Author Topic: Eden's sad little art dump!  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Eden

• Just a sad little foxo!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox (The "r" is optional ;3)
Eden's sad little art dump!
« on: September 20, 2016, 12:47:06 am »
Hello everyone!  I've been wanting to post some of my art on here for a while but I've been kinda nervous heh, so I finally convinced myself that I should post some of my art so here it is!  For some reason I like only ever do headshots so I'm gonna try to do more full bodies ^ - ^ some of these are kinda old but the ones by the bottom are the newest ones, I know I'm pretty bad but I'm tryin' to get better :fox-:): so thanks for reading!! 

------------------------------------------------------------

This one is really old!  This was when I was making my current fursona Eden!

This is a drawing of Eden that I did with a skull on his face? Lol not sure how to describe it other than that haha :fox-:P:

I did this for a friend of mine, he wanted an otter so I made this for him!

This is my current avatar just a bit bigger!  It's also my desktop background so the image is quite big!!

This is a marten character I'm working on!  This ones still a WIP but I'm pretty happy with him so far  :lol-fox:

------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks so much for your time!  :fox-;):  If you have any suggestions/critiques/requests I'd love to hear them (I'm lonely  :fox-:P:).  I know my style is pretty cartoony, and I'm not sure if I'm very happy with it, but I'll find a style I'm really happy with eventually... hopefully!  Heh thanks again!!
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

PM me or check out my FA if you want to do a trade or commission me! Thanks!! <3

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
Re: Eden's sad little art dump!
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 01:25:24 am »
Wow, you call that "pretty bad"? I think you need to see something I've drawn and re-evaluate!  :fox-:P:

Seriously though, that's some really clean work you have, especially with the more recent ones. I love your color choices, you have a good eye for palette. And you do a nice job using relatively sparse linework to create characters with a good amount of depth and apparent complexity. I would put your style on the realistic side of the 'toony' spectrum- it's like you start out with the basic ideas of a more cartoonish style and then make them less toony and more detailed as you go. Or I'm completely evaluating wrong, but whatever you're doing works really well! I can't wait to see more from you, especially as you expand into some full-body art. Keep up the good work!
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 248
  • I don't bite...hard
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Pig of somesort
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 02:05:02 am »
Your art don't look bad at all! and you have a pretty cute style going on and I like your sonas design too! I also really really like that skull you did X3
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 10:46:26 pm »
Wow, you call that "pretty bad"? I think you need to see something I've drawn and re-evaluate!  :fox-:P:

Seriously though, that's some really clean work you have, especially with the more recent ones. I love your color choices, you have a good eye for palette. And you do a nice job using relatively sparse linework to create characters with a good amount of depth and apparent complexity. I would put your style on the realistic side of the 'toony' spectrum- it's like you start out with the basic ideas of a more cartoonish style and then make them less toony and more detailed as you go. Or I'm completely evaluating wrong, but whatever you're doing works really well! I can't wait to see more from you, especially as you expand into some full-body art. Keep up the good work!

Aww hehe thanks so much!!  I think you're right about the toony thing... The thing that I really want to work on is my fur.  I feel like my fur looks super flat, so I've been experimenting with textures and shading, and stuff but I still cant seem to get it haha.  And we'll just have to see what happens when I draw full bodies :fox-;): hopefully they turn out ok but I'm a bit nervous lol.

Your art don't look bad at all! and you have a pretty cute style going on and I like your sonas design too! I also really really like that skull you did X3

Thanks!! :blush-fox:  I like love skulls haha idk I just think they're super cool heh, and I need a real ref sheet for my sona! Because I'd kinda like to get art of him ^ - ^ buuuut I've only ever drawn his face heh so that's kinda the next thing I'm gonna work on.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 02:07:03 am by Eden »
  • Pride Flag - gay

PM me or check out my FA if you want to do a trade or commission me! Thanks!! <3

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 278
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 10:25:29 am »
Your art is amazing!! I love your style, it's not bad at all!
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2016, 01:05:39 am »
Your art is amazing!! I love your style, it's not bad at all!

Heh thanks so much!!

I really should be doing my math homework right now, but I just wanted to draw haha it was one of those days... so here's a quick little doggo I drew today ^ - ^

• Pride Flag - gay

Offline Ti'Nari

• Talking to angels and counting the stars
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • Making a wish on a passing car
  • Fursona Species: yes.
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2016, 01:08:20 am »
The only thing sad about this is that you don't give yourself any credit for how great these are! That piece with the skull looks darn near flawless and your expressions are amazing!
  • Pronouns: they/theirs/them

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2016, 03:03:08 pm »
The only thing sad about this is that you don't give yourself any credit for how great these are! That piece with the skull looks darn near flawless and your expressions are amazing!

Thanks!  You guys have no idea how much all of your compliments mean to me :blush-fox: they honestly make me so happy ^ - ^ you guys are all amazing!!
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 08:32:46 pm »
Hey everyone! I've been super busy with school lately and I haven't really gotten much time to draw, but I just finished a piece!!  It's a full body and it looks pretty awkward, but it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it would lol I had a different idea for the pose but I gave up on the hand  :fox-:P: it looks kinda unnatural but I'm still pretty happy with it... Anyways here he is

The left hoof is kind of atrocious and the jeans need work, but I don't have the will to change it right now  :fox-;):
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 07:28:39 pm »
Hey, that's pretty good!
Seriously though, that's a great job. Sure it's not perfect and you noticed some of your own mistakes but as a non-art-trained person I wouldn't have guessed you were new to drawing full body stuff. I think the pose is fine, makes him look a little shy. You already caught most of your mistakes yourself, which is great. The one thing I'll say is it looks like he's holding his head back pretty far, so his nose is even with his chest. Not sure if that was intentional, it does fit the pose well enough, but it stood out to me. Nice work!
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 11:12:22 pm »
Hey everyone!!  I just wanted to show you guys what I've been working on lately :lol-fox: I've been messing with new styles, and stuff I've never really used colored pencils before, so I'm not very good yet... It needs to be gone over again but it looks ok so far.  I'm trying to do more traditional stuff.   

Excuse my pant leg <3

Now this guy... I just want it to be winter already so I can draw more reindeer :fox-;):  Anyways, I've been practicing poses and stuff a lot recently and I really liked this one, so I decided to finish it!  And I needed to draw an actually ok deer after my last crappy one hehe.  My friend told me I should add a muzzle, but I think I might've gotten a bit carried away with everything :blush-fox:  haha.

Here he is without the harness and muzzle.

• Pride Flag - gay

Offline Red Velvet

• Cake Dragon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 273
  • It's peppermint season!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 11:50:26 pm »
the reindeer is really well rendered, amazing job! good anatomy too
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Flight Rising
♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello!

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2016, 11:56:29 pm »
the reindeer is really well rendered, amazing job! good anatomy too

Thanks! ^ - ^
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 08:04:48 pm »
Wow! Great job on the reindeer- very significant improvements in a short period, you must be practicing a lot! The pencil portrait you did is awesome too, it has a very striking expression. I really like your art style. Keep up the good work! :fox-:):
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2016, 05:48:13 pm »
Finally decided it was time to make a signature :lol-fox:  I don't make much pixel art, but I've been feeling really exhausted creatively so I thought this would be something fun and easy to do to get me back into it!!  So here's a really fluffy Eden :3

Also, I'd love to do an art trade if anyone's interested PM me! Thanks!!
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Aoki

• Snow Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • Merry Chrysler
  • Fursona Species: Batroo (bat + kangaroo)
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 09:33:02 pm »
You have a really nice style! You also have a good understanding of colors! Your proportions are nice too!
I'd love to art trade
I'll pm you when I fix my computer (mouse cursor won't work so can't draw without that)
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2016, 10:58:27 pm »
You have a really nice style! You also have a good understanding of colors! Your proportions are nice too!
I'd love to art trade
I'll pm you when I fix my computer (mouse cursor won't work so can't draw without that)

Awesome sounds good! ^ - ^ I'm super excited hehe
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 07:07:38 pm »
Hello!! I'm alive heh haven't had a lot of time to do art, and haven't really made anything I'm proud of lately so I've just been lurking.  But I really wanted to share this! I finally decided I'm going to make a ref sheet for my fursona Eden :lol-fox: it's still a WIP but most of the drawing is done, it just needs work with the notes, and text etc.  I had no idea it was going to be this hard to make a reference sheet from scratch lol but I'm doing my best!!

I might've made it too small... it's 2750x4000 which is kind of an odd size but idk if I should've made it bigger?  If anyone here has a real ref sheet how big is it?

EDIT: OMG it's huge nvm haha I uploaded a more reasonable size heh (I was lazy and did it on Imgur so I'm sorry if it lost resolution) but I'm still curious to how big your guys' ref sheets are?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 07:23:05 pm by Eden »
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Eden

• Yellow Level
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2016, 07:16:56 pm »
Hey everyone I'm alive!!  Lol these last few weeks (months even) have been really busy for me :P I've been lurking around, but I haven't posted in quite a while so I thought I'd share what I'm working on right now. :lol-fox:  This is just a WIP, but if you guys didn't know the teaser trailer for Guardians of The Galaxy 2 just came out and I am so excited for the movie if you couldn't tell already!  Still needs a lot of work but here's Rocket so far ^ - ^

It lost a ton of quality but what can you do...
  • Pride Flag - gay

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2016, 08:21:00 pm »
Wow that is good. I love the more muted tone and colors you used. Fantastic job, I hope to see it finished! Speaking of which, did you ever finish that ref sheet? It's pretty cool.

It's great to see you back around too, feel free to post in some other threads. Hope things are going well!
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual