Author Topic: New Board: Religion Board!  (Read 1523 times)

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 585
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
New Board: Religion Board!
« on: July 31, 2016, 01:42:14 pm »
Hello members of FT! :lion:

It is with excitement that we announce a new board to our lineup: the Religion Board!
This is a requested-access board that is a safe space for all religious discussions. By making this a private board, we hope to cut down on most religion-based flamewars & provide a space for users to discuss their beliefs without fear of judgement. There is no debate allowed in this board, only discussion and respectful questions. We also have a tagging system in place, to easily identify relevant topics & avoid ones you don't want to see.

Access can be requested through your profile > "Group Membership". (Please keep in mind, your request may be rejected if you have a history of religion-based trouble, including flamewars and/or baiting.)

Hopefully some of you will find this board beneficial. Be sure to thank MysticSolstice as it was her wonderful idea <3
Any comments/concerns/questions, feel free to post here

• Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
Re: New Board: Religion Board!
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 01:52:08 pm »
Hmm interesting.
Just a few questions
Are non religious/non identifying people, allowed/would serve any purpose for them? And by religion does it include like philosophy and world views in general?
Is it like a board where there is a sub area or thread for each religious group of people or? (Well the tagging system) Im sure it will be good to keep some stuff away from the debate and discussions board though
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 02:03:16 pm »
Are non religious/non identifying people, allowed/would serve any purpose for them?

Yes of course! Non-religious people are absolutely welcome, whether they want to just browse & learn or ask questions. The main thing is just being respectful. We are putting faith in everyone, meaning that we trust that non-religious people want access so they can learn, and not just gawk or pass judgements.

And by religion does it include like philosophy and world views in general?

I guess it depends on what kind of philosophy? I'd say we'd like to stay away from broad topics like "What happens when you die" since that can quickly escalate into a flamewar, but if you have something more specific that you don't feel comfortable posting about in the main boards, then I'd say go for it.

Is it like a board where there is a sub area or thread for each religious group of people or? (Well the tagging system) Im sure it will be good to keep some stuff away from the debate and discussions board though

Its just one board ^^ The tagging system really just involves asking users to tag their topic in a specific way with whatever religion(s) it involves. Though, if there's enough demand, sub-boards for certain religions wouldn't be out of the question c:

Thanks for the questions, they raised a couple points we hadn't thought of yet  :lion:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Ti'Nari

• Talking to angels and counting the stars
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 42
  • Making a wish on a passing car
  • Fursona Species: yes.
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 02:31:31 pm »
oh my gosh thank you so much for this board! I've been feeling kinda ill about posting my religious beliefs on here. This makes me so much more comfortable
  • Pronouns: they/theirs/them

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 05:30:53 pm »
oh my gosh thank you so much for this board! I've been feeling kinda ill about posting my religious beliefs on here. This makes me so much more comfortable

Double ditto, this is an amazing idea! Thank you so much!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Pip ♤

• You see everything when the world doesn't see you
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 181
  • When she's near me all the world is new
    • DeviantArt - queerfloof
    • FurAffinity - queerfloof
  • Fursona Species: squak
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 08:51:48 am »
This is a great idea ouob
Thank you guys o3o
I do have a question though: What would be the limits of posting on this board? Like would you be able to ask for advice, or be able to talk about your religion with others who aren't in the same religion? I don't have any thoughts on posting anything malicious, I'd just like to know the general rules of the board I guess :p
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - graysexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

♧ There'll always be a few things, maybe several things, that you're gonna find really difficult to forgive ♧
my mind 24/7

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 09:47:27 am »
This is a great idea ouob
Thank you guys o3o
I do have a question though: What would be the limits of posting on this board? Like would you be able to ask for advice, or be able to talk about your religion with others who aren't in the same religion? I don't have any thoughts on posting anything malicious, I'd just like to know the general rules of the board I guess :p
Both of those examples you gave would be ok! We want people to be able to learn and discuss as much as possible, as long as no ones safe space is being disturbed you should be good to discuss whatever you want about your religion. The board does have a specific set of rules that you can read once you're in there but there isn't anything too different from the main site rules, just things like no flaming and be respectful etc
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Quote Deimos

• Be gay, totally gay
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Be a pride and shining rainbow
    • DeviantArt - Deatox
    • FurAffinity - SeanFox
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2016, 03:32:36 am »
Yes! I was actually thinking of suggesting a proper religion board after I made my religion thread.

>sign up intesifies
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - gay
Sing while you hear it
Don't deny it
Leave if you can't stand the thought of it

Leave your love letters here!

Icon by me

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2016, 10:29:16 pm »
I think this is a fantastic addition to the forum! I do have one question pertaining to the new Religion Board. Could we use the board to recieve some religious counsel? I know we give support to people on the Teen Health Board, and I was wondering if some more spiritual support could be given on the Religion Board. Sometimes I find it better to have some form of religious support than having someone try to comfort me, although both is greatly appreciated.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Ti'Nari

• Talking to angels and counting the stars
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 42
  • Making a wish on a passing car
  • Fursona Species: yes.
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2016, 10:32:08 pm »
I think this is a fantastic addition to the forum! I do have one question pertaining to the new Religion Board. Could we use the board to recieve some religious counsel? I know we give support to people on the Teen Health Board, and I was wondering if some more spiritual support could be given on the Religion Board. Sometimes I find it better to have some form of religious support than having someone try to comfort me, although both is greatly appreciated.
I agree with Adrian on this! Religious support can also help those with stressful problems
  • Pronouns: they/theirs/them

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2016, 10:34:59 pm »
Yep! Using it for religious counsel is completely ok and would be a great use of the board c:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Dazed

• Hell0
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 73
  • icon base by Baronessa
    • DeviantArt - DazedMongoliensis
  • Fursona Species: Furred Raptor
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2016, 10:40:40 pm »
I find religion to be... interesting.
Heh.. shoot. I wonder if i'll be granted access..
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: Dont care
Looking to chat? Skype is on my profile page, and you can ask me for my steam.

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2016, 10:11:15 pm »
I'm sorry if this is the inappropriate way to inquire about my access, but I figured I'd ask. I applied for access to the Religion Board last month or maybe even the month before and I gave about a paragraph for an explanation as to why I desired such permission. I've checked back with my request on the "Group Memberships" section on my profile's pace, and to no avail, it still says that my request is pending. I'm not sure if maybe my request was overlooked or what happened, but I'd like to see as to what happened to my request. If something was wrong with my request, I'd like an explanation if at all possible because I'm more than willing to correct any wrong I've done. Thank you in advance!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2016, 10:43:15 pm »
I'm sorry if this is the inappropriate way to inquire about my access, but I figured I'd ask. I applied for access to the Religion Board last month or maybe even the month before and I gave about a paragraph for an explanation as to why I desired such permission. I've checked back with my request on the "Group Memberships" section on my profile's pace, and to no avail, it still says that my request is pending. I'm not sure if maybe my request was overlooked or what happened, but I'd like to see as to what happened to my request. If something was wrong with my request, I'd like an explanation if at all possible because I'm more than willing to correct any wrong I've done. Thank you in advance!

Sorry, I'll accept it right now. Staff doesn't get notifications for board requests, so the only way we approve them is when we remember to go in and look. Sorry for the inconvience.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist