Author Topic: Evolution of Your Fursona  (Read 1224 times)

Offline Hieroglyph

• Vilous nerd
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 124
  • Fantasy > Reality
  • Fursona Species: Artificially-created creature/monster
Evolution of Your Fursona
« on: May 23, 2016, 12:34:43 am »
Forgive me if a topic like this exists already, but how has your fursona changed over the years? Did you ever make any drastic changes like species or personality? How has it developed as a character? Do you ever plan on changing anything in the future?
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - polysexual
  • Pride Flag - nonmonogamous
  • Pronouns: He/him or they/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

[ xNxP - 4w5 or 5w4 - Shapeshifterkin - Agnostic - Pescetarian ]
Icon by BerryCake550!

Offline Easle

• The Most Avid Player of Table Top Games
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 53
  • "I EXPLODED A GOBLIN!! WITH THIS STICK!!"
  • Fursona Species: Angel Dragon
Re: Evolution of Your Fursona
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 02:29:28 am »
Warui has gone through some character and design changes, 1st, I've mellowed him out a little, he is still over the top, but less so. 2nd, I've lowered the patterns on him so that he's not to crowded to look at
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: he him his
Why not put some lemonade on his wounds?
In A'kyria
Friend: I pay five gold to make sure this letter gets to him.
Me: Wait, can his character even read?
Him: ...No...

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 03:07:47 am »
well my original concept designs were more ugly ha ha
the colour the shape of the  ears of my sona has changed a bit i guess
and the character has got ever softer and more cute it seems
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Shia

• Disco Manokits
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 261
  • *noms a moonpie*
    • DeviantArt - discomanokit
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 09:14:16 am »
Mine's species changed, and went through a different design that kinda reflected me coming from NYC idk it's still a part of my life that's very important to me even when I moved away, and I guess my fursona kinda reflects on that.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 10:43:26 am »
At first, everything about my fursona was fluid. His species, his appearance, his color scheme, even his name. Eventually, I decided upon what I currently have, and I don't think he's going to change anytime soon.  :fox-:P:
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Online Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 287
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2016, 12:32:34 pm »
Gaz is still 100% original and he's never going to change in the future.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Arkham Shiragi

• Fluffy Mad Scientist
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • To the endless tomorrow!
    • FurAffinity - Shiragi
    • Weasyl - Shiragi
    • My Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Husky/fox hybrid
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2016, 02:25:01 pm »
I started out a looong time ago with a wolf fursona, which changed a lot, from a grey wolf to an arctic wolf, not to mention a number of design changes, and I basically couldn't settle on one design. (It was pretty frustrating to me.) A few years ago, my sona went through some more changes and was a fox for a while. The visual design I ended up keeping maybe a year or so ago is basically what I have now, even though the species has changed. Then, I went to a coyote/fox hybrid and was mostly happy with that for a while, and I've just recently decided on a husky/fox hybrid. I also have an alternate 'sona, a rabbit fursona, which has gone through a number of changes and been my primary fursona on occasion.
  • Pronouns: they/them/their
Tell the world I know that my mind is made
It's a horror show, but I'm not afraid †

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 241
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Moth
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 03:43:29 pm »
I went through multiple fursonas over the years, but if I were to count them all as the same sona then she has changed A LOT. She technically started out as a fairy cheetah as I was new and trying to be original that didn't last long and she became a wolf and some random hybrids later on, at that time she only had snippets of my personality and looked nothing like me irl she was more of a mascot than a sona. Only in the last year or two has she actually been representing me properly, with her recent incarnation(the spider) being the most accurate physically and mentally, she has gained so much weight since I first made her XD
She may change in the future, I love her current palette but irl I'm the opposite of her current design. I'm really pale with dark hair irl and want her to be the same but ahh haven't made anything as appealing as her current palette yet XD her design and species is always subject to changed no matter how perfect I think of her right now as I have said this before with previous incarnations X3
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline nastybread

• Green Level
  • Candies: 60
  • go home, tatsumaki
  • Fursona Species: Canine
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2016, 04:31:46 pm »
I went through multiple fursonas over the years, but if I were to count them all as the same sona then she has changed A LOT. She technically started out as a fairy cheetah as I was new and trying to be original that didn't last long and she became a wolf and some random hybrids later on, at that time she only had snippets of my personality and looked nothing like me irl she was more of a mascot than a sona. Only in the last year or two has she actually been representing me properly, with her recent incarnation(the spider) being the most accurate physically and mentally, she has gained so much weight since I first made her XD
She may change in the future, I love her current palette but irl I'm the opposite of her current design. I'm really pale with dark hair irl and want her to be the same but ahh haven't made anything as appealing as her current palette yet XD her design and species is always subject to changed no matter how perfect I think of her right now as I have said this before with previous incarnations X3
Woah. So much evolution. I just based mine off of a fursuit I liked. ._.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - nonbinary
  • Pronouns: They/them/their

