Author Topic: Advice for a beginner photographer?  (Read 284 times)

Offline Empire

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • I hold a beast, an angel, and a madman in me.
  • Fursona Species: Tiger
Advice for a beginner photographer?
« on: August 14, 2016, 03:10:25 pm »
I have a few questions for more advance photographers:
1. How would you make it into a career?
2. Preferences of what you take pictures of? Ex. sunsets, sports, etc.
3. How far do you go to take the perfect picture?
  • Pronouns: She/Her, female pronouns!

Offline HerrForehead

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • I'm weird
    • DeviantArt - Spirit-Ulf
    • FurAffinity - HerrForehead
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Dragon Hybrid and Foxtaur
Re: Advice for a beginner photographer?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2016, 03:11:34 am »
I wouldn't call myself an advanced photographer, but I could try to answer some questions.
Here goes:
1. If I would make it into career, I would start of photographing as hobby, and try to improve from there.
2. I prefer to make pictures of nature related things.
3. I don't go really far to make a perfect picture. To make a nice picture, I go for a walk and just look around. And if something I see speaks to me, I make a photo of it.

Here is an example: http://imgur.com/1iOm4Cn
  • Flag - netherlands
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2016, 09:31:07 am »
Well, I'm not really a major photographer, but my dad taught me a lot of tricks and kinda got me started taking nice pictures, so I'll share a few of the things I know.  :fox-:P:

1. Find one area you like best and focus on it. For me, that's macrophotography. I like getting up close to flowers and bees and stuff and taking pictures of them. However, you might find that boring! Try a lot of different styles until you find one that you are best at/you enjoy most. Perhaps it's photojournalism, perhaps still life, idk.  :fox-:):
2. Sometimes, when you get really far down the line of experience, it's easy to forget the simple stuff. Always keep in mind the rule of thirds, leading lines, etc. when framing a picture. When you learn complicated techniques, you tend to forget the simpler techniques. That happens in almost all hobbies. The thing is, those simpler techniques still apply, more advanced knowledge just teaches you new ways to apply them.  :fox-:P:
3. Don't do it because you want to make money. Do it because you enjoy it. Don't let it get to a point where you're only doing it for your next job. If business is slow, go out and take pictures anyway. Hobby pictures. My dad takes his camera everywhere with him, but he never sells his services or photographs. Not saying it's wrong to sell your services or pictures, just don't let the business aspect overshadow the hobby aspect.  :fox-:):

Hope this helps!  :lol-fox:
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Offline Amethyst Moon

• OwO
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 16
  • I make tails!
    • DeviantArt - Amethyst-Moon-Furry
    • Amethyst Moon Creations
  • Fursona Species: Tundra Gemolf (My own type of thin)
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:01 pm »
I LOVE taking pictures! I just do it for fun and sometimes I enter contests with them. To answer question 3, it takes a few pictures to find the best one. For eggzample, it took me about 8 pictures until I got the purfect one.

To answer question 2, It depends. The type of lens, setting, and the way you take the picture. Personaly, macro is my thing. Macro means taking a picture thats close up and clear.

Hope dis will helps x3
-Amethyst Moon :badger:
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers/They/Them/Their
Do YOU have a crush on me?? OwO                http://thiscrush.com/~amethyst-moon