Author Topic: Does anyone here feel a strong connection to Nirvana's music?  (Read 236 times)

Offline Strider

• Candies: 1
    • FurAffinity - StridertheTiger
  • Fursona Species: Tiger
Does anyone here feel a strong connection to Nirvana's music?
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:49:07 am »
I've been obsessed with Nirvana for like almost a year now and I feel really in touch with their music.  Songs like Heart Shaped Box and Something in the Way just touch me musically and have really changed my perception of the world.  I feel like Kurt Cobain is my role model and he is such a beautiful guy and I'm sad that he died so early on before I was born but I have some strong feeling towards him and i'm wondering if anyone feels the same.
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Pip ♤

• You see everything when the world doesn't see you
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 181
  • When she's near me all the world is new
    • DeviantArt - queerfloof
    • FurAffinity - queerfloof
  • Fursona Species: squak
Re: Does anyone here feel a strong connection to Nirvana's music?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 11:32:16 am »
aaaaaaaah yes Nirvana ;v;
A lot of their songs really touch me and influence my emotions a lot, like Polly. It's so sick and descriptive, it's hard not to feel like part of the story behind the song. I feel the same with Heart-Shaped Box and Something In The Way.
I think a lot of it has to do with Kurt's vocals. They're basically the definition of grunge. His voice is so gritty and deep, but it's so beautiful.
I'd say I feel the same way about The Smiths/Morrissey. Morrissey's vocals are just perfect and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;A;
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - graysexual

♧ There'll always be a few things, maybe several things, that you're gonna find really difficult to forgive ♧
my mind 24/7

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 11:03:35 pm »
I do like Nirvana and several of their songs. My favorites are "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Come As You Are". I'm a huge fan on grunge music, all starting with the legendary Stone Temple Pilots. I haven't really connected with Nirvana's music very well, but there has definately been some grunge that I have. If you like Nirvana, you may like Foo Fighters. They're lead singer is Dave Grohl, Nirvana's first drummer. They've lost their grunge sound in modern times, but their earlier music is rather good. I connect more with the songs of Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, and Pearl Jam. Grunge is such a beautiful genre that should most definately by revived. The lyrics are the most true of them all. Really though, grunge is just reality. That's what makes it so good.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Strider

• Candies: 1
    • FurAffinity - StridertheTiger
  • Fursona Species: Tiger
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 10:59:55 am »
Yeah, Kurt's voice is just one of a kind.  People have tried to mimic it but nobody can sound like him because he fills his voice with his own emotion.  He wasn't a pro guitarist but he didn't need to be because the clean and dirty riffs and the emotional feeling of his voice was all that was needed.  I'm really inspired by the way he really points out the bad things in our society. 

I definitely love Foo Fighters haha, and I even caught the Zootopia reference.  I'm glad to see that Dave is still successful and they've pretty much slipped into the Indie Rock genre.  Stone Temple Pilots are amazing too, I like Trippin on a Hole in a Paper Heart and Creep.  I agree that grunge should be revived, along with the Psychedelic genre including Pink Floyd.  Music really moves when it is played by real people.