:lgbtheart: Taken by Pyra :lgbtheart:

Online Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2016, 07:58:22 pm »
My fursona actually hadn't changed that much surprisingly. My very first sona was a blue husky named Splash but I trashed her pretty quickly. Then I made Solstice in basically the form she is today- a purple and white wolf with horns, wings and a dragon tail. About a month later I made her plain wolf form both to fit into her backstory and because it made commissioning art sooo much easier. About a year later I started playing with the idea of giving her hair and last January I made it "official" (still need to get an updated ref) which I really like because it gives her a more feminine appearance.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Dex

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 4
    • DeviantArt - Asterously
  • Fursona Species: Long-Eared Jerboa
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2016, 08:12:17 pm »
I haven't had my fursona for very long but it has changed a bit. It started off as a female rabbit with a different name, she somehow evolved into a he. Then I started to look at other fursonas and briefly started to lean towards wanting a canine or feline (I wanted a long fluffy tail for goodness sake!) but soon returned to rodents. I wanted to keep the long ears of a rabbit but with a longer tail, but I didn't want a hybrid. I looked up rodents with big ears and was going to settle on a rat until I discovered the adorableness of the jerboa! Specifically, the long-eared jerboa. Dex soon came to be and has had very few changes since apart from hairstyle/furstyle, markings, and clothing.
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: He/She/Them/It -- No preference

Offline Kobe

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
    • FurAffinity - Kagemori
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 09:56:42 am »
My fursona was originally a ShadowWereGarurumon, based on the show that actually lead me to find the fandom. What it was is that he would have a unique evolution called "Soul Synchro" (If you know Digimon you know that each series has a distinct digivice, apparently I had made one but I don't really remember making it.) which then he would become SoulGarurumon. I changed it because it I felt as though it just stemmed from my addiction to the show around the time so instead I created a siberian husky sona based on my favorite animal. I wanted to make him distinct so I did a whole background story and world he comes from (which you can see in my profile ^^) and it lead to him having a transformation ability where he turns into a wereborg type thing which to me was a sort of tribute to my previous character.
"And so the dust finally settles."

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 04:26:36 pm »
My god, you should have seen the original Kaz. She was a nightmare. Her name was Ridley (a name I still like, but I do prefer Kaz) and she had yellow EVERYWHERE. I mean Kaz has yellow, but not too much. Ridley was also a really ugly shade of purple, a shade I actually thought looked good back then. Thank God I changed her. I really don't think I'll change Kaz any more.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
    • FurAffinity - DuskCyote
    • Twitter - @Rainbow_Dusk
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 07:20:19 pm »
My fursona has changed completely, I did a whole redesign sometime last year and he looks completely different than he used to.
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

Offline Dax

• 8 bits make a bite, but 4 bits make a nibble
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Lagomorph
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 07:27:47 pm »
With mine, I came up with some sort of hybrid fennec/rabbit/cat originally with blue and white fur (which you can still see in my ancient avatar from 2008 when I first joined here). I think I was about 12 years old or so when I actually put pen to paper and made some art happen in the first place. Too bad I don't have a copy of it to post. Although eventually the colors have toned down to just a black white and tan fur, I still include the red marking because it throws a little individuality in there. Also, it is no longer a hybrid and instead just a plain rabbit, which is much less of a mouthful to explain.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
University of Arkansas - Majoring in Computer Science
Garbage artist but I still try
Been in the fandom since 2006

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2016, 10:48:06 pm »
      My fursona has barely changed at all, and the fursona itself didn't even change only something was added. I decided to add in a last name for my fursona because I thought it would make my fursona more complete than it was before. I haven't changed anything when it comes to design, species, or personality at all. However, I would like to add that the personality of my fursona is rather dynamic because it shares the same personality I do. Instead of it being comsistantly static, it changes minorly over time. I like the species that I am and I find that the current design I use is true to what a real dove is. I really don't want to go away from being a dove or being true to the species so this is the of kept it and this is way I'm going to keep it further on. I have to be dedicated to something for me to ever get anywhere. If I give myself even a little freedom, I go absolutely crazy with it and change everything so frequently I can't enjoy something properly. This is mainly why I keep this way, because I'm content and I don't want to fall into chaos of never being satisfied with my fursona.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Offline JackWolfen

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2016, 10:44:37 pm »
Still developing mine but so far I have just added markings
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 49
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2016, 04:23:56 pm »
If memory serves correctly my alternate Persona evolved first into an actual Fursona of sorts when I was about 10 or 11. Back then it was just a Lombax Fursona inspired by Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank. The Fursona was still largely underdeveloped at that point and was only ever used for a series of short stories I used to play around with in my head. It was about another half year before it evolved again into a two-tailed Fox inspired by Tails. The Fursona's name was still left undecided at that point and hence I got unusually good at dodging around ever mentioning a characters name to make up for the lack of an official name for the Fursona. I developed the Fursona over the course of several years building a universe largely drawing inspiration from other elements of my favorite Media over the course of the years the Fursona and universe were both in service. Like Tails my makeshift Fursona had a great propensity for invention and a general mechanical brilliance. In the later stages, the makeshift fursona gradually started to gravitate away from the more Humanoid design of Tails, losing the second tail and gaining a proper muzzle as well as shifting from orange to red fur. Some more years passed still without a name but the old universe was retired in favor of another going under the name of Project Revlar. Right about then I joined the Furry Fandom and opted to use my existing Persona as my Official Fursona and over the course of a few days finally came up with the name Altairre. Altairre however finally shifted away from the mechanical inclination in favor of reflecting my new interests. Altairre instead took a bold and adventurous personal with a flare of childish innocence and passion. Altairre remained my primary Fursona until I created Tod after a bedroom discussion between some of my family members regarding my own name as well as other names I was almost given. Naturally at one point I was asked what name I might have preferred and the name Tod after the main character from the Fox and the Hound was the first thing that jumped to mind. The more I thought about it the more attached I became to the name until I created my second Fursona Tod who reflected all that I perceived myself as being unlike Altairre who reflected all I wanted to be. Naturally I gravitated closer and closer to Tod until I made him the new primary Fursona. And now here I am. :fox-;):
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline nastybread

• Green Level
  • Candies: 60
  • go home, tatsumaki
  • Fursona Species: Canine
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2016, 06:44:58 pm »
If memory serves correctly my alternate Persona evolved first into an actual Fursona of sorts when I was about 10 or 11. Back then it was just a Lombax Fursona inspired by Ratchet from Ratchet and Clank. The Fursona was still largely underdeveloped at that point and was only ever used for a series of short stories I used to play around with in my head. It was about another half year before it evolved again into a two-tailed Fox inspired by Tails. The Fursona's name was still left undecided at that point and hence I got unusually good at dodging around ever mentioning a characters name to make up for the lack of an official name for the Fursona. I developed the Fursona over the course of several years building a universe largely drawing inspiration from other elements of my favorite Media over the course of the years the Fursona and universe were both in service. Like Tails my makeshift Fursona had a great propensity for invention and a general mechanical brilliance. In the later stages, the makeshift fursona gradually started to gravitate away from the more Humanoid design of Tails, losing the second tail and gaining a proper muzzle as well as shifting from orange to red fur. Some more years passed still without a name but the old universe was retired in favor of another going under the name of Project Revlar. Right about then I joined the Furry Fandom and opted to use my existing Persona as my Official Fursona and over the course of a few days finally came up with the name Altairre. Altairre however finally shifted away from the mechanical inclination in favor of reflecting my new interests. Altairre instead took a bold and adventurous personal with a flare of childish innocence and passion. Altairre remained my primary Fursona until I created Tod after a bedroom discussion between some of my family members regarding my own name as well as other names I was almost given. Naturally at one point I was asked what name I might have preferred and the name Tod after the main character from the Fox and the Hound was the first thing that jumped to mind. The more I thought about it the more attached I became to the name until I created my second Fursona Tod who reflected all that I perceived myself as being unlike Altairre who reflected all I wanted to be. Naturally I gravitated closer and closer to Tod until I made him the new primary Fursona. And now here I am. :fox-;):
Here you are with this book worthy tale (tail hehe furry puns) of yours while "I made based mine off of a fursuit I liked". ._.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - nonbinary
  • Pronouns: They/them/their

:lgbtheart: Taken by Pyra :lgbtheart:

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Candies: 153
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2016, 03:41:18 pm »
Alastair honestly hasn't really changed much at all? He's pretty much the same as he was when I first made him about a year ago. Guess I was just lucky and picked a fursona I could stay with on the first try. :fox-:P:

And I just got Van a few days ago, so I can't really comment on him.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by cutefury on Art Fight.Signature image by Nagi.