Author Topic: iPhone issue  (Read 555 times)

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
    • FurAffinity - DuskCyote
    • Twitter - @Rainbow_Dusk
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
iPhone issue
« on: June 23, 2016, 08:27:08 pm »
So I have a jailbroken iPhone 5 which has actually never really worked that good, like it would randomly glitch and then freeze, or the touch screen would stop working, but the main thing that annoys me is the notifications, sometimes it notifies 20 minutes late, most times it wouldn't even notify me at all. I've been using a VPN for a while, so I turned that off and it solved it for a while but I still have late/no notifications.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

Offline Suporcur

• aaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 11
  • no one care's
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Tape
Re: iPhone issue
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 08:47:27 pm »
Jailbreaking a iPhone really opens it up and let's the possibility's flow. But Jailbreaking messes with the software and firmware a lot. It is more than likely that it being jailbroken is causing these issues. That's really all I know on that : /
  • Pronouns: Him/his/he
"*really deep and meaningfull/pessimistic quote here*"

I spent far longer than I should have trying to figure out what that tape says

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 08:50:47 pm »
Jailbreaking a iPhone really opens it up and let's the possibility's flow. But Jailbreaking messes with the software and firmware a lot. It is more than likely that it being jailbroken is causing these issues. That's really all I know on that : /
I guess that's possible, but I jailbroke it the day I got it and I don't remember it doing that until a few months ago. But Im keeping it jailbroken for now

Offline Suporcur

• aaaaaaannnnnnnnddddddddd
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 11
  • no one care's
  • Fursona Species: Yellow Tape
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 08:54:06 pm »
I guess that's possible, but I jailbroke it the day I got it and I don't remember it doing that until a few months ago. But Im keeping it jailbroken for now

hmm. Then it's probably not that. I don't really know. Apple support is actually really helpful when you chat to another live human being.
  • Pronouns: Him/his/he
"*really deep and meaningfull/pessimistic quote here*"

I spent far longer than I should have trying to figure out what that tape says

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 09:13:36 pm »

hmm. Then it's probably not that. I don't really know. Apple support is actually really helpful when you chat to another live human being.
Okay thanks, I might try that sometime but I don't think they will be happy that it's jailbroken so I might just reset it

Offline HerrForehead

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
  • I'm weird
    • DeviantArt - Spirit-Ulf
    • FurAffinity - HerrForehead
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Dragon Hybrid and Foxtaur
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 10:29:43 am »
You do not have to worry getting them mad at you. It is your phone (since you bought it) and you are allowed to modify it in any way you want.
  • Flag - netherlands
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2016, 11:27:48 am »
You do not have to worry getting them mad at you. It is your phone (since you bought it) and you are allowed to modify it in any way you want.
Actually, they will refuse to help you if you say it's jailbroken as you've broken the terms and conditions of their software. You never bought it, just obtained a license to use it and agreed to the terms they set.

I can't really offer much help, but it could be due to a rogue application or setting. It has been years since I looked into jailbreaking, does the Cydia marketplace still exist? If it does and is still updated, I recommend getting apps from there. It could also just be due to them being blocked or because of a slow network.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline HerrForehead

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 14
  • I'm weird
    • DeviantArt - Spirit-Ulf
    • FurAffinity - HerrForehead
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Dragon Hybrid and Foxtaur
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 01:30:00 pm »
Actually, they will refuse to help you if you say it's jailbroken as you've broken the terms and conditions of their software. You never bought it, just obtained a license to use it and agreed to the terms they set.

I can't really offer much help, but it could be due to a rogue application or setting. It has been years since I looked into jailbreaking, does the Cydia marketplace still exist? If it does and is still updated, I recommend getting apps from there. It could also just be due to them being blocked or because of a slow network.

At least there's the community if Apple refuses. How about checking trough the results of this google search task, OP?
https://www.google.nl/?gws_rd=ssl&safe=active#safe=active&q=iphone+jailbroken+late+or+no+notifications
  • Flag - netherlands
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His