Author Topic: Need an idea for a short story  (Read 275 times)

Offline Vesper

• It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits :]
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • I'm almost afraid of the man I've grown into
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
Need an idea for a short story
« on: November 02, 2016, 11:27:05 pm »
So in my English class ['bout a month ago], the instructor passed around a box with the little paint sample card thingys and we had to randomly pick one out (without looking). Whatever color you got had to be the name of a 3-7 page story that is due next Friday (11/11/16). Everyone got a name that's flexible enough to be written into anything such as 'Mysterious' or 'Temptations'. But no, I had to get "Molten Penny". WTF are you write with a title like "Molten Penny"It's an ugly color anyway so why the fuck would you want to paint your fucking walls with it?!. Anyway, I need an idea for a [short] story that fits it's ridiculous title. (Has to be Fiction btw).

TL;DR: Need an idea for a short, fiction story with the title "Molten Penny".
  • Flag - mexico
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/It

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 55
Re: Need an idea for a short story
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 11:44:45 pm »
What in the world...

Well. That's an impressively odd and unfortunate turn of events.

Um. The way I see it, you've got two options. You can go the obvious route and try to find some sort of way to work in actual melted pennies into the story. Perhaps a character is melting down the >90% copper pennies from before 1982 to sell the copper bars, because copper is worth more by weight. Or (unless you've been specifically told not to) you can use a technicality, and have some crucial thing in your story be the color molten penny itself. For example, a love interest for your protagonist may have eyes the color of molten pennies, and they may have some sort of fixation on those eyes so that you can revisit the metaphor enough to justify it being titular.

Hopefully that helps.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

Offline Vesper

• It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits :]
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • I'm almost afraid of the man I've grown into
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 11:54:14 pm »
I had something about melting pennies in mind, but I'm not sure its something you'd want to write for school. [I forgot to mention that the teacher said to try and make it suspenseful] Basically there is some guy in some village on some island of the coast of Africa. He melts American pennies that idk yet where he gets them from. Somali pirates suddenly try to work with him to get his brass as the pirate's dealers have been taken down. The village guy says no, and then the Somali pirate people start taking hostages and when a private miltary contracted by the U.S. shows up, the somalis start killing the hostages in hopes the troops would leave. The Private miltary tries to free said hostages, but they end up making it worse.

Somehow the whole plot will revolve around the village guy who melts pennies.
  • Flag - mexico
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/It

Online Chai

• Sparkle Kitty
  • Candies: 264
  • Happy Fall Y'all!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 11:59:48 pm »
Maybe you could make up a mythical narrative where there's an isolated tribe/community in America's far future that discovers pennies all over the place, in the dirt, in ruins, etc. And they wonder what they are, but never know because maybe there was like, an apocalypse of some sort, lol. But! They take these pennies and bring them to either thermal vents, or potentially even a volcano that has sprung up since the apocalypse (perhaps it had something to do with tectonic plate movement, eh?) and throw them in, which allegedly would give them good luck. Meanwhile, as the pennies melt, they seep into the earth's crust and make beautiful copper patterns down in the dirt.

AND THEN

Aliens come

discover these naturally created sculptures

and then wonder if some higher form of life ever lived there

IDK it's kind of a stretch lol I'm just thinking aloud.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Keep | Flight Rising
Wanna tell me something?
- ♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto ♥ -
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello link!

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 12:07:13 am »
You could write a story about greed, you could write a story about an underpaid worker, or you could even write a medieval story about a knight in copper armour.

With the story about greed, it could be about a guy who stole pennies and melted them down into copper to sell. Of course this was highly illegal, so he has to get himself out if perilous situations, but despite it not being the risk, his greed consumes him until it leads to his demise. Then I can be a lesson about how you shouldn't be greedy. Anyways, that's the best idea I have so far.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2016, 06:55:24 pm »
best of luck ahh

you could take it in a metaphorical sense. perhaps it could be a metaphor for blood, and your story could be a murder mystery or something.
blood smells very metallic, as do pennies and other sorts of change.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2016, 09:36:01 pm »
best of luck ahh

you could take it in a metaphorical sense. perhaps it could be a metaphor for blood, and your story could be a murder mystery or something.
blood smells very metallic, as do pennies and other sorts of change.
you could take it to the furthest possible extreme. Blood money. Or a serial killer who places pennies on the eyes of his victims. I dunno.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Make sure to befriend Badass Big Boss
Discord:Big Boss#1013 Skype: Frantzkrugers