Author Topic: iOS 10  (Read 547 times)

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
iOS 10
« on: September 14, 2016, 10:20:26 pm »
For those of us who are Apple users, iOS 10 was released yesterday afternoon for iPhone 5 and iPad 4 and later. I wasn't able to install iOS 10 until this morning because the download was rather lengthy with my poor internet connection. I'm honestly not a huge fan of this update though, and I'd like to post my opinion on the new operating system. The largest issue I've encountered with iOS 10 is speed. The new operating system feels extremely slow for some reason and I often find it lagging behind, even making this post. The iPad I use is a 2013 model, so maybe it's more of a hardware issue than a software issue however, it showed little of these problems with iOS 9. A minor issue that I found was Apple's replacement of the classic slide motion used to unlock the device. Apple has instead converted to pressing the home button a second time because they decided to add slides to the unlock screen. I really wish there was an option to re-enable the slider, but there isn't. It just feels so unatural to double press the home button. Also, my last iPad had a malfunctioning home button which I'm afraid will happen to the iPad Air I use now. A malfunctioning home button would completely disable the device from getting past the lock screen. I've encountered an error with video playback as well. Videos often refuse to play at all. They'll play at first until they either need to buffer or are paused. Despite the video loading more, it simply refuses to play at all no matter what I try. I also found two other features missing that I miss greatly. I use my iPad for writing mainly, so it was really useful when the screen would automatically shift whenever the words began to reach the edge of the screen, allowing me to continue typing without having to swipe the device further. I guess this isn't issue for those who have good vision because you can simply zoom out, but being visually impaired, I have to zoom the text in so I can see it. Otherwise, I can't read or write or well at all. Another feature was in the keyboard, where the keyboard would automatically swith from the symbol keyboard back to the alphabet keyboard after you type a symbol, so you can continue typing after a comma or semicolon without the extra button press, I really wish Apple would add these features back and improve the performance and speed of iOS 10. The only good points I can make about iOS 10 is the system's more sleek and professional appearance. This update is absolutely atrocious though. What is your all's opinion on the new iOS 10 operating system? Also, does anyone perhaps know of ways to help me with the issues I've come across that may actually be fixable?
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Cookies: 276
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
Re: iOS 10
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 09:49:17 am »
Thanks so much for posting this topic! I heard IOS 10 was a bad idea, but I was about to get it anyways but my dad said no since it was bricking the phones. I feel so lucky that I didn't get it, I really hope your IOS issues are resolved :c
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 12:14:17 pm »
Hmm I see apple have screwed up something again o.O
Im on ipad 2 mini so i guess i cant update tho :l
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Mury

• We're damaged, badly damaged,
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • But that does not make us wise.
    • DeviantArt - peroxideprinces
    • My blog
  • Fursona Species: Angel Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 07:56:43 pm »
The only reason I'm not updating my phone is because it made a bunch of the emojis look uglier imo (also they replaced the gun emoji with a water pistol... just, a bright green water pistol in the middle of the emoji section with knives and bombs...) I really have no reason to update, since my phone has more than enough space and I can definitely go on with all of those unnecessary default apps I don't actually use. And yeah, after all of those points you made OP, I'm definitely not updating until either Apple forces me to or it becomes absolutely necessary for my phone to function. Or if they were to fix these issues, though if they did it would be just a slightly spiffier version of iOS 9. Tbh I just want my cool emojis back.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
DeviantArtTumblr
Take your tears, put 'em on ice,
Cause I swear, I'd burn the city down to show you the light

If I don't reply to you or take a very long time to do so, don't take it personally! I'm bad with words and people and socializing, so, uh, I don't really talk much when I don't feel like I need to. I'm really sorry!

Offline LANCIFROST

• Let's go!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 103
  • A' suh dudes!
    • DeviantArt - Spartan329
    • FurAffinity - LanceThyla
    • Twitter - Lancifur
    • Weasyl - Lance
    • My Tumblr.
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 08:11:47 pm »
I upgraded to iOS 10 a day or two ago now and have only had very minor issues with it. Phone is still just as quick as ever, save an occasional hang up that fixes itself in a moment or two. The bricking issue was fixed very quickly after the OS dropped. I recommend it overall. I use emojis so infrequently that the changes to them don't affect me at all.

As for your issues, they sound like they could be hardware issues. I'm running on a 5S and my keyboard switches back after a symbol and space(as it's always done). The other one though(progression of screen) I've never even seen mine do it on iOS9 but it looks like it was removed altogether.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - usa
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Fozz Poloski

• FT's official Polomage
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Icon Coloured By Mystic
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/Fozzy_Guy_YT
    • In Development...
  • Fursona Species: Huskint-Mint Themed Husky | Polo Husky
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2016, 07:25:58 pm »
iOS 10
Don't go there
Bad idea
Terrible
Win10 is better
But...
Android will always win
  • Flag - mincepie
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/Polo/It/They/Them
***May the polos be ever in your flavour***
If u ever want to talk I'm nearly always on Skype --> fozz.the.husky :lol-fox:
When you're trying to count and this happens...

Gaming Channel , Vlogging Channel , Furry Channel , Twitch Channel

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 828
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2016, 07:33:10 pm »
I haven't updated to IOS 10 yet, I have the last update before the 10 on both my phone and iPad but haven't put the 10 on them yet because of the glitches. I'll probably update it when they come out with the next version (like 10.1 not the 11 :fox-:P:). I don't use emojis much so I don't really care about that. But ever since I let my own phone get so outdated it was unusable I'm making sure I keep my newer devices up to date
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Fozz Poloski

• FT's official Polomage
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Icon Coloured By Mystic
    • Twitter - https://twitter.com/Fozzy_Guy_YT
    • In Development...
  • Fursona Species: Huskint-Mint Themed Husky | Polo Husky
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2016, 07:35:12 pm »
I haven't updated to IOS 10 yet, I have the last update before the 10 on both my phone and iPad but haven't put the 10 on them yet because of the glitches. I'll probably update it when they come out with the next version (like 10.1 not the 11 :fox-:P:). I don't use emojis much so I don't really care about that. But ever since I let my own phone get so outdated it was unusable I'm making sure I keep my newer devices up to date
Yes, good idea
Always wait for the x.1 builds as they will have a lot of the initial bugs fixed
  • Flag - mincepie
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/Polo/It/They/Them
***May the polos be ever in your flavour***
If u ever want to talk I'm nearly always on Skype --> fozz.the.husky :lol-fox:
When you're trying to count and this happens...

Gaming Channel , Vlogging Channel , Furry Channel , Twitch Channel

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Cookies: 276
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2016, 11:16:02 am »
I actually just got the update, I like it a lot. No problems so far.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline Festive Wrex

• *MLEM*
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 76
    • FurAffinity - pinkcloud
    • Twitter - MarcSCarless
  • Fursona Species: Sergal
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2016, 03:36:53 pm »
I updated my iPhone 5 to iOS 10 and its very very VERY slow, atleast on my phone
But i don't really care since i moved to android the day after I updated xP
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His or She/Her/Hers

FT's #1 Train Enthusiast
Icon by radio

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2016, 06:10:48 pm »
So far I have no issues but I just downloaded it about an hour ago. I mainly did it so I could have all of my apps up to date.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)

Offline Graham

• 50% moth, 50% man
  • Cookies: 72
  • 100% boyfriend material
  • Fursona Species: Death's Head Moth
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2016, 03:57:10 pm »
iOS 10 is awful. It's slow and hard to figure out. There are a few good quirks, like lifting the phone quickly may cause it to turn on, but nothing else I can think of offhand.
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Icon by tsukiko26