Author Topic: Rate the Last Roller Coaster You Rode  (Read 311 times)

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
Rate the Last Roller Coaster You Rode
« on: August 14, 2016, 11:21:33 pm »
I spent all day at Kentucky Kingdom, an amusement park about an hour and a half from where I live. The park was abandoned for awhile before opening up once more and today was my first back. The park has always been known for its roller coasters. I'm glad to see that even without the Six Flags brand, they have such rich thrill rides under new ownership. This lead to me thinking about roller coasters and one that specifically stood out to me. I decided to create this thread for anyone else to share some of their striking coaster experiences.

Today, I rode my first steel roller coaster today, Lightning Run. Lightning Run is one of Kentucky Kingdom's newer rides, opening only in March of 2015. I'd rode wooden coasters before, and I thought it was time to ride on the great steel. After waiting in line for almost an hour and a storm coming in from Indiana, I finally got to the front and up the lift hill I went. At the top of the hill, I was in for a big surprise. The hill literally lifted me out of my seat. The first drop hill is 100 feet at an 80° angle, something quite intense that jever experienced before. The coaster takes some rather absurd corkscrews, one flipping almost completely upside down. There are also three air time hills including the first drop hill. Although I can't get a specific meassure, Lightning Run was incredibly fast. Lightning Run took great use of force throughout the entire ride. The ride mainly focuses on speed and velocity. It takes most of its power from the gigantic 80° drop. It uses that power to create the weightlessness after the drop. Most of the ride feels like you're soaring in mid-air because the air time is so intense. I was literally shocked by the rides power. It has several corkscrews throughout, but there's one in particular that twists to about 135°. Time really does seem to slow down as the coaster rolls into the turn. Despite the scare, I consider Lightning Run to be a good roller coaster for anyone, especially thrill seekers. I think there's much more potential with the ride they could've done, such as a few loops, but it was overall a fantastic design by the engineers. I give Lightning Run an 8.0 out of 10.0.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Avø Salt

• angry woofer
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Gimme your lunch money, nerd.
    • DeviantArt - Ay-Avo
    • FurAffinity - AyAvo
  • Fursona Species: Husky x German Shepherd
Re: Rate the Last Roller Coaster You Rode
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2016, 12:03:21 am »
Last thing I rode was the dragster at Cedar Point
Robbie Rotten is my daddy
https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk go help him plz

Offline Vesper

• It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits :]
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • I'm almost afraid of the man I've grown into
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 12:24:59 am »
About a month ago, I went to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay and rode the SheiKra. It brings you up really high at an angle before reaching the top. Then, it makes a slight turn and stops, leaving you at the beginning of a 200ft drop, and then it drops down at a 90 degree angle going 70mph. After that, its just loops and stuff. A little short too.
8.5/10
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 12:28:42 am by Vesper »
  • Flag - mexico
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/It

Offline nastybread

• Green Level
  • Candies: 60
  • go home, tatsumaki
  • Fursona Species: Canine
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 11:58:24 am »
OMFG THIS IS THREAD IS FOR ME
(I love roller coasters, if you somehow didn't know already

Canyon Blaster - The Great Escape (owned by Six Flags)
Being a family coaster, it has absolutely no negative Gs - which is a good thing, as I don't like those. However, at the end you do get some wonderful positive Gs. It's pretty old, and I think it really needs a paint job.
POV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QfFLBxvBts (not sure why some people were riding backwards)
6.5/10
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - nonbinary
  • Pronouns: They/them/their

:lgbtheart: Taken by Pyra :lgbtheart: