Author Topic: I posted a request for some art. If someone does draw it how do I get it?  (Read 228 times)

Offline Athib

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
    • FurAffinity - Athib
  • Fursona Species: Brown fox/Deer
I left a request on the request post and if someone actually draws my sona', how will i be able to get it. Will they just leave a reply or something or pm me or something like that
  • Pride Flag - graysexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
Saying that you handle transactions for a multi-billion dollar company sounds a lot better than saying you are a cashier at McDonald's

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
Re: I posted a request for some art. If someone does draw it how do I get it?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 01:15:37 am »
Generally, yes, they will reply and/or message you. Don't worry about that too much. Unfortunately, the general trend is that there are a lot more requests than artists with spare time to draw them, so you may not get someone to take your request. Perhaps if you save a few dollars you could get a commission done- many artists on deviantart or furaffinity will do icons or basic sketches for low rates. Do your research. Also consider coloring in a free-to-use lineart of your character- there are lots of them listed here.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Online Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: I posted a request for some art. If someone does draw it how do I get it?
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 08:55:39 am »
Vlads correct, someone will most likely pm you the finished piece (though they may ocassionly reply directly to the request thread). But like Vlad said the request thread runs pretty slowly so it may be a bit before someone chooses your request. Saving some money for a comission and/or colouring in some free lineart is a great idea. Also sometimes artists offer free art in other threads so you can keep an eye out for those, right now I'm offering free Halloween themed icons and if you like them you can request one on the thread (no ref required, text descriptions are perfectly ok)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet