Author Topic: "Free"  (Read 612 times)

Offline Heulenkojote

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Moechtet *hic* ihr mit mir singen?
"Free"
« on: December 09, 2007, 09:47:04 pm »
Im a bit of a poet/songwriter and in my spare time, I put little songs together with my guitar and desktop mic.

These are some lyrics I wrote than I plan to put a melody to.

FREE
Many a sunrise to blind our eyes.
Many a failure of life
Why are entire years strewn on the cutting room floor of memory? When moments from one magic night flash single frame in closeup on the 3D Imax of my mind. Why am I a witness? And when I capture it on film, will it mean that its the end and I'm alone?

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
Re: "Free"
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 01:22:24 am »
Can't really decide if you're promoting rebellion or suicide there (though often they can be the same thing), but it's certainly more emotional than most songs I hear, so good work I guess.
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Heulenkojote

• Red Level
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:12:22 pm »
I have a way with being vague I guess ^.^;
I tried to make this song seem as a rebellion of sorrow and be free from the 'Chamber of Pain'. I can see how that ties to suicide, yet as somber as some of my songs may be, this one, at it's core, is a happy song. (Believe it or not.)

I was having a pretty meloncholy day when I wrote it so...I guess that reflects.
Why are entire years strewn on the cutting room floor of memory? When moments from one magic night flash single frame in closeup on the 3D Imax of my mind. Why am I a witness? And when I capture it on film, will it mean that its the end and I'm alone?

Offline Morgan Persimmon

• Participant
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Now with 45% more!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:15:52 pm »
Beautiful!
Nice lyrical work- you say you work with a guitar, you have a recording of it?
[quote ]
(9:29:08 PM) Jamie: Heh, but for real? Not just a cat picture joke?
[/quote]

Offline Heulenkojote

• Red Level
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:27:36 pm »
Its a work in progress ^.^; I'll finish it eventually

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 02:53:26 pm »
I have a way with being vague I guess ^.^;
I tried to make this song seem as a rebellion of sorrow and be free from the 'Chamber of Pain'. I can see how that ties to suicide, yet as somber as some of my songs may be, this one, at it's core, is a happy song. (Believe it or not.)

I was having a pretty melancholy day when I wrote it so...I guess that reflects.
I get the feeling that if this had been done with sound it would be simpler, as at least I think the "tone" is different on the rebellion one ^_^
Anyhow, good job at making something I'd claim was a good speech to start a rebellion. Now you just need a case.
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality