Author Topic: Drawing Challenges  (Read 526 times)

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
Drawing Challenges
« on: August 30, 2016, 02:27:14 am »
This is the place for all those challenges, the 30 day ones, the design 100 somethings, you get the drift.
Doing consistent challenges like this are awesome for a ton of reasons, including building habits, exercising creative muscles, and trying new things (maybe even enjoying them!)
If you're doing a challenge, post today's picture(s) here! Remember, the important thing isn't that it looks good, just that they actually get done.

The thing with these challenges, though, is that I find accountability to be a big part in having these things actually work. So I guess this is a bit of a helper for me as well, as I've found my drawing habit is slipping away from me, so I wanted to do a 30 day challenge to get me back on my feet. I'll be working on this challenge starting on the first of September. You're all welcome to join me with this one, or do your own challenges. There's definitely no shortage of them out there!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
Re: Drawing Challenges
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 10:17:23 am »
That's really cool, I think I'll try it! probably gonna give up fairly quickly tho... XD
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 10:53:05 pm »
That's a cool challenge and I really like the idea of having a thread for them!
I want to do one but I'm not sure if daily sketches are within my abilities for now. I'll think on it, maybe do my own that's a little lower in frequency.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2016, 01:46:24 pm »
Here's the picture for day one - Halloween!

finished, not perfect - finished, not perfect - finished, not perfect

Will probably post the next few days' worth all at once since I won't be at my computer again till Monday.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline Eden

• Just a sad little foxo!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox (The "r" is optional ;3)
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 12:42:32 am »
I just saw this, and I think it's an awesome idea!  Heh so even though I'm late I still want to do it :fox-:P:, so here's my Halloween drawing (I low-key didn't realize that there were themes until I was like almost done haha so I just threw Jack-o'-lantern bucket in his mouth lol).

Pretty bad, but done!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 12:59:08 am by Eden »
  • Pride Flag - gay

PM me or check out my FA if you want to do a trade or commission me! Thanks!! <3

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2016, 05:27:33 am »
Nice job Eden! If you hadn't mentioned the mistake I wouldn't have known. The pose looks like it was drawn around the pumpkin in the first place.
I'm not sure if I'll jump in on this one later, maybe I'll just do some of the days and not all of them. I've had a lot of important stuff to take care of though.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Eden

• Just a sad little foxo!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox (The "r" is optional ;3)
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2016, 05:58:11 am »
Nice job Eden! If you hadn't mentioned the mistake I wouldn't have known. The pose looks like it was drawn around the pumpkin in the first place.
I'm not sure if I'll jump in on this one later, maybe I'll just do some of the days and not all of them. I've had a lot of important stuff to take care of though.

Aww thanks so much (I really ended up getting lucky that it worked out haha without the pumpkin there would've been way too much grey and there still is... It kinda looks terrible, plus the lighting doesn't make any sense, but I'm trying really hard to stop being so hypercritical of myself)!! :blush-fox: And I'm in the same spot as you there!  I'm gonna be really busy during the week, so I'm gonna have to try to find the time and do as many of these as I can :D.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 06:42:13 am by Eden »
  • Pride Flag - gay

PM me or check out my FA if you want to do a trade or commission me! Thanks!! <3