3 (4.9%)
Final Fantasy XII
3 (4.9%)
Final Fantasy Tactics Series
3 (4.9%)
Spin-off or Sequel [Chocobo Dungeon, Final Fantasy X-2, etc]
3 (4.9%)

Total Members Voted: 61

Author Topic: Favorite Fantasy? [Final Fantasy]  (Read 6176 times)

Offline Azul the Dingo

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • "Listen to compliments and embrace reason."
    • My YouTube Channel.
Re: Favorite Fantasy? [Final Fantasy]
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 01:43:07 pm »
I've only played a couple, FF3 on DS ad FF12 on PS2. I rather like XII, though I'd like to try 7. I hear so much about that one!

I loved Final Fantasy III DS.
Awesome game. ^___^
∞ Infinity is the essence of failure; Go for #1 ☆
YT: http://www.youtube.com/darkdragoon77777
[img width= height= alt=WAzul.[] - brought to you by TripleTags.com" border="0]http://www.tripletags.com/uploads/W/WAzul29858588.jpg[/img]
"Need Rp?" - I'm always willing to start one, just tell meh when!' -
" Glory to God, it is broken! They Are Free!! " - Hale. Act 1 Sc.1
" ... and here I am, with a tooth of gold, and no one to smile at.." - Fortunato.

Offline Acco Grayfox

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2008, 04:52:34 pm »
I'd say that each of those games brought something to the table...

7 was the most revolutionary for its time. And it blended a fair amount in well. Gameplay wise, I really enjoyed 12. Story wise, I thought 9 was great, 6 took the cake here though (even though the cake is a lie... and will forever be!).

Though, of all the games produced by Squaresoft... I'd have to say that Xenogears will forever be my favourite.

Offline OneGrayWolf

• If only..
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 0
  • You think you know me? Ha, you've got it all wrong
    • My IMVU page~
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 10:13:21 pm »
I've only played FFs 3, 4, 7, 8, 10 and 10-2, but in order it'd be 4, 3, 10, 10-2, and 8 for my faves. 4 was just a whole lot of fun ^__^ *goes to play it now* o.o
Well, here you are now. You look to your left, you look to your right. You look around in an attempt to find someone to find someone that can help you; that can give you some sort of comfort. Finding that too difficult, you give up, sitting down and laying back, waiting for that special someone to come all along. But what you don't realize is that they've always been there for you, hiding in the shadows. As a friend, as an enemy, as a complete stranger to you and us all. Be happy, for that stranger will come out and confess themselves to you soon enough.

Offline iKerochu

• ピカチュウ
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Chuu~
    • FurAffinity - iKerochu
    • Twitter - iKerochu
  • Fursona Species: Ferrachu
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 02:15:44 pm »
FF7 <3333

Offline UberFox

• The Extreme Gamer
  • Red Level
  • Im such a cutie
    • Twitter - Uberfoxydan
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2009, 01:18:01 pm »
This was a hard choice but you have to agree FF VII was legendary.
"Final Fantasy VIII sucks and you suck for liking it!" - Spoonyone

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2009, 01:13:16 pm »
I've only played number 8 but I really liked it. All I've ever been told is that "7 is better" but I can't be arsed with it... simply put, the graphics put me off. For me, personal asthetic of a huge game requires visuals to compliment said epicness....and everything I've seen of 7 doesn't do that.

On the other hand, there are quite a few things about number 8 that pissed me off...like the stupid card game, or the crap part of the story where the others (Selphy and Zell(?) have to peform music for a date between the two protagonists...who's names I can't even be bothered to remember....also, the shotgun guy, the only really cool character, was sidelined.

I loved the story though...it was all the bullshit you go through to complete it that dragged the game down...like disc 4, where you only have ONE place you can enter...the last boss area, and hell-betide you if you haven't amassed 99 of each spell and gotten your characters to 9999 health. That said, i found the last boss pretty easy even when she summoned that weird dog thing.

Then again, i watched my brother kill the final boss of Final Fantasy 10 with one GF...which was pretty anti-climactic.

Offline Kayou

• Rawrrawrrawrrawr!! :D
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 01:57:26 am »
X, X-2, 3, and XII (along with many of its spin offs) are basically the only ones I've played...and out of those I'd have to say that X was absolutely my favorite. The storyline, the characters, the minigames (I used to spend hours playing blitzball) have simply made it one of my favorite games of all time.. (I've probably beaten in like 4 times overall)

Though on another note..I don't think X-2 is thaaaaat bad! Not the best..but surely not the worst I've ever played. :P

Offline Rei

• The Blue Raccoon of the Blue Mountains
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
    • FurAffinity - Ratatosk
    • Way of the Shinobi
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 02:00:30 am »
I love the Tactics series. They were really challenging.

Sadly, I haven't really played any of the others... Except 1&2 Dawn of Souls for GBA and III for DS... I've been Playstation deprived for nearly my whole life... T_T
I love getting PMs, so feel free to send me one anytime! I'm always looking to make new furry friends. X3

Offline Rogerandom

• Mega Mole!
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 6
    • Twitter - Rogerandom
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 11:44:06 am »
1) Loved it! My first final fantasy game, and my favorite to this date. It's still just so nostalgic to play it. I have great memories that paint my experience every time I replay it, and despite the outdated mechanics and gameplay, I can't be convinced that any other Final Fantasy will ever outshine it as my favorite.
2) Never got a chance to play it.
3) Same.
4) ... Same.
5) I really liked this one! It had a really cool job system and the characters had their own stories. It was great fun.
6) This one was truly awesome. I still remember playing through it, amazed at... everything! This was one of those games I had dreams about, and wanted to write fanfics about. >D
7) A very cool game, but a the time, I was also playing Legend of Legaia, which trumped some of the graphics and probably spoiled a little of the fun for me. The story was great, but it was a little grungy and less fanciful than I typically like, but.. This generation loves the dark heroes. >D So I guess it's popularity makes sense.
8) Didn't like it. Dunno why.
9) Loved it! It was like a throwback to the original games I came to know and love with some new twists. The FMVs were STUNNING, and still are.
10) Enjoyed it. It played out like a movie, but felt more linear than I typically enjoy. I liked the battle system and it's boat-loads of fun making the characters ridiculously powerful in late game- reminds me of Disgaea - but, while fun, I doubt it will ever rank within my favorites.
11) Never played it. :c
12) Only had a chance to start it.. so far, I was very impressed! I can't wait to go back and play it again.
Tactics) Loved it. >3 Everyone is blonde!
Tactics A) Loved it even more. NU MOU FOR THE WIN!
Tactics A2) The main character isn't as cool as Marshe, but NU MOU ARE BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER!

Favorite RPG, though, has got to be the Suikoden games. Hands down. No contest. Xenogears was good, but Suikoden is my baby.
I got thirsty and drank my pet water. :c

Offline Löwe

• That's lion in English
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Gekommen um aufzustellen
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 12:05:48 pm »
My favourite was FFIX. I don't know, I don't think I'd like the new game because I LIKE random battles and suck at reflexes, but I don't have a PS3 or anything so I can't get it anyway.

Offline Kindran

• Teh Vampyre Kitteh
  • Red Level
  • I am ze Kitteh DJ!
  • Fursona Species: snake-cat hybrid
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2009, 03:48:21 pm »
FF VII is just too mainstream these days. Toe it has way too many spinoffs and a movie and an anime. All in all ffix was legendary and anyone who is a Vivi freak shout "lootalootaloota woot woot!"
=^,-,^= Teh Vampyre Kitteh saiz "Nyah!"

Sors imanis et inanis
(Fate, monstr'ous and empty)

Offline Tack

• Red Level
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2009, 04:41:51 am »
All I really care about is the music in the games. If it has good music it's a good game to me, and all Final Fantasy games have such stunning soundtracks.
“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music” - Rachmoninov

Offline SGT. Zera R. Yarano

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 17
  • Psychopathic, xenophiliac; addictive, unvindictive
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2009, 05:44:32 am »
But Final Fantasy 8 had Eden.
Honestly, I'm biased at the sheer destructive power of a cyber Garden from the future who turns the Earth into a cannon, then fires the enemy into another galaxy, only to have said galaxy explode and throw the abrupt cosmonaut back to the planet.

WE NEED A NEW BAHAMET! So far, they have created a :
Mega Flare
Giga Flare
Terra Flare
(They skipped Peta, probably because "Peta Flare" doesn't exactly sound threatening)
Exa Flare
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
They need :
Zetta Flare
Yotta Flare
  • Flag - crasher

Offline Airbag!

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • Desudesu.
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2009, 07:52:44 pm »
I'm gonna go with the original.

I played through the Dawn of Souls version a few years ago, and I still go back and play through it for fun.  That's really weird for me, since I can't play most games more than once.  But something about FF1 and the replay value DoS brought to it has dragged me in over and over again.

And the characters weren't absolutely terrifying prettyboys now were they?  I kid, I kid...
Mate of Shwintay!

Offline Roofus

• Resident Grumpy Old Fur
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 86
  • Whatupwidat?
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2009, 09:10:46 am »
I was cruising through That Guy With The Glasses.com and found this from a reviewer named Spooney.

He's been attempting to reveiw Final Fantasy 8 for almost a year but keeps drifting off onto other things...such as the first and number seven. But they're really funny, and he tears both new arses. Some of it's a little NSFW though, but not the video I've linked to.

FF1
http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/bt/spoonyone/final-fantasy-viii/5773-final-fantasy-8-part-10
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 09:13:17 am by Rooster »

Offline Löwe

• That's lion in English
  • Orange Level
  • Gekommen um aufzustellen
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2009, 04:57:47 am »
I think I could like FF8 more if it wasn't for the simultaneuously hugely annoying and pathetically easily abusable battle system, the annoying characters (it gets better but at the start Squall is sooo annoying) and some of the terrible plot twists (GFs made them lose their memory and they just happened to all grow up together?).

Offline Perky

• Cookie Crazed Rabbit
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 18
  • Om nom nom. :3
« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2009, 02:43:45 pm »
I gotta say that I liked VI the most, and it'll remain my favorite game basically. XP I'm mostly partial to it because it was the first game I ever played (some people start with mario or sonic...not me. XD), but from an outside perspective, it had a reasonably engaging story with a good blend of comedy and seriousness (as serious as tiny little square characters can be), TONS of side content, a traditional, but enjoyable battle system, unique characters (including Kefka. Who doesn't love that krusty the clown lookin freak? :P) and it was an all around well developed game for it's time.

Also, I just wanna say that after 10, FF went straight down hill. It's no longer final fantasy as far as I'm concerned. XP
Replaced my photo shop addiction with an addiction to BASS! Not enough credible furry dj's in the fandom.
XBL GT: Captn Christmas

Offline Samba

• DDR Maniac~
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Dancing in the Rain~
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 03:10:43 pm »
I've been playing Final Fantasy XI (online) since 2002... so I guess I have to go with that.  But if I had to pick a regular console FF, I'd have to go with X, IV or VI... all three of them were just amazing.  VII was pretty good too, but not my favorite. 

XII was terrible... gambit system eventually does the whole battle for you.  If you're fully leveled and with the right items/spells, you can do the last fight on automatic and go do something else for a few hours.  The story was lackluster, and the main character wasn't developed at all.  Guh. 

I have really high hopes for FFXIII, however. <3  And FFXIV... x.x  Something to finally pull me away from FFXI would be great.

Offline Hale Laocon

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 84
    • FurAffinity - halelaocon
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Germ. Shep)
Favorite Fantasy? Final Fantasy
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 05:00:19 pm »
I got lent a copy of 8 recently and it was kinda cool, being the first FF game I've ever played in my life, but throughout the game I felt like the only things I can depend on to save me in fights were summons (I don't call them gf's, I keep feeling as though I'm calling the Quetzacotl and Carbunkle my 'girlfriends', hurray net slang) and casting a slowly depleting amount of Curagas.
That and the characters were bleh. Squall's too quiet and I prefered his KH attitude, to be honest, and Seifer's a real jackass. Typical rivalry crap but they're so much alike you'd thing they'd be brothers... but they grew up together all of a sudden so it makes sense.
Anyway stocking magic was annoying.
Nobody ever says 'I love you' despite love being one of this game's major themes, and the cutscenes were just begging for voiceover work.
All in all, I kinda got into it for my first FF game, and at least I got to see what moombas and tonberries look like
  • Award - Beta Tester
Message me if you wanna play the new exo zombies on xbox one :3

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 115
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 06:19:18 pm »
Gah, the mainstream. For me, it's Final Fantasy Legend 2. Do whatever you want to with your poll, but I just don't fit in. |-)

After that, it's most likely gonna have to be Final Fantasy 6. Seven was amazing, as was ten, and eight, but Six is the last of what I would consider the original lineup.

Edit: Seven definitely shaped JRPG's in the Western continents today - the report at: http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Fan/Writing/My-final-paper-Ever/first#post1327940
Will give a brief overview of that topic. .PDF, attachment to the first post in that topic.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:23:13 pm by copb.phoenix »
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?