Author Topic: Review - "Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge"  (Read 177 times)

Offline Spike (Kurozilla)

• icon by •Sparrow• on Furry Amino
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Godzilla's fluffy son
    • FurAffinity - sleeqyash
  • Fursona Species: Kaiju
Review - "Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge"
« on: October 02, 2016, 11:19:46 pm »
I rated this previously in "rate the last TV show you watched" but i have so much to say about this that I decided to post a full review.

Ok..so this is an anime. And wow, do I love it. Unfortunately, it only has 12 episodes, which makes me sad. So what's it about? Well it's all in the title. "Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge" literally means "Tanaka-kun is Always Listless" so you'd probably get the idea. Its a very funny, and occasionally very cute series. Every character is well developed, likable, and unique. So let's talk about the characters.

There's the titular Tanaka, who values sleep above just about everything. His sometimes odd behavior is hilarious. He's even too lazy to walk from place to place, so he gets carried everywhere by his friend Ohta. Ohta is probably the exact opposite of Tanaka. He's strong, hardworking, and helpful. He has been described by Tanaka as an "ideal wife". Their friendship works in a weird way. There's also Miyano, who is an energetic classmate of theirs, and she's...short. And she's pretty adorable, even when she's mad. Echizen is usually seen with Miyano, and she is a delinquent. In her debut episode she tries to fight Tanaka, who declines and shows no problem with losing, frustrating her. She also loves cute things, which is ironic. Then there's Shiraishi, who starts off as your average popular, pretty classmate, until it's revealed that she's a huge nerd who doesn't want others to see her that way. She develops a crush on Tanaka due to a misunderstanding, and chases after him for the remainder of the series.

The humor in this show is outstanding. For example, Tanaka is too lazy to use an umbrella, so he stands outside in the rain hoping he'd evolve and develop a natural "rain barrier", or when he wants a certain toy from a fast food place and they run out, leaving the employee to think Tanaka and Ohta are out to get revenge on her. It's something you could watch right after something like Attack on Titan, because it's relaxing and will take your mind off of any depressing scenes. I'd give it an 8/10. Would I recommend? Absolutely.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: any (preferred: she/her/hers)
-----------------------------------------
You're awesome. Don't forget that.
Now, I'm off to destroy a couple cities and roar at people. (Insert Gojira screech)