Author Topic: Vlad's Variegated Ventures (of the Artistic Variety)  (Read 424 times)

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
Vlad's Variegated Ventures (of the Artistic Variety)
« on: October 04, 2016, 05:01:02 pm »
Hello, and welcome to my thread!

I figured it was about time I set up a little spot to collect my creative efforts in one place for people to look at them. I'm no whiz at some of the more conventional art forms, but I do make a lot of interesting things that are artistic and/or creative, so expect to see a lot of different stuff! I do a lot of work on physical objects, so photos will have to suffice for showing some things. I'm getting better at my photography too though.

First off, I need to open the thread with something, so below you'll find some of my previous work! Expect updates to pop up with irregularity. I'm almost always working on something or other, so when I have something I can share I'll probably put it here. I'm trying to spend a bit more of my time working on projects that are creative or interesting over just things that are practical or profitable, because the creative stuff is usually lots of fun! And that's important.

If you ever have any questions about any of my work, how I did something, what I used to do it, or how you can do it, please feel free to ask me in the thread or send me a PM! I'm always happy to talk about things I've worked on.

Anyways, here's one you're probably familiar with if you've seen me around here, and that's my very first icon:

That's the original, though I've been using one with a transparent background instead of the white square. Funny story, I actually made this icon by hand using Paint.NET on my laptop's touchpad in the back of a van going down the interstate at about 77mph. Needless to say it took a couple hours to get it right. But I think it's pretty good, considering my limited digital art skills.

A good example of some of the other kind of artwork and creative stuff I do is my how-to on painting your engine valve cover. It's pretty detailed and I will eventually get the how-to up on some other websites, but you can have a look at the finished product below! I'm still working on prettying up the rest of the engine bay, I've decided to make my Cobalt a budget show car of sorts, and detailing the engine bay has been a fun, cheap way to get started. I'll probably put up other pictures and/or how-tos about my car at some point. Maybe I'll even get the chance to take it to a car show!

• Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
Re: Vlad's Variegated Ventures (of the Artistic Variety)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 01:01:00 am »
So y'all may have noticed I've been changing my icon rather frequently lately- I figured it would be fun if I did some sort of notable art thing for October/Halloween, and this just sort of happened after a comment from Mystic gave me the idea to dress Vlad up as the incognito icon from Google Chrome. So I'll just pop them in here as I go:

(click the picture)
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2016, 07:20:47 pm »
In the interest of putting something in my otherwise rather stagnant art thread (sorry), here's a video of my greatest artistic accomplishment. This was two years ago, my Sophomore year in high school, at my school's percussion concert. I performed "A Cricket Sang and Set the Sun" by Blake Tyson, a melodic and lyrical work inspired by the first line of a Dickinson poem which remains my favorite marimba piece to date (including those I am incapable of playing).

I've mentioned a couple times around that I play marimba, so I figured I'd give an example of that for those who hadn't heard the instrument before or wanted to see me perform. I have of course improved over the two years since this video, but I haven't yet found a piece that resonates with me the way this one did (which sorta has me panicking about what to play this year, as it's my last one). In future I'll probably keep posts about music to the music board, but any collection of my artistic endeavors would be incomplete without this example, so I hope an exception is warranted here.
nobody looks here anyways, maybe I can get a quadruple post! XP
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 05:26:32 am »
Well... haven't posted here since October.....

Might as well, since no one's online and I've done some stuff in the last seven months. Nobody reads this anyways. :fox-:P:

I've been sewing more lately, hoping to try some fursuiting related projects eventually. Did this patch on a pair of jeans recently that I think came out well, I experimented/practiced a few different stitches along the edges of it. Picture's not great but you get the idea. Looks better in person & from farther away.

• Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Izzy the Foxdeer

• Signature hearts by Jasper/Coffee
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 53
  • icon by I.S.A.C.
    • DeviantArt - multifandomed25
    • Twitter - multifandomed25
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox/reindeer hybrid
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 10:53:38 am »
That sewing looks really good! I always find it hard to get a perfect straight line like that while sewing, lol. And omg, you made that icon on a laptop in the back of a car?!?! That's pretty impressive
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her they/them
worlds most pan-tastic demigirl and maybe otherkin
check out my tumblr | confess love here | pet me please?

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 12:24:22 pm »
Wow, that looks really nice. I don't think I've ever gotten my stitches that straight >_>
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 12:38:13 pm »
That sewing looks really good! I always find it hard to get a perfect straight line like that while sewing, lol. And omg, you made that icon on a laptop in the back of a car?!?! That's pretty impressive

Thanks! What can I say for the icon other than use of a reference and looots of short, frequently Ctrl+Z'd strokes, heh... (I did use a tool to make the perfect circle though, I'm not that dedicated). The low resolution definitely helped too, it's only 480x480px if I remember right.

Wow, that looks really nice. I don't think I've ever gotten my stitches that straight >_>

Much appreciated! I'm a bit of a perfectionist... I still feel like I could do better with a couple of them.  o-o
Guess that's probably why I'm still fairly slow though, I try to keep everything nicely lined up.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Eden

• Just a sad little foxo!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 34
  • Stay Alive |-/
    • FurAffinity - ~eden
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox (The "r" is optional ;3)
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2017, 12:55:09 pm »
Hey Vlad!!  Looks really good ^^ hope to see you more, and I read these!! Hehe
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

PM me or check out my FA if you want to do a trade or commission me! Thanks!! <3

Offline LoyalPyra

• Les Claypool's #1 Fan
  • Cookies: 136
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2017, 04:04:18 pm »
Didn't know you can sew, you sew really well.

Cool that you can sew!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
:pyra:

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • kinda only care about giant robots tbh
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2017, 04:06:06 pm »
Your sewing looks really good! I've been practicing a bit myself so I know how tedious it can be.
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Online Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 828
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2017, 03:32:28 pm »
That sewing looks great, your stitches are really nice. Mine are always a mess :fox-:P:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet