Author Topic: Grade Skipping?  (Read 342 times)

Offline Elleo

• El Leo
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Roar
    • FurAffinity - ThatLionElleo
  • Fursona Species: Lion
Grade Skipping?
« on: December 26, 2016, 06:21:23 am »
Minus the drama,
I'm a held back highschool student.
15 years old in Freshman year.
I go to a Technical School, a Shop School.
The schedule is currently five days Academic and five days Tech.
The Technical School I go to offers things like Cosometology, EMS, Allied Health, Diesel Technology, Culinary, Baking, a Commercial Arts Cluster of three (one of which my mom teaches in), an AET cluster, Mulitimedia (The shop I plan to enter depending on the situation), and so much more. No music though, sadly.

The reason I want to gradeskip is for three reasons:
1:
-My family is dissapointed in me
2:
-I feel like I should know what I can know
3:
-Why shouldn't I if others can? They're saving so much time!

I know it's different in each district, the thing is I'm looking for some Wisdom from others.
I'm really enticed to move up a grade.. Or as many as I can or even graduate early.
I ask for Wisdom because I'm just a kid.
And yeah, I know that I would need to talk to my counselor about credits and such.
I also ask if it would be wise to ask for some highschool to college tutoring from here.
Thank you in advance. Maybe even multilanguage help if possible (Spanish, Japanese or Mandarin Chinese).
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 06:25:06 am by Elleo »
I've made worse mistakes.

Offline Xrig the wolf

• Punk wolf guy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 93
  • Not a protogen more a wolf iron man
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Grade Skipping?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2016, 08:56:08 am »
Ya man Just sit down with your councilor... This is like the only thing I think they are reliable on....
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: he,him,his or male I dont really care
Strait! Strait as a board? Nup...

Hey if your deppresed, lonely, or just need a friend my discord and skype are both Grixblade... Dont worry I never sleep and I live for the sound of a call from someone!
Keep in mind I blush easy... http://www.thiscrush.com/~xrig

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 10:42:33 am »
Personally, I wouldn't grade skip, especially if your high school provides that much. You any to use s much free education as possible before you go to collage. It doesn't matter if you're a little behind.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline Elleo

• El Leo
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • Roar
    • FurAffinity - ThatLionElleo
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 11:22:16 am »
Personally, I wouldn't grade skip, especially if your high school provides that much. You any to use s much free education as possible before you go to collage. It doesn't matter if you're a little behind.
Well, the highschool has night classes, as well as me possibly able to get my Multimedia certificate early and whatnot if I'm advanced there.
The things I'm worried about shopwise is:
-Will they give me a seat in the class as a sophmore (Freshman pick their shops)?
-How are credits distributed in a Tech Shop?
These are some questions I have for my counselor.

You know how at the beginning I cut out the drama?
Well, it's why I was held back. It's a long story,
but it wasn't because I was deemed slow or stupid.
It was from my grades dropping from extreme private school bullying from fourth to seventh grade.
Let's not talk about that. I hate bringing up that story.
I was always an advanced student, and then it all dropped.
It's not entirely free education either, this is a technical school I'm talking about.
And while the school does have 90% of things payed with local taxes, there's still material I'd need to buy like the shop uniform or flash drives or even a computer.
Another point for me to do it is actually for the sake of doing what you're saying for using as much time to get ready for college. I aim to get at least a bachelors in Computer Science at a college that I've yet to choose. I'll get there when I get there.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2016, 11:26:45 am by Elleo »
I've made worse mistakes.