify a different topic, your call bosses.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Make sure to befriend Badass Big Boss
Discord:Big Boss#1013 Skype: Frantzkrugers

Offline cvds

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
Re: Clothing Modifications for fun and pro...NAH just fun.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:33:46 pm »
I think clothing modification is super cool, and I wish I had the know how and materials to do it. Right now I've only distressed a pair of my jeans and I want to taper some pants but need a foot for my sewing machine, eventually j want to start designing and fabricating my own clothes though!
sleepy

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 05:55:04 pm »
I think clothing modification is super cool, and I wish I had the know how and materials to do it. Right now I've only distressed a pair of my jeans and I want to taper some pants but need a foot for my sewing machine, eventually j want to start designing and fabricating my own clothes though!
It's easy enough to do if you look up techniques. The next time I upload here, I'll be posting the drawn up design for the modifications on the jacket. So you just need to know what you want to do and how you want it to look if you're adding stuff like patches and studs, or removing sleeves.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 01:53:56 am »
What's this? My old thread? ALIVE!?

So this is my denim jacket, I got it cheap at an op shop.
I wanted to make it cuter.
Here's what I did

First I bleached it. This is after the first 30 minute treatment. At 1l of bleach to 5l of water. I did this twice. There wasn't much change after the second bleaching.
Next I got some dye. I Diluted it to make it lighter, specifically, I got all the measurements right and just added less of the readied powder dye to the water the Jacket was soaking in, and after soaking it for about an hour it came out like this

It took a long while to dry and after it did, I took to the Jacket with an iron on patch. The end result is this

I am very happy with how my Jacket turned out and might start pastellising other clothes, rather than spending money out the butt to get pre made pastel stuff. Admittedly, I will still have to buy some stuff, but that's mostly for prints or designs.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Noise

• Mummy Boi
  • Forum Elder
  • Candies: 736
  • Candy Corn = Life
    • FurAffinity - cactle
  • Fursona Species: Wickerbeast
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 03:15:49 am »
I know you show me your stuffs on skype
But I just wanted t say again good work friendo! Can't wait to see more
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2017, 05:26:16 am »
thats really cool pastel is awesome
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Graham

• Shiloh isn't haunted - men are haunted.
  • Candies: 59
  • Shiloh doesn't care.
  • Fursona Species: Werewolf
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2017, 10:34:19 am »
I do simple embroidery on jeans and t-shirts, but nothing too big. I think it's really cool to see what other people make.
What was the first thing you modified? Also, what are some things you plan to do in the future? 
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2017, 02:28:30 am »
I do simple embroidery on jeans and t-shirts, but nothing too big. I think it's really cool to see what other people make.
What was the first thing you modified? Also, what are some things you plan to do in the future? 

I've added patches and done some fabric painting to other pieces of clothing before, I'm more of a "Make" rather than "Modify" sort of guy so I've made more clothes than I've modified. But I do plan on adding more pastel and cute patches to the jacket as well as making pastel jeans and trying my hand at fabric painting some cool designs onto clothes which I'll post here unless they're specifically cosplay stuff.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 586
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 11:49:15 am »
Yes!! DIY Fairy Kei for the win  :lion: Looking really good, I love the shade it turned out to be
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Big Boss

• Green Level
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 01:10:05 am »
Yes!! DIY Fairy Kei for the win  :lion: Looking really good, I love the shade it turned out to be
Thanks. That's kinda what I was aiming for. I have heaps of cute pastel and feminine looking clothes but none of them really fit together into nice coords so I'm modifying what I do have to tie stuff together.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual