Author Topic: Help with paying for art  (Read 269 times)

Offline Ozone

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Help with paying for art
« on: October 07, 2016, 06:48:58 pm »
hey yo, where can someone make art of me? besides FA see i live in U.S.A and i looked at alot of peoples art and it costs foreign money. Please help me

Offline Mystic

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 817
  • I'll cast a spell on you
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
Re: Help with paying for art
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:02:53 pm »
Most artists use USD. I commission quite a bit of art and I've only paid in another currency twice. Most artists require you to send the money through PayPal because it's the easiest and safest method for both parties. You need to be 18 to have a paypal account but you can ask a parent, older sibling or cousin etc to use theirs. The nice thing about PayPal is if you find an artist you want to commission who uses another currency PayPal will convert the funds for you (for a small fee, no more than you would pay at the bank though). DA points are also a fairly common currency amongst younger artists, they're a currency system on the art site deviant art and can be purchased using on the site itself using American dollars
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Ozone

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2016, 12:28:31 pm »
Thank You, Mystic Solstice, will do!  :fox-;):

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 55
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 10:10:01 pm »
You need to be 18 to have a paypal account

This isn't technically true, PayPal does have a student account option. You set it up with your parent's permission and it's linked to their account so they can give you money directly besides whatever you earn online or have transferred to you. I don't believe they can see what purchases you make but I could be wrong.

Of course, if you have a debit/credit card or a bank account, Paypal doesn't actually ask for or check for your age, so you can set up a normal account in your own name and use it just as any adult would, and you should be fine. I've been doing that for the last two years. In fact, after checking their user agreement, it no longer has the section stating that you must be at least 18 years of age, so it may not matter any more at all. I'm no expert, though, do your research.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his