Author Topic: Making Jewelry?  (Read 170 times)

Offline JasperFox

• Jazzy
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Making Jewelry?
« on: January 12, 2017, 07:53:05 pm »
So I've been wanting to make my own unique one-of-a-kind sterling silver necklaces and pendants. I have no idea where to even learn to start though. Does anybody have any information that would help me out?
  • Pronouns: He/him
"I was gonna write something profound, but I don't have anything profound to say."

-A gas station bathroom wall, 2016

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
Re: Making Jewelry?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 08:02:28 pm »
I've done similar crafting, I remember getting clasps, a variety of pliers, and other supplies-Depending on what you want to make, you can use hemp and other types of strings to wrap stones or beads. You can find coupons for Hobby Lobby and other craft suppliers if you're on a budget. Sterling silver is good, I heard it lasts and rarely rusts unlike other expensive metals-It's commonly used in costume or fashion jewelry

You can use beads, clay, crystals, ect.-Be creative

Hope this helped
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp:

Offline JasperFox

• Jazzy
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 13
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 08:25:43 pm »
I've done similar crafting, I remember getting clasps, a variety of pliers, and other supplies-Depending on what you want to make, you can use hemp and other types of strings to wrap stones or beads. You can find coupons for Hobby Lobby and other craft suppliers if you're on a budget. Sterling silver is good, I heard it lasts and rarely rusts unlike other expensive metals-It's commonly used in costume or fashion jewelry

Hope this helped
It really did help! Thank you!

And it might be worth mentioning that I'm interested in making my own sterling silver pendants-as in getting the clay, heating it and molding it into my own designs.

And also, I know absolutely nothing about this except the meanings behind symbols that I want to make for pendants
  • Pronouns: He/him
"I was gonna write something profound, but I don't have anything profound to say."

-A gas station bathroom wall, 2016

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 08:42:00 pm »

Hope this helped
It really did help! Thank you!

And it might be worth mentioning that I'm interested in making my own sterling silver pendants-as in getting the clay, heating it and molding it into my own designs.

And also, I know absolutely nothing about this except the meanings behind symbols that I want to make for pendants

You mean molding pendants? As am another alternative to clay, I recommended getting into Soapstone carving if you want something more naturalistic in a way

Sculpy and other polymer clay brands can be used for sculpting-Iv'e used Sculpy in the past and it tends to get very soft and unworkable, and collects lots of dust, hair, and debris from your hands
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp: