Author Topic: Short stories and stuff  (Read 385 times)

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 109
  • Boop
Short stories and stuff
« on: September 15, 2016, 01:16:44 pm »
Part-1

She felt cold, as if she was frozen in a blizzard. Her senses were numb as she felt her legs being dragged across the cold hard ground. She tried opening her eyes, but the light was too bright, and she realized she wasn't breathing. 'Deep breaths' She thought to herself as she finally felt blood coursing through her veins, noticing voices spoken by the people dragging her.

"-survived a dir- rocket, I mea- don't kno- keep her in cryostasis." The first one spoke, male on her right. Another voice spoke, this one to her left, also male "Remember when tried to break her?" 'Remember' Her name is, she can't remember her name. "They said even the general himself gave up, that's why she's frozen, left to be forgotten" The one on the right spoke again"Yeah forgotten until the decided it's a good idea to give her to doctor like a play thing. To be honest I kinda pity her." "Pity her? Tell that to the families she broke, she's a monster" She straightened her fingers and clenched her fist the moment that word was spoken, the relaxed to avoid suspicion, she wondered why. "You would do the same if you were hunted because you had some ability that nobody else had" They stop talking as the rhythmic thudding of boots approached them, a military?

None of them dared speak until the sound faded away, then the one on the left spoke "You better watch your tongue in here, we're not paid to have opinions, last person who spoke their mind to one of the higher ups? Nobody seen him ever since. Besides, who wouldn't even see her as something capable of emotion once you heard of what happened in the interrogation room" "You know I'm not one for rumors, most of them are just made up" She felt herself sharply pulled to the right and felt them let go of her, their voices became inaudible. Knowing that they're distracted, she tested her muscles, starting for her fingers and toes, slowly working up to her arms and legs, she could move, run not so much. Might still need time to recover, so she continued playing dead for now

They came back about five minutes later, lifted her up and continued moving her again. "Almost there, remember, keep your face neutral, open the door, shove her in, close the door, and walk away. Don't give the doctor anytime to examine you, you'll regret it" "This doesn't feel right" "I know it doesn't feel right, but remember what I told you?" 'Remember' She felt what seems like a fragment of a memory, a reminder. "The only words she muttered when they tortured her was-" She opened her mouth, and without her knowing, words flowed out. "I don't die so easily"

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
Synesthesia
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 11:50:57 am »
Part 2

"Another day in the city" The boy thought to him self as he locked the door to his apartment, phone in hand while the ear phone cords dangled messily. His left hand flipped through the playlists as he walked towards the elevator, right hand untangling the mess of wires that he was sure he straightened out before leaving home.

'DING!' The elevator was here, the boy stepped in while plugging one of the earphones into his ear while adjusting the volume, looking for the right area where it is enjoyable but not too distracting from the real world. The doors closed as he clicked play, a frenzy of colours danced in front of his eyes, too loud. Hastily he pulled out his ear plugs and put the song on pause. "Maybe a little lower" he thought and turned it down to something that won't hurt his ears then begin adjusting once more. A little higher... Too much... Lower...

'DING!' The elevator stopped, crimson sunshine pouring in, the pillars casting shadows onto the weathered gray walls that surround him. Taking a deep breath as he stepped out, he hit play, the once colourless walls, now painted with ever changing hues of blue and green.

The road to the bus stop was uneventful, minus the constant rapid changing of colours, which was alright, this wasn't exactly a friendly neighbourhood. Feeling sleep catching up to him, he yawned, colours still danced as his eyes closed, not surprising as he was used to it since he was a kid. The bus was late today, he knows this because he arrived five minutes early and waited for twenty already. He couldn't have missed it, could he?

Thirty minutes later. The bus isn't here yet. He sighed before noticing that today's traffic has been awfully... Silent? Not a single car passed by today where there would be occasional six or maybe seven. He blinked as orange flickered at the edge of his sight, speak of the devil? A jeep drove by. A jeep. Not one of those fancy cars that normally used this area for questionable transactions. But a jeep. He kept looking at it as drove down the road, the colour red disappearing as the voice faded away. Only to reappear once again in his peripheral vision along with hues of orange. He pulled of his earphones, then realized that someone was blaring music, S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W. A warning.

He bolted. Opened a sewer grate. Jumped in. And hoped for the best as he held back his urge to throw up. Following markings that would lead him out of the city.

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
Re: Short stories and stuff
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2016, 10:28:13 am »
"Hey driver, how long till we're there. Storm's brewing" The rabbit yelled against the wind as the caravan continued their journey through the sandy wasteland, sand already collecting on her scarf and goggles. "In this weather? I'd say we'll have to expect delays by a day or two. No need to worry though, we've got enough food and water for everyone" Her concerns weren't food or water, she heard rumours that they were running low on fuel, and without fuel the whole caravan would be nothing but chunks of metal that will be swallowed by the dunes in a mere six hours.

But they wouldn't let her help anyway, so she sat under christmas lights and eyed today's meal. Some sort of bread served along with yellow gravy, they call it roti? She's not hungry enough to eat it. Pondering what to do, she looked at the humanoid machine on her right, sand isn't kind to gears and cogs, at least rust can be warded by a healthy layer of oil. Whoever created had an unusual taste for design, most would give their creations glass eyes to hide the machine and bring them to life. Yet this one had a clear window to it's very soul, the intricate combination of gold and brass that spins to stay alive. She wiped the dust off the lense and tried to imagine what it once looked like, wondered what kind of person lives inside this shell. Winding the key stuck to it's back, she gave herself a smile. She can fix him, she just has to find out how.

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Cookies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 07:58:25 pm »
Whew! You sure have writing skills! Keep it up xD
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 12:49:19 pm »
"Soft served ice cream, 25 cents for ingredient, sold at 5 dollars. profit of approximately 16 times. Glass of water, completely free, sold at 2 dollars. This steak-" The purple wolf's analysis was interrupted by his companion on the other side of the table. "Okay, I get it, just stop at the steak part! Most people aren't comfortable with lab grown meat." The fox exclaimed and eyed her glass of water. "You're not just here to talk about how overpriced the food is and ruin my business are you? What are you doing here."

"There's life beyond the city walls" Lowering his voice as a couple passed by, he kept his gaze on the fox as his ears twitched, trying to listen for anyone that might be eavesdropping on them "I'm sorry but I could've sworn that I heard you say 'There's life beyond the city walls'" The fox replied while lifting the cup to her mouth before looking back at the wolf. "Also, you didn't poison this right? I'm allergic to poison, same way you are to bullets"

"I'm serious! There's a chance that your partner might be-"

"Yes! Yes! Life beyond the walls! Duke Ren proposes we open our utopian gates to mortality once more! Beautiful! I can see it in the headlines!" The fox makes a sarcastic gesture while looking for a reaction. Seeing that that won't happen, she fell back in her seat and sighed "For real though Ren, you're a politician, nobody believes you. Not even me ever since you decided it was a good idea to send the only other person I trust to seal their own fate under a few mountains worth of sand looking for something that we don't even know exists or not." Done with her speech, she rose to walk away before pausing "Anyway, I have an overpriced business to run, in case you haven't noticed. Don't worry about paying for the meal, it's on the house for today" leaving without giving Ren a chance to speak
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 12:53:55 pm by Placeholder »

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 12:55:25 pm »

Thanks for the feedback! And don't be shy if you think it could be improved in any way at all!

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 09:23:55 am »
"This is a bad idea" The mouse commented on its situation while trying to keep his tail as dry as possible. "Well at least it's no longer an idea now that you're doing it. Besides, I thought rodents feel right at home in the sewers" He turned his head to see a short red wolf, no older than thirteen wearing a black hoodie... Staring into the distance? Whatever his eyes are focused on definitely isn't right in front of him. "Well, you're not the one with a fragile sign stitched to the back of his neck" He countered and started going down the path mapped for emergencies. They walked in silence for sometime, the systematic drip and occasional thunder of footsteps coming from above the only thing accompanying them.

"Nice weather huh?" The wolf broke the silence, an earphone in his left ear, eyes still far off into the distance. "I don't think that's relevant right now" The answered and they had another moment of silence. Drip. Drip. Drip. "What's the point of doing something if the only reason to do it is because it's relevant. I mean, doesn't that make life a bunch of tasks that you have to complete in a day just so you can move on to the next?" The wolf spoke again, and then silence. Drip. Drip. Drip. "You know that where I come from, emotion is regarded as a malfunction in the system right?" He replied and noticed that the wolf actually turned to focus him, in shock more than anything else.

"You're one of runaway AIs" The wolf said after a deep breath and a gasp. "Yup" The mouse answered and walked on, noticing the wolfs gaze looking inward now. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip. Drip...

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2016, 10:42:50 am »
Stores closed as sand and dust began to cover up the orange glow of lightbulbs faded, at the same time, people started scurrying for shelter. A hooded figure slinked through the bazaar, moving against a river of people. Long sleeved clothes covered up tattoos that adorned her fur, while cast down eyes did their best to avoid attention. Shouting could be heard as people poured into the streets from factories that once served as work places. Machines groaned as they are put to rest. The town that never slept went quiet for the first time.

The hooded figure was alone now, amongst goods that were too late to save. She might lose her life here, but still a promise is a promise. She'll see to it that it is fulfilled.

It wasn't long before sand covered her shoes, she shook them off before they could get it. Three more minutes, and then she'll go home, she told herself. But even though the clock ticked ten, twelve, fifteen, she didn't budge. She wasn't one to break promises anyway. Lights now poured out of windows, kind hearted people screamed for her to go indoors, but none succeeded in moving her. They stopped after awhile, she didn't blame them.

Thirty, thirty five, ninety. Finally a light in the distance, no multiple of them, a caravan was coming, her shoulders lifted as she brushed of sand that clung to her clothes. It didn't take long for her expression to change however. There was a faint pop, and a lot of screaming, an emergency. Grunting, she ran into the storm, she never liked this part of the job
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 10:47:08 am by Elliot Slye »

Offline Count Faithfull

• Just a cute Tiger
  • Cookies: 332
  • Sushi is mana from Heaven.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 10:44:58 am »

Thanks for the feedback! And don't be shy if you think it could be improved in any way at all!
I'm just content to read it xD But if I find anything I think worthy to mention, I will ^^
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon by Serana <3
⥿

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2016, 11:31:35 am »
The first thing that she noticed was the crackling, the sound of trees snapping around her. The next was the heat, which could just mean it's just a hotter day in the desert. The third, the one that made her jolt out of bed, the smell of smoke. Her eyes grew wide, screams ahead. Throwing herself out, she grabbed the mechanical person and kicked at the hinges of the door. SNAP!

A carriage was on fire, the flames devouring every inch of it, the metal roof already melting under the heat. People were outside, trying to douse the flame with water, but their plan back fired as it grew stronger. An oil fire "DECOUPLE THE CARRIAGE" She yelled as she set the machine down, and ran to the crowd. "SOMEBODY GET AN AXE" She yelled but nobody listened to her, they were still trying to put the fire out, idiots. The wooden planks shook and she stumbled, her back hitting the railings as the caravan swerved to the side. BOOM! Her ears were ringging, she steeled herself and pulled herself up to look at what happened. The carriage exploded, fire started spreading, her eyes were blurry and suddenly she couldn't see, hear, smell or feel anything at all.

Is this death?

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2016, 07:49:34 am »
"The taste of blood, it's murder, was it worth it?" The alarms were screaming to the heavens if such a concept existed "Well, I've always practiced a zero interference policy, so them blowing holes into my lab is a sign of purposeful invasion." His fingers glided across the keyboard while strings of macroed commands kept popping up on the console. "This is your fault, you chose this path" BOOM! Explosions echoed and the walls shook, dust fell on his labcoat as he did his best to finish up his work. "As much as I like to debate moral issues with an artificial intelligence, this is not the time for that" BOOM! Another explosion. This time the explosion sent him hurtling to the ground. "Just a few more strings. Caroline, prepare the chair."

A chair lowered while he finished the code. BOOM! The blast proof doors dented. He took a quick look and hit enter. He looked at his room, he definitely will miss this place. Taking a deep breath, he looked at the leather chair and took a seat, the last time he might sit there. Teside him was a record player, an old piece of banned technology that was supposedly 'distracting human effectivity'. BOOM! The door budged at the hinges while he hit the play button, an old symphony from Beethoven that he found somewhere on the deep web started playing. He closed his eyes.

"I'm ready for this" he assured himself and smiled as a heavy thud and metallic footsteps interrupted the song.

Meanwhile, in Liberty City, every single speaker blared music while the people watched in awe. And one of those was a new Dr Wolfenstein, in place of the one who died in an explosion that he could see from his apartment

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 10:40:44 am »
Click, scruuuunch... Crack. The wolf pulled out her loose teeth as she eyed the... Thing in front of her. Chimera? She's not so sure. Her tank top was in shreds and her jeans might as well be shorts "Whatever the fuck you are" She paused to spit out some blood, another teeth came out. "I respect your skill, most times I'd ask a worthy opponet for some advice to improve myself" she gazed at the arched ceiling, resting against the wall  as the thing growled at her, its red eyes like hot coals, burning into her. She didn't care, it wasn't moving without any legs, what scared her was its inability to feel pain. "But you crossed the line this time, taking out someone I cared for?" Using her baseball bat as a crutch, she took a deep breath and did her best to stand up, scars lining up on her stomach as she did so. "You crossed the line." She limped her way towards the beast, watching as it roared at her, daggers of teeth fit for a king's armory, raised her baseball bat, and slammed it down its throat. Squench... Squench... Squench... The voice echoed as she fell to the ground, bloody, bruised, scarred, almost disemboweled. But most of all, tired. A quick nap would be nice

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2017, 12:54:21 pm »
Sirens wailed, the walls were painted with streaks of blue and red. The megaphone blared out with an echoeing voice "This is the police, put your hands in the air and step out of the building" But the doorway was empty. Screech, clack, clop. A car came, a german shephered came out, cigar in his mouth. "What's going on here?" he demaned the answer from a nearby police officer. "There's a... thing inside, incapitated half our men. Anyone who got close seemed to be in agony" The inspector growled and grabbed onto the officer's vest, pulling him close "Details, I need details, what does it want, what can it do." His teeth were bared and the only thing the officer could do was shudder. The German shepherd released a breath he didn't know he held. "Take a break, I'll go see what I can do"

CLICK                                                                     CLICK                                                                                  CLICK

CLICK                                                                                             CLICK                                                 CLICK

Everyones sights were in the door way as a hooded figure stepped out. Safety was off, fingers were on the trigger, the inspector felt the adrenaline in his blood. A gray wolf stood in the concrete doorway, ones that he thought were wood. The wolf's mouth moved but no voice came, the inspector noticed something off. The grey was unnatural, it looked washed off colour, it looked it... It was spreading? The officers in front seemed devoid of colour as the looked around in panic before screaming uncontrollably, an ear piercing cry that cut through the veil of the night.

RAT A TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAT
CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK CLINK

Silence

Then more screaming. The girl could be seen curled up, sobbing, as the world turned to grey, colours gone. The officers started running, those who couldn't escape screamed. The inspector watched, petrified as he saw the border of insanity approach him. He held his hands up to shield himself, and felt nothing.

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Boop
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2017, 12:34:36 pm »
I dream of grasses gold
Where the sky is purple
Where the fireflies glow

I picture a moon so blue
I kept hoping this world is true