Author Topic: Pride Flag Codes  (Read 18798 times)

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • [icon by a friend named TheWildHyper on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
Re: Pride Flag Codes
« Reply #120 on: October 23, 2017, 07:49:29 pm »
Let me get this right-

Homoflexible means mostly gay basically right? I was kinda confused and might be mixing up heteroflexible and homoflexible...

I'm basically wanting mostly homosexual encounters but possiblity for heterosexual encounters.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave
If you want to message me on Discord send me a message/PM! Telegram and Twitter should be in my info on my page.

Offline Laila

• I'm gonna eat capitalism
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 198
  • b-baka uwu
    • DeviantArt - basilbaph
    • FurAffinity - basilbaph
  • Fursona Species: corgi
« Reply #121 on: October 24, 2017, 01:15:09 pm »
Let me get this right-

Homoflexible means mostly gay basically right? I was kinda confused and might be mixing up heteroflexible and homoflexible...

I'm basically wanting mostly homosexual encounters but possiblity for heterosexual encounters.
Yep! You're right c:
Homoflexible is being mostly homosexual but still being willing to have heterosexual activity- you're homo but flexible about it xP
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his (they/them for laila)

There he go
☀ I'll brush aside the dim to make way for the bright ☀
my mind 24/7

Offline Adadave

• INFP Personality~
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 68
  • [icon by a friend named TheWildHyper on dA]
    • DeviantArt - Adadave
    • Twitter - @AdadaveE
  • Fursona Species: A Fox with a werid mind
« Reply #122 on: October 24, 2017, 06:22:08 pm »
Let me get this right-

Yep! You're right c:
Homoflexible is being mostly homosexual but still being willing to have heterosexual activity- you're homo but flexible about it xP

Cool! Thanks!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pronouns: He/His/Him They/them

Reality is the things that, no matter how hard you try, won't cease to exist.
Plz don't be werid XP -> http://www.thiscrush.com/~adadave
If you want to message me on Discord send me a message/PM! Telegram and Twitter should be in my info on my page.

Offline Konba

• Sci-Fi writer!
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • Snouzwow! Whoah dude...
    • DeviantArt - gdog1102
  • Fursona Species: Wolverine
« Reply #123 on: December 12, 2017, 09:14:40 pm »
This isn't exactly a pride flag, but perhaps instead of straight pride, there can be an ally flag, so the individual can still represent their heterosexuality without the typical intentions of straight pride, and show support for the LGBT+ at the same time.

That might be something neat! Of course, it'd be up to the staff to decide if it were appropriate, but I've seen an ally flag in someone's signature around here (their name escapes me, apologies!!) but it could be helpful!
YES! This is a great compromise. I would add one immediately.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Seriously, wolverines are super uncommon fursonas.

Maybe I should change my fursona to a mitochondrion?

Online Taxi

• We can run on love
  • Cookies: 375
  • Art by Iowyena and Liannakai on DA!
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • Twitter - yellowcabdog
  • Fursona Species: Canine
« Reply #124 on: December 13, 2017, 01:42:12 pm »
This isn't exactly a pride flag, but perhaps instead of straight pride, there can be an ally flag, so the individual can still represent their heterosexuality without the typical intentions of straight pride, and show support for the LGBT+ at the same time.

That might be something neat! Of course, it'd be up to the staff to decide if it were appropriate, but I've seen an ally flag in someone's signature around here (their name escapes me, apologies!!) but it could be helpful!
YES! This is a great compromise. I would add one immediately.

Unfortunately, as Mystic said earlier, an ally flag would be quite complicated to implement.

As for an ally flag the staff have discussed implementing one previously and have currently decided not to. There's a couple reasons for this the main one being we like to assume everyone here is an ally and having someone purposely choose not to display the ally flag could lead to problems such as them getting bullied (which is something we absolutely don't want happening)
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Bumble

• ooooooooof
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • no, i'm not a bee unfortunately
    • DeviantArt - aftershockWave
    • Twitter - memorifulartist
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd Demon Hybrid
« Reply #125 on: December 19, 2017, 08:49:29 am »
would it be possible to add a lesbian flag? i'm aware there's already a gay one, but for specifically girls and women, could you guys possibly add a lesbian flag? thanks!
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

✦alyne/bumble
local lovesick demon

Offline California

• California Dream
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 854
  • Lesbian Kitty
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Leopard
« Reply #126 on: December 19, 2017, 12:46:41 pm »
would it be possible to add a lesbian flag? i'm aware there's already a gay one, but for specifically girls and women, could you guys possibly add a lesbian flag? thanks!
For sure !! I'll work on it today :lgbtheart:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - lesbian
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Mandee | Signature by Circuitslime

Offline Konba

• Sci-Fi writer!
  • Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - gdog1102
« Reply #127 on: December 19, 2017, 08:41:58 pm »
I'm not gay, so I hope I don't accidentally offend someone, but couldn't you just change the name of the gay pride flag to homosexual pride flag to be more gender neutral?
  • Flag - usa

Offline ★ Panda ★

• ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 636
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #128 on: December 19, 2017, 08:46:58 pm »
I'm not gay, so I hope I don't accidentally offend someone, but couldn't you just change the name of the gay pride flag to homosexual pride flag to be more gender neutral?

