Author Topic: Capture cards.  (Read 247 times)

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
Capture cards.
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:22:03 pm »
Can somebody help me find a good capture card? I'm not the most tech savvy person, and I don't know where to find a useful, reliable, and easy to use capture card. I'm not here to be lectured about my motives, so none of that please.

Some things it needs are:
-Component video slots
-At most 1080p
-Less than $100
-Must be able to be shipped to Canada
-And easy to use.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 119
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
Re: Capture cards.
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 08:15:42 am »
Hard to find good ones under $100 since Elgato is pretty much king and maybe you could get one used for that budget. But for new there are a few as well. I never used any of these but its what I could find. These are all Amazon links so some might actually only fit the budget with Prime.

AGPtEK (Several under this brand)

Seems like a Chinese knockoff of the AGPtEK cards

AVerMedia AVerCapture HD (A little over $100 but it has mostly favorable reviews and even I have heard good things of it.)

Diamond Game Caster HD GC2000 (This one appears to cover most platforms including Android and iOS though reviews don't seem that good.)

HDML Cloner (This one seems great and doesn't even need a PC.)

« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 06:31:01 pm by Sleek »
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
Re: Capture cards.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 11:21:46 am »
I bought the AGPTEK HD video capture for about $112 CAN, but this one had the snapshot feature which is total BS because you can't use it while you're recording. It seems to be working fine so far, though it cuts 6 seconds off the beginning of the video and then an undetermined time at the end, so that has to be fixed in editing. Also, it makes huge MP4 files (every 10 minutes is about 1GB), so I would probably have to delete videos before I finish a series, even on my 1TB external hard drive.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz