Author Topic: Calling all authors!  (Read 310 times)

Offline [deleted]

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
Calling all authors!
« on: December 19, 2016, 11:21:47 am »
Hi, Furry authors!

So I'm a part of a writing platform called Figment. It's closer-knit than Wattpad, but has lots of cool features that other sites don't have. Unfortunately, they've lost a lot of members and have no new traffic, so the site may be in danger.

If y'all could join a group called the Figgie Fighters, I would appreciate it so much! Figment is a great way to get reviews on your work, and no one can copy and paste your story to use for themselves because of the way that the platform works.

Also, I would love to hear a summary/synopsis of whatever story(ies) your working on! I haven't gotten the chance to read much Furry fiction, so I'd love to see more. :)

-Setta

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
Re: Calling all authors!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2016, 11:34:47 am »
This seems really cool! I'm not the best writer (but I did have a Wattpad once), is the platform compatible with graphic novels?

I'm currently working on a slice-of-life comic about all my sonas, it'll be an interactive sort of thing-And I may actually start something about my bat sona.

I'll defiantly try out the site when I have the time : )
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp:

Offline [deleted]

• Red Level
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 11:53:05 am »
I wish it was, but sadly there's no image options. I'm going to bring it up with the site admins though and see if I can get it changed!

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 130
  • sushi dog
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 11:55:39 am »
hmm interesting, might take a look later
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Damien

• Flamboyant, gay and no filters
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
  • Canadian Milo Yiannopolous
    • DeviantArt - Deatox
    • FurAffinity - SeanFox
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2016, 02:59:19 pm »
Furry authors? Do I have to specifically write stories/books or could I do my usual spoken word poems? If I can I've been thinking of joining a platform for this stuff  :lol-fox:
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
I think that our kids will see
The end of humanity
As we know it
'Cause this world's about to blow it

Leave your love letters here!
Icon by me

Offline [deleted]

• Red Level
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 03:13:47 pm »
Furry authors? Do I have to specifically write stories/books or could I do my usual spoken word poems? If I can I've been thinking of joining a platform for this stuff  :lol-fox:

Figment isn't specifically for Furries, but I think we could build up a great Furry community! There are a few on the site, but I don't know how active they are. If some people from here join, I'm going to make a Furry group where we can chat and share books.

Stories, books, poems, and plays are all allowed! Anything with words works.  :lol-fox:

Offline Vlad

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 55
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 12:59:55 am »
Ah, Figment. I used to be relatively active there, good to hear it's still going strong. I definitely recommend it to aspiring writers as well as avid readers- there's a lot of great writing on there and it's all just as free to read, comment on and review as it is to write and share. Figment is open to poetry as well- I remember some of my poems being really well-received there and enjoyed reading others' work. I've since realized writing isn't what I want to do most, and shifted my focus to other things, but I definitely recommend the place.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his