Author Topic: Hi! I'm Retroid!  (Read 963 times)

Offline Retroid

• Red Level
  • Candies: 9
    • DeviantArt - RetroidCoyote
    • FurAffinity - Retroid
  • Fursona Species: coyote
Hi! I'm Retroid!
« on: July 16, 2016, 11:30:00 am »
Hi! My furry name is Retroid, and I'm a coyote.
Retroid's color scheme is taken from the Nintendo Entertainment System. He always carries a Zapper with him, and often brings along his boom box, too.
He really likes old sci-fi and horror movies, video games, and punk rock. He likes to tell jokes and play games but has a strong sense of right and wrong. All in all, he just wants to have fun.
As for me, I'm 15 years old.
My hobbies are drawing and writing. I actually have a comic in our high school newspaper. It stars mostly anthros, but I've actually been writing it for a few years before I just recently decided to join the furry fandom.
Another hobby of mine is collecting things. I always like to start a new collection. Some of my collections haven't been updated in a very long time, but as for things I still collect: records, cassettes, video games and consoles, and just weird electronic stuff that interests me.
Another big hobby of mine is making videos. Unfortunately, since my computer suffered a major crash recently, I haven't been able to make new videos in over a month.
I really want to start animating. I just don't have the devoted time or resources yet.
I try to experiment with every type of art that I can. Recently, I made a mashup album called "The Opposite of Nothing." It was actually pretty fun, and once my computer gets fixed, I intend to begin work on a second mashup album.
My interests are pretty diverse. Obviously, the furry fandom is one of them. I'm very interested in film. I love watching movies, but not in the same way as most people my age. When a movie was made or where it was made don't matter to me. I do have certain special interests when it comes to movies, but most of the time, I try to give every movie a fair chance. I actually currently own hundreds of movies on DVD, Blu-ray, and most of all, VHS.
My "special interests" in movies include classic comedies, kaiju movies, and of course films starring anthropomorphic animals. (Among other things)
I am very interested in music. In fact, I enjoy almost all genres of music, except for screamo and opera, it seems. My interest in music led me to discover Neil Cicierega's two mashup albums, which inspired me to create my own.
I am interested in vintage technology, especially computers and AV equipment from the early 90's and prior.
One of my largest interests is the history of video games. I've been collecting video games for 5 years, and have since built a collection of 18 consoles and over 275 games. My favorite console, despite theming my fursona after the NES, would have to be either the Atari 2600 or the Sega Genesis.
I'm also interested in Japanese culture, especially anime. Some of my favorite anime are Dragon Ball, One Punch Man, and Sonic X (the original Japanese version, the 4Kids version sucked).
As for my favorite "furry" movie, I don't know, Zootopia?
And to cover video games, I'm a Sonic fan, so if that counts, I guess it's my favorite furry video game.
I feel it's much easier to just list my top 10 favorite movies overall (in no particular order).
Bambi (1942)
Gojira (1954)
It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963)
Wayne's World (1992)
Modern Times (1936)
Back to the Future (1985)
Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
Zootopia (2016)
Jurassic Park (1993)
Napoleon Dynamite (2005)

Well, that's all I can think of to say for the moment. Can't wait to start making connections!
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Avø Salt

• angry woofer
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Gimme your lunch money, nerd.
    • DeviantArt - Ay-Avo
    • FurAffinity - AyAvo
  • Fursona Species: Husky x German Shepherd
Re: Hi! I'm Retroid!
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2016, 06:29:28 pm »
Hey! Welcome to FT! (Im new aswell, haha)
NES immediately caught my attention xD What are some of your favorite games? (Not just for NES, for any systems)
Robbie Rotten is my daddy
https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk go help him plz

Online Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 06:33:13 pm »
Welcome to FT! I love collecting things too c: I used to collect Blurays/DVDs as well but I haven't bought many these last couple years unfortunately. If you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to contact the staff <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Retroid

• Red Level
    • FurAffinity - Retroid
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2016, 06:43:05 pm »
When it comes to video games, it's really hard for me to pick my favorites. My opinion on what video games are my favorite seems to change on an almost daily basis.
I am a pretty big Sonic fan, and some of my favorite Sonic games are Sonic Adventure, Sonic Generations, and Sonic the Hedgehog 3. I'm not a huge fan of RPGs, but I recently bought Earthbound Beginnings (AKA Mother) on the Wii U Virtual Console and am enjoying it very much. I've recently taken a liking to Revolution X (look it up, it's bizarre), and I'm looking for other games like it. Pac-Man is unbeatable, as is the original Doom. One game that is undoubtedly a favorite of mine is the original Mortal Kombat.

