Author Topic: Question about Andriods and graphic tablets  (Read 367 times)

Offline Ru

• Don't mind me
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • Just sleepin' in my tree
    • FurAffinity - Kettu99
  • Fursona Species: Red Panda
Question about Andriods and graphic tablets
« on: June 28, 2016, 02:25:23 pm »
I have a class 1 graphic tablet, and I want to take it with me on trips, but I don't want somthing clunky like a laptop, and I can't afford a Windows tablet that actually works. Does anyone know if it's possible to use a graphics tablet on an android or similar device? I know some types of android devices can be used with mice or game controllers if you patch it through an USB OTG cable, but I don't know if that would work with graphic tabs.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
Re: Question about Andriods and graphic tablets
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 11:58:06 pm »
Using a graphics tablet with another iOS/Android tablet, is a little more trouble than it's worth. Not only is it a bit redundant, you can also get a stylus for your iPad/Android and it'll function just fine if not better. It depends on what kind of tablet you have, but I've heard stories of people MacGyvering it. If it's been done with your tablets, directions will likely have been posted online somewhere.

I really recommend using just the Android/iOS with a stylus though. If your Android comes with a stylus, like the Samsung Galaxy Tab, for example, then you're already in business. If not, you can find a stylus that works on all tablets on places like Amazon pretty easily. Usually at pretty good prices too.

Once you've got your stylus, then it's just a matter of finding a drawing app you like. My personal favorite is called Sketchbook.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.adsk.sketchbook&hl=en

Hope this helps!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Ru

• Don't mind me
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 12
  • Just sleepin' in my tree
    • FurAffinity - Kettu99
  • Fursona Species: Red Panda
Re: Question about Andriods and graphic tablets
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 07:20:18 pm »
Thanks! I'll look into that.