Author Topic: Stardew Valley (Totally "Unbiased" Review)  (Read 298 times)

Offline Kobe

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
    • FurAffinity - Kagemori
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky
Stardew Valley (Totally "Unbiased" Review)
« on: May 15, 2016, 12:09:34 pm »

Stardew Valley is a simulation game by ConcernedApe that is heavily reminiscent of the Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series. The game starts with your character inheriting your grandfather's old farm in Stardew Valley after escaping a boring cubicle/desk job. You later learn the town isn't what it used to be with Joja Corporation, the company you used to work for, moving into the Valley.

Stardew Valley has mechanics similar to that of the Harvest Moon series, so those who have played the game already have a general understanding of the game's mechanics. Another feature is a combat system which is similar to that of Rune Factory in which your character can equip themselves with armor, weapons etc. and can fight monsters primarily found in the mines. A crafting and skill system is also present. The crafting system allows you to build things such a Cheese Press or a Furnace. The skill system modifies your tools the more you use it giving you abilites such as getting more money per item sold or increasing damage on your weapon.

You can also marry a resident of Stardew Valley. As of currently there are ten total possible people you can marry, 5 male and 5 female. However ConcernedApe (or CA), the game's developer, has planned to add two more possible people to marry Emily and Shane(<3 :fox-;):). Additionally the game does not care which gender you choose to marry allowing you to marry any of the candidates.

The game itself is open-ended, meaning there isn't any real ending to it and as such you can enjoy the game however you like, free of any goals or objectives. Along with the new potential marriage candidates, CA has planned to add cooperative multiplayer and other new features and content to make the game much more enjoyable. But in the meantime you can also enjoy user made mods to enhance your Stardew Valley experience. In my case I'm playing with an anthro character mod which changes a majority of (it's still a work in progress) the characters into anthropomorphized animals (because, well... you know :lol-fox:).

The game is incredibly enjoyable and i can't stop playing it send help pls and I highly recommend it! :lol-fox:
"And so the dust finally settles."