Offline Kobe

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
    • FurAffinity - Kagemori
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Husky
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2016, 02:51:21 pm »
Hiya! Welcome to FT! :lol-fox:
Wow you have a large collection of games...
Do you have a favorite console to play games on?
"And so the dust finally settles."

Offline Retroid

• Red Level
    • FurAffinity - Retroid
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 04:48:06 pm »
Hiya! Welcome to FT! :lol-fox:
Wow you have a large collection of games...
Do you have a favorite console to play games on?

Quite possibly the Sega Genesis. Even though I themed Retroid after the NES.  :fox-:P:

Offline Gauge Aneko

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Nyah~ I'm a dino-cat! :3
    • DeviantArt - Awesome-Chipz
    • FurAffinity - Gauge-Aneko
    • Twitter - GaugeAneko
  • Fursona Species: Cat/Ankylosaurs Hybrid
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2016, 08:01:46 pm »
Welcome to FT!

OMG that's so cool that your school let you make comic strips for the school paper  :D! I was the head graphic and layout designer for my school paper (I also came up with the name for it as well which was the "Paw Print") and I totally should have asked if I could make comics as well!
  • Pronouns: They/them/their
Art for profile pic was made by Polaromi in an art trade :)

Pet's name: Gauge
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Retroid

• Red Level
    • FurAffinity - Retroid
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2016, 08:08:40 pm »
Welcome to FT!

OMG that's so cool that your school let you make comic strips for the school paper  :D! I was the head graphic and layout designer for my school paper (I also came up with the name for it as well which was the "Paw Print") and I totally should have asked if I could make comics as well!
I was actually the first person to ever make a comic for our school paper in the several decades it had run. One day in seventh grade, I just basically decided "You know what? I'm going to write a comic and give it to someone on the newspaper staff." I've been doing it ever since then and I'm entering tenth grade in August.
I've been thinking of putting my comics online for anyone who wants to see them. What do you think?
Actually, I've gotten a head start on my comics for tenth grade. They're going to follow a continuing story. The plot is that two of the main characters (who are anthros) go on a road trip to Pittsburgh and stumble upon Anthrocon and Furries. So, basically, the main conflict of the story is the reaction that the Furries have to real life anthropomorphic animals. Hopefully, it goes over well.

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2016, 09:44:01 pm »
Hiya! Sorry for not responding faster... XP
Welcome to FT! Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat!  :lol-fox:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Offline Gauge Aneko

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Nyah~ I'm a dino-cat! :3
    • DeviantArt - Awesome-Chipz
    • FurAffinity - Gauge-Aneko
    • Twitter - GaugeAneko
  • Fursona Species: Cat/Ankylosaurs Hybrid
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2016, 09:57:43 pm »
Welcome to FT!

I was actually the first person to ever make a comic for our school paper in the several decades it had run. One day in seventh grade, I just basically decided "You know what? I'm going to write a comic and give it to someone on the newspaper staff." I've been doing it ever since then and I'm entering tenth grade in August.
I've been thinking of putting my comics online for anyone who wants to see them. What do you think?
Actually, I've gotten a head start on my comics for tenth grade. They're going to follow a continuing story. The plot is that two of the main characters (who are anthros) go on a road trip to Pittsburgh and stumble upon Anthrocon and Furries. So, basically, the main conflict of the story is the reaction that the Furries have to real life anthropomorphic animals. Hopefully, it goes over well.
That sounds awesome, I would love to read your comics :D!
  • Pronouns: They/them/their
Art for profile pic was made by Polaromi in an art trade :)

Pet's name: Gauge
Adopt virtual pets at Chicken Smoothie!

Offline Retroid

• Red Level
    • FurAffinity - Retroid
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2016, 10:00:40 pm »
Hiya! Sorry for not responding faster... XP
Welcome to FT! Feel free to PM me if you'd like to chat!  :lol-fox:
Thanks! I will sometime!

Offline Retroid

• Red Level
    • FurAffinity - Retroid
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2016, 10:01:48 pm »
That sounds awesome, I would love to read your comics :D!
Aww, thanks!  :blush-fox: