Author Topic: Router antennas  (Read 324 times)

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
    • FurAffinity - DuskCyote
    • Twitter - @Rainbow_Dusk
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
Router antennas
« on: July 06, 2016, 08:32:21 pm »
So my dad decided to be annoying again by removing the antennas off our router so I can only get wifi if im at least 5 feet away from the router, which would be fine except that the router is in my dads office and he doesnt want people in there. Is there a way to make antennas and connect them to the router? we have a D-Link DIR-615 and im not sure how he removed them, it looks like he cut them off or something but idk, theres just these two wires poking out where the antennas used to be.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
Re: Router antennas
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 09:18:16 pm »
Unfortunately, you can't reattach or attach new router antennae if they were sheared off. I know it's none of my business, but your father shouldn't have done that if it was just a prank. The only solution you could use would be to get a new router. Depending on the situation, your service provider may be able to give you a new one free. Due to the circumstance of vandalism though, you'll probably end up having to pay for the router. I'm so sorry that there's no simple solution to the problem. I know how boring it can be without the internet and how much you miss because you aren't connected. I just experienced an outage earlier today and last night. The next thing you need to do is call your service provider and inquire about a new router. Hopefully you can get a good working internet connection soon!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Ember the Dragon

• MLP Dragon
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Pony lover
    • DeviantArt - DuskeyFox
    • FurAffinity - DuskCyote
    • Twitter - @Rainbow_Dusk
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
Re: Router antennas
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2016, 12:51:49 am »
Unfortunately, you can't reattach or attach new router antennae if they were sheared off. I know it's none of my business, but your father shouldn't have done that if it was just a prank. The only solution you could use would be to get a new router. Depending on the situation, your service provider may be able to give you a new one free. Due to the circumstance of vandalism though, you'll probably end up having to pay for the router. I'm so sorry that there's no simple solution to the problem. I know how boring it can be without the internet and how much you miss because you aren't connected. I just experienced an outage earlier today and last night. The next thing you need to do is call your service provider and inquire about a new router. Hopefully you can get a good working internet connection soon!
I wish I could get a new router but the thing is that my dad doesn't want me to have wifi.. So I have to keep my laptop connected to a Ethernet cable to make a hotspot for my phone which sucks because I really miss having wifi in my room but what's even worse is that my dad took away my laptop \: I wish there was a easy way to fix this
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his