Author Topic: Teen Titans Go! Color Pallet Rant  (Read 419 times)

Offline the-average-taco

• Cookies: 0
    • FurAffinity - theaveragetaco
    • Twitter - @thegoatstaco
  • Fursona Species: Goat
Teen Titans Go! Color Pallet Rant
« on: June 19, 2016, 09:40:16 pm »
     Before we start leets get some basics down. Teen Titans Go! is created by Michael Jelenic and Aaron Horvath, and the first episodes premiered on April 23, 2013. I'm talking about this show for one reson, is because it tells a story of what NOT to do as an animater (if thats your dream job). However, it asks one important question, Why? Why did it fail for its color pallet? Let's find out.

Personally, the color pallet bugs me the most. For Teen Titans Go, the color pallet is very bright. It's not as bad as The Problem Solvers, but its still bad. I will compare the color pallet with Steven Universe and Over The Garden Wall. TTG's (Teen Titans Go's) color pallet contains colors that are all over the place from bright purples to upchuck greens (like neon). Compering this to SU (Steven Universe) where the colors are bright, but dull at the same time (almost like a dream). Plus, OTGW's (Over The Garden Wall's) color pallet is muted, and include lots of browns and oranges (like the fall woods). As you can see with the color pallet comparesons, all have balance (except TTG). If the pallet is too bright it will look like Walt Disney threw up. However, if it is too dark it will give it no or little life.

the-average-taco :wuf-;):
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 10:04:16 pm by the-average-taco »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
Re: Teen Titans Go! Color Pallet Rant
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 02:29:30 pm »
Ooh, Teen Titans Go! This is getting good. I could rant on any topic about this show all day.

I thoroughly agree with you. While I'm all for bright and colorful things, Teen Titans Go is just too much. I feel like it's more of a distraction to the show itself. Steven Universe's color palette works since each color is, well what you said earlier, dulled and they all fit in with each other. Nothing seems out of place. With Teen Titans Go, there's enough color to give me a headache. In the original Teen Titans, the color palette was a little simpler and darker, which matched the show's somewhat dark tone. But here, it's all just a loud colorful mess.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)