• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • pls don’t pm
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
Redwall
« on: October 04, 2016, 09:25:20 pm »
The Redwall series is written by Brian Jacques and is a series of fictional stories about anthropomorphic animals. So far, the only book I've read in the series is Mossflower. I'm planning on reading a lot more of the series soon. Anyone else here a fan?
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

Offline Atheltrane Brant

• Many people think my puns are...
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 11
  • "otter" garbage! XD
  • Fursona Species: Otter
Re: Redwall
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2016, 07:56:38 pm »
Yeah, I've read the whole series and I own all the books :). They're really awesome. I even have a autographed British version of Lord Brocktree. I really like how they combine woodland creatures with high fantasy. The books can be entrancing because of how much Jacques describes the scenes and actions of the characters. I also really like all the different dialects he gives his characters, and solving the riddles alongside the characters is really fun. It really was Redwall that made me a furry, because all his protagonists are such good role models. I was lucky because my mom was the one who first suggest the series to me, and she really supported my interest in it.
There's also a picture book he wrote called The Great Redwall Feast with wonderful illustrations done by Christopher Denise that are really inspirational for making your own artwork.

Sorry for ranting, it's just that I've never met anyone in real life who has read or heard of the series, so I don't have anyone to talk to about it! :lol:
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Brevity is the soul of wit (and signatures), and thus, I will be keeping this on the short side, except I guess it's kind of long now....