Author Topic: FurryTeens' Inbox Cleanup Day?  (Read 275 times)

Offline Hieroglyph

• Vilous nerd
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 123
  • Fantasy > Reality
  • Fursona Species: Artificially-created creature/monster
FurryTeens' Inbox Cleanup Day?
« on: September 18, 2016, 01:29:05 pm »
I think it would be interesting to have a certain day of the year on FT to encourage others to clean out their PMs. I think I read somewhere in one of the mods' posts that PMs take up a lot of space on the site. It would be really beneficial for everyone if we all took one day to clean out our PMs a little.  :fox-:):

Of course, this isn't necessary, but I thought it would be a little fun/helpful to suggest.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - polysexual
  • Pride Flag - nonmonogamous
  • Pronouns: He/him or they/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

[ xNxP - 4w5 or 5w4 - Shapeshifterkin - Agnostic - Pescetarian ]
Icon does not belong to me

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
Re: FurryTeens' Inbox Cleanup Day?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2016, 03:12:09 pm »
I think this could be a cool idea as I'm sure there's members (such as myself) who often forget to clean out their inboxes and this would help remind them. I'm not sure how this would necessarily work as a day/event but as part of the news bar rotation it could be good
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Avø Salt

• angry woofer
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Gimme your lunch money, nerd.
    • DeviantArt - Ay-Avo
    • FurAffinity - AyAvo
  • Fursona Species: Husky x German Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2016, 05:12:28 pm »
The only problem I see with this is the inactive members of the site. Somebody who hasn't been on FT in forever probably has some PM's piled up on their account. Would we just disregard those guys?

I feel like something (and this is a big if) that would be nice is a system where messages automatically delete after a certain amount of time, unless you check a box or something that prevents the message from being deleted when its time is up.
Robbie Rotten is my daddy
https://www.gofundme.com/2tm9tqk go help him plz

Offline Adrian the Goat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 37
  • Fursona Species: Goat
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 11:41:27 pm »
I think it would be a good idea for some of the moderators to clear the inboxes of some of the inactive members. Most of the data they speak of being used is from the inactive members whose messages have accumulated from being away or the extremely popular members. I rarely ever recieve messages on here, and when I do, the conversation always comes to a halt because they don't want to talk to me anymore. I simply delete my messages after I respond to them so I don't have to worry about them taking up space when I do recieve such a rarity. I know we also have a data limit on everyone's inbox which corresponds to that user's rank. As I said, it's probably more from the innactive members because the sending of data from regular users seems to be regulated really well. I'm not a moderator however, so I don't see the statistics they see.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Eden

• Just a sad little foxo!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox (The "r" is optional ;3)
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 10:26:53 pm »
I think it'd be too much work for the mods to clear up the inboxes of inactive members... I think the best way would to make it so messages delete after 30 days or something that way the innactive members wouldn't be taking so much space (if they even are heh idk) and that should be plenty of time to read messages for active members and it'll get rid of messages just sitting in their inboxes.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

PM me or check out my FA if you want to do a trade or commission me! Thanks!! <3