The gay pride flag is already gender neutral/representative of the LGBT community as a whole, but lesbian still has its own pride flag regardless  :fox-:):
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Konba

• Sci-Fi writer!
  • Orange Level
    • DeviantArt - gdog1102
« Reply #129 on: December 19, 2017, 08:49:59 pm »

The gay pride flag is already gender neutral/representative of the LGBT community as a whole, but lesbian still has its own pride flag regardless  :fox-:):

Oh, I see. Alrighty then! The more the merrier!
  • Flag - usa

Offline jello_magmortar

• not a borb, do not even start.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 74
  • drinking tea in a tree somewhere.
  • Fursona Species: bat/dragon mix
« Reply #130 on: March 25, 2018, 02:43:54 pm »
could there be a panromantic flag based off of this one?  https://pride-flags.deviantart.com/art/Panromantic-1-557589515
« Last Edit: March 25, 2018, 02:46:21 pm by jello_magmortar »
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - panromantic
  • Pronouns: he/him
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Kipekee Lesbington

• Hi I'm KipKip and I'm really really gay
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 157
  • I'm not even subtle
    • DeviantArt - KipekeeReddington
    • FurAffinity - FoxdogExpress
  • Fursona Species: Winged Foxdog
« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2018, 07:37:45 pm »
Is it possible you could add cupiosexual to the list? ;0
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/her
Fursonas: Kipekee Reddington, Tabbystar, Dani Tracy, & Bahari Maua

Art Dump | Literature Thread | Toyhouse (WIP) |ThisCrush |
Sarahah |

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • *insert straight pride flag here*
  • Fursona Species: Batdog
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2018, 05:07:38 pm »
Did you guys delete my post on this board?
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate."
-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Offline ★ Panda ★

• Administrator
« Reply #133 on: May 03, 2018, 05:09:02 pm »
Did you guys delete my post on this board?

Yes, its a discussion we don't need to continue having. If you don't like our policies on LGBT identities, you are free to leave.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #134 on: May 03, 2018, 05:13:39 pm »
Too bad other folks can’t see it
"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate."

Offline ★ Panda ★

• Administrator
« Reply #135 on: May 03, 2018, 05:16:25 pm »
Too bad other folks can’t see it

See what, exactly? We've had plenty of similar conversations in the past; if you go through the thread you can find some of them. We're just tired of having this same conversation over and over. We're an LGBT+ safe space, first and foremost. I'm sorry if you feel silenced because of this, but we won't be changing our policies nor getting rid of the pride flag fields.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #136 on: May 03, 2018, 05:18:45 pm »
Perhaps there’s a reason why you’re seeing the same conversation over and over. FT was supposed to be a welcoming place for all furries.

Offline Essie

• Where the fruit at?
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2018, 03:45:13 pm »
Let’s see if I can express my opinion in a way that will not be deleted.
Creating self-expression content for LGBT+ users while refusing to create similar self-expression content for straight users is hurtful and harmful because it communicates to those users that they are not as valuable and their needs will not be accommodated in this space.
In the past when users requested a straight flag, mods declined because it could be seen as harmful and may make some users uncomfortable because of the actions of the “straight pride” movement. An alternative, a straight ally flag, was offered but not considered since the mods said everyone should be an ally. I agree this should be a safe space for everyone, but I don’t see how an extra ally badge hurts anyone.
Another alternative would be creating a “straight furry” badge, perhaps a black and white paw print? Something like that would allow users to express that part of themselves without appearing harmful to others.
Repeatedly denied requests for inclusion have communicated that this space will not accommodate straight users as it does LGBT+ users. This sends a harmful message to young people as it widens rifts between straights and LGBT+’s. I mean no disrespect to LGBT+’s, and I am glad that you have been provided with self-expression content. I only ask for similar content for all FT users.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 03:59:36 pm by Essie »

Offline jello_magmortar

• not a borb, do not even start.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 74
  • drinking tea in a tree somewhere.
  • Fursona Species: bat/dragon mix
« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2018, 04:05:16 pm »
Let’s see if I can express my opinion in a way that will not be deleted.
Creating self-expression content for LGBT+ users while refusing to create similar self-expression content for straight users is hurtful and harmful because it communicates to those users that they are not as valuable and their needs will not be accommodated in this space.
In the past when users requested a straight flag, mods declined because it could be seen as harmful and may make some users uncomfortable because of the actions of the “straight pride” movement. An alternative, a straight ally flag, was offered but not considered since the mods said everyone should be an ally. I agree this should be a safe space for everyone, but I don’t see how an extra ally badge hurts anyone.
Another alternative would be creating a “straight furry” badge, perhaps a black and white paw print? Something like that would allow users to express that part of themselves without appearing harmful to others.
Repeatedly denied requests for inclusion have communicated that this space will not accommodate straight users as it does LGBT+ users. This sends a harmful message to young people as it widens rifts between straights and LGBT+’s. I mean no disrespect to LGBT+’s, and I am glad that you have been provided with self-expression content. I only ask for similar content for all FT users.

i must thank you for agreeing that furryteens should be a safe space for all, but not including a straight pride flag does not harm non lgbt+ users. it is not as if the forum is anti straight at all, and the main reason why there is no form of a straight pride flag is because people were never oppressed and harassed for being straight. there are also country flags that you can use to express yourself if you are not part of the lgbt+ community. i appreciate that you would like to think of everybody, but this is the main reason why.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:06:47 pm by pudding_electivire »
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - panromantic
  • Pronouns: he/him
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Online Alva

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Art by Donny
  • Fursona Species: Coyote
« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2018, 04:07:49 pm »
I don't mean to offend anyone, this is just my opinion on the matter.

I feel like I need to weigh in here about this discussion. I have considered myself straight for most of my life, I now consider myself bisexual, like many other furries. I feel like being straight is the norm irl, and "straight pride" isn't needed.

However, having been in the fandom for 2 years, I feel like being straight is a minority in the furry world. I feel that people should be treated equally whether straight or not. Though I'm LGBT, I don't feel like I should have better treatment than other furries.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
I promise I'm not that weird!