Author Topic: FT Radio/podcast  (Read 21427 times)

Offline Eric

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 3
Re: FT Radio/podcast
« Reply #140 on: March 17, 2009, 05:57:36 pm »
iTunes is free, but you still have to build the cast, and host it yourself, iTunes is just a directory.
And yes it works on PC and Mac,
dun worry about the technical stuff...

we have ZERO content right now... let's work on having something to actually publish first.

Well, it says you have to host the server with a mac OSX comp =/, or sometin like that, I dunno.

Anyways, yeah, we should.

I would help, if I had time and my parents weren't the nosiest people on the planet ever -.-.

^^Click on one of the three last bars to go to that profile.^^

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #141 on: March 17, 2009, 09:52:20 pm »
Just a suggestion:

Can't you upload a podcast onto iTunes?  I'm pretty sure that the upload price is either small or non-existent, and if the podcast could be uploaded, it would probably be a good way to promote FT, yeh?

That could also cause publicity that the site may not want =/. I know that it would bring more members, but it would also bring a lot of people we don't want coming around here.

EDIT: I looked it up, and I didn't quite understand, but I'm pretty sure it's free, but you have to have a Mac.

Good point, , but if iTunes uses a keyword system (for instance, you find the podcast on search results when you search the word "furry), the majority of the people who would find the podcast would be furries.

I really don't know of any folks from 4chan or elsewhere who look on iTunes for sites to raid.  XD
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2009, 02:15:00 am »
I looked it up, and I didn't quite understand, but I'm pretty sure it's free, but you have to have a Mac.
I don't think you need a Mac.
From what I understand, you need an iTunes account and the software to upload podcasts. I have no idea if iTunes accounts cost anything though (if they do, we might wanna look into making it donation-run, but from previous experience (back when we tried to fund a meet), that requires a low, low cost)
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Eric

• Orange Level
« Reply #143 on: March 18, 2009, 08:43:05 am »
I looked it up, and I didn't quite understand, but I'm pretty sure it's free, but you have to have a Mac.
I don't think you need a Mac.
From what I understand, you need an iTunes account and the software to upload podcasts. I have no idea if iTunes accounts cost anything though (if they do, we might wanna look into making it donation-run, but from previous experience (back when we tried to fund a meet), that requires a low, low cost)

No it doesn't, everyone thinks that it also requires a credit card at least, but there's a special loop hole around that one =D.

Offline nickrak

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 9
  • Grey Wolf
« Reply #144 on: March 18, 2009, 01:09:30 pm »
iTunes is free, but you still have to build the cast, and host it yourself, iTunes is just a directory.

we have ZERO content right now... let's work on having something to actually publish first.

Well, it says you have to host the server with a mac OSX comp =/, or sometin like that, I dunno.

I would help, if I had time and my parents weren't the nosiest people on the planet ever -.-.

You're looking at the specs for MacOSX Server Podcast Producer, that's completely different, and requires thousands of dollars in equipment... Just getting a podcast listed on iTunes is free.
  • Award - Beta Tester
Permanently Offline

Offline Eric

• Orange Level
« Reply #145 on: March 18, 2009, 01:58:30 pm »

You're looking at the specs for MacOSX Server Podcast Producer, that's completely different, and requires thousands of dollars in equipment... Just getting a podcast listed on iTunes is free.

Ahh alright, it just looks weird.

Also, the loophole is extremely easy, I'll write it up just in case you guys need it.

1. Open Itunes
2. Go to the Itunes Store
3. Go to the apps store
4. Choose any free app
5. Press "Get App" (you don't need an iphone/touch for this don't worry)
6. Press "Create New Account"
7. Press Continue
8. Accept the terms
9. Fill in the stuff, press continue
10. IMPORTANT PART!!!!: Where it says credit card, look at the last choice, if you did it right, you should see a circle that says "none", tick it.
NOTE: You can only get that tick if you get a free app, well that's the only thing I've found that works, there might be other stuff, but it should only be free stuff that works.
11. Fill out the information
12. Press continue
13. Do whatever you need to do from there, I've already signed up so I can't go on, but yeah, it works =3.

Once you download the app you can keep it or delete it, it doesn't matter.

^^ I got that from some site a WHILE ago, dunno what the site is though =/.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 02:00:34 pm by Eric »

Offline Chopin

• Green Level
  • Candies: 18
  • We're the Last in Line!
    • FurAffinity - chopin
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger/Dragon
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2009, 12:19:25 pm »

WILD SAFARI ADVENTURE: where furs go out to the public  to see their thoughts on the fandom or if they have any thoughts at all (could be dangerous)

That sounds like it would be a lot of fun.
"You've got your stairs to Heaven, you may be right.  I only know in my world, I hate the light, I speed at night!"
-Dio, I Speed At Night

Offline GoldenPaws

• RAWR :3
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • :3
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2009, 02:53:00 pm »
With radio, I am think SHOUTcast :3 It jsut seems easier all together :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 03:00:40 pm by GoldenPaws »
I learned th eHowdown Throwdown by Mily Cyrus ._.