Author Topic: Swing Revival  (Read 287 times)

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
Swing Revival
« on: June 28, 2016, 10:24:53 pm »
One day, I was listening to Lithium on SiriusXM. They play alternative and grunge music. One song I came across was "Zoot Suit Riot" by Cherry Poppin' Daddies. I found it to be very weird at first, but I actually found myself liking it quite a bit. It's a genre known as swing revival which came from the old swing from the 1940s mixed with alternative rock aspects. It's basically an up-beat jazz song lead with a drum or baseline. The lyrics resemble more alternative rock than traditional swing. They often focus on darker themes, similar to punk rock. I like it quite a lot because of the alternative rock being mixed with swing. It just has an epic sound that makes you want to dance. I'm wondering if any of ypu have stumbled upon this genre, whether or not you like, and if you know any other good bands like this one. If you haven't given it a listen, you should definately do so if you like jazz or alternative rock.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • kinda only care about giant robots tbh
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
Re: Swing Revival
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 11:59:34 am »
I haven't heard of "swing revival", but I am a big fan of a genre called ElectroSwing, which is, according to Wikipedia, "a musical genre combining the influence of vintage or modern swing and jazz mixed with house, hip hop and EDM." It's my favorite genre, and I guess in a way it's similar to swing revival.
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart