Author Topic: art teacher?  (Read 284 times)

Offline ichta

• it´s a hard knock life...
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 20
  • ...for me
  • Fursona Species: Dragon, manokit
art teacher?
« on: August 09, 2016, 03:31:32 pm »
hello to anyone who may or may not be reading this.
i dont know if it fits in this place of the site but if thats the case then so be it  :fox-:P:
the reason why i post here is beacuse i would like a "teacher" in drawing. i have seen some amazing art here and im relly jellous cuz i suck at it  :sad-fox:
anyway, i know its something you dont learn over night but if someone has the time (and ALOT of patience) and are willing to try and teach me some then that would make me really happy ^^

untill next time, baiii
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
to do something you have to belive in it.
if you dont belive in it, think that you will fall down and break your legs, then don't do it

~zlatan ibrahimovic

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
Re: art teacher?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:38:40 pm »
I'm wont be able to help ya sorry but i think this site has good basic tutorials
http://www.dragoart.com/
Ive seen some good ones on da too

But to start drawing i would use shapes like circles or even 3d cubes to construct a skeleton before drawing on top and creating something good.
But if you have any specofic drawings that you have drawn or are in the process of drawing that you want advice on to improve please feel free to ask
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline JackWolfen

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 05:05:43 pm »
I have always tough myself how to draw. though I'm still not that good but I am at least known in my school for being a decent drawer. The way I think you should learn if you cant find someone who could help you, if you are willing to take that time, you should start with looking at a picture like a dragon and draw it. This helped me get the structural image in my head and how an animal would be drawn and the more you draw them from other images the easier it will get. But don't copy an image and say its yours, there is just no point to that.
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Ember

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 01:57:05 pm »
I would not mind trying to help you with drawing but a lot of drawing is finding your own style. using reference photos is a good start, i did sacrilege in my own start to drawing and traced stuff out of drawing books *gasp* but it did help me find my own way of doing things.

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 12:24:26 am »
1. Draw all the time.
Most important part of learning anything. If you don't practice all the time, consistently, then you won't improve as fast. Make a habit of it. If you get to the point where you find yourself doodling without thinking about it to relieve stress or because you're bored, you're on the right track.

2. Draw everything.
Try your keyboard, your doorknob, a plant, a book, a restaurant booth, a building, different people, different animals, everything. Every single thing you try drawing adds it to your mental library. It's really underappreciated how useful this is, especially when you're trying to draw something different and think, 'this is kinda similar to this part of that other thing I drew, that would make this easier.' Seriously, this helps a ton with drawing different facial features (because you drew tons of different people), different breeds of animal (because you drew tons of different animals), and so on.

3. Use both live subjects and reference photos.
Reference photos are awesome, and are super helpful, but if you don't draw a lot from live subjects as well, things tend to look off. Remember, photos are 2d, and will always be, and get your brain thinking in 2d mode. Real life stuff is 3d and will get you into the mindset of drawing in 3d. By live subjects, I'm not saying you need to ask people to pose or anything, I mean the things you have lying around your room, quickly sketching the people that walk by, etc.

4. Gesture Sketching
The single most useful art class I ever took was Drawing for Animation, which was nothing but gesture sketching. Loosen yourself up by trying to capture the entire image or pose in a matter of seconds, without trying to be perfect, then move right on to the next pose/picture, and so on. You can mix up the times, so that after a while you're spending a couple minutes on each picture instead of 30 seconds, but remember that it's there to help you see whole shapes, loosen your lines, draw tons and tons. You will go through loads of paper, and that's a good thing. Try going to a park or mall and just draw people. You only see anyone for a minute or less, and that's more than enough time!

5. Draw all the time.
Because the first point is really really really important.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)