Author Topic: How do I tell my parents I want to get some art of my fursona  (Read 304 times)

Offline Athib

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
    • FurAffinity - Athib
  • Fursona Species: Brown fox/Deer
How do I tell my parents I want to get some art of my fursona
« on: September 17, 2016, 05:54:43 pm »
I want to get some art by an artist on a site but how should I ask for them to pay for it. I don't have a credit card. I haven't even told them I'm a furry.
  • Pride Flag - graysexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
Saying that you handle transactions for a multi-billion dollar company sounds a lot better than saying you are a cashier at McDonald's

Offline Codename fox

• The grey and green folf of Dayz exile
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 30
  • attempts to help others
    • FurAffinity - Codename Fox
  • Fursona Species: green and grey Arctic folf
Re: How do I tell my parents I want to get some art of my fursona
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2016, 06:02:46 pm »
You don't have to tell them your a furry, just go up and ask them to buy it for you cos you like the syle of art! And do t make it awkward, they'll just get suspicious. Make it no big deal and you'll be good :)
  • Pronouns: Male: he/him/his
Enjoy life's great fun moments at their best. Or you'll only see moments as their worst.

-Codename fox, Arcturus

profile pic by MasterDaye !

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2016, 06:04:14 pm »
I recommend saving up enough for the art piece you want first, you could try walking dogs or babysitting etc to earn this money (I get all the money I spend on comissions from babysitting, it pays well). Once you get the money saved up you can explain the fandom to them and explain that you're wanting to purchase some custome art of your character with the money you earned

Alternatively if you have an older sibling, cousin etc who's over the age of 18 that you feel more comfortable telling about your interest in the fandom you can ask them to use their PayPal and then use those prepaid Visa/MasterCard etc gift cards to pay for the art. I used to use my older cousins PayPal until I turned 18 myself because I didn't want to tell my parents :$
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline CatIsReal

• Halfway terrible artist
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • When things are scary, eat them.
  • Fursona Species: Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2016, 03:38:02 am »
Simple; you don't. That's reckless and very risky. I personally have a PayPal card, but it's always monitored. If you can convince them to let you have your own credit card, make it seem like your purchasing something unimportant, and you have laid back parents, I think it's somewhat feasible. If you REALLY want it, try asking your parents what a furry is, and see if they know it. If they have a bad opinion in it, you're pretty much screwed. If they don't know what it is, there is hope for the art you want to buy. Good luck.
  • Pronouns: It/It's
"I just can't seem to get the hair right..." -Me, every day of my life.