Author Topic: just how "furry" are you?  (Read 2179 times)

Offline jason wolfe

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
just how "furry" are you?
« on: January 26, 2008, 08:04:15 pm »
well? i believe... know... i am a wolf. only physicaly am i human. but im an anthro wolf so im not realy thearian. i love to talk about furry and i even live it (howling, barking, licking). basicaly anything furry is a big part of my life.

Offline Kaci

• Haw haw haw!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 13
  • This be me. :B
    • DeviantArt - kacikip
    • LiveJournal - kacicake
Re: just how "furry" are you?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 11:32:03 pm »
If you believe you're a wolf in a human body you should check out therianthropy. I checked it out for a bit since I have many spiritual animal beliefs, but decided it wasn't for me.

Anyway, I'm furry enough to want to become my fursona, Kaci, in her full polymorphic glory. (Though perhaps I'd have to add a 5th form, human so I can survive in public XD) Plus I have animal spiritual beliefs which I strongly believe in. Not to mention my hugeeee liking for anthro animals.

Offline MR G

• Red Level
  • Candies: 0
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 12:41:48 am »
I'm probably a big time furry. I LOVE licking, petting, any thing with the ears. I growl at people all the time and one time I saw a girl walking down the side walk wearing a hodi that had ears on, I practically drove of the road. Also I wear my collar all the time and i mean all the time.   
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning.
Erwin Rommel

Offline CodeCat

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • Flying Dutchfur
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 10:16:33 am »
I suppose in real life I'm not really much of a fur. But that comes with not really knowing that many other people. I'm not saying real-life furriness isn't a good thing, but it hasn't presented itself for me yet. I've been to Eurofurence though and it was a blast, going again this year! ^^

Offline Benji Teh Wolf

• Foxxie's puppeh boi
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 14
  • I do what i can
    • FurAffinity - nightwolf101
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 10:22:45 am »
im not really a big time fur, but if i could afford it, i would definately buy a fursuit. i have a wolf spirit watching over me so....ya....thats about the extent of my furriness....that and furries are awesome

Offline Aerion

• The local mellow, game-playing, daydreaming, philosophical wolf-boy
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
  • Remaining lives: 1
    • My scrap book of ideas and misc. (feel free to post)
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 10:54:49 am »
Well, I believe all animals have the same personality groups, but all of them have one of those groups applied to their instincts (wolves are teachers and rule-by-force, cats are independent, and so on), plus a second, weaker, individual, layer from the same set of groups (excluding the already chosen personality), and therefore I believe in totems. If souls exist, I'd probably go crazy with the catch-up of my decisions (I act based on not having to regret anything once I'm dead), but I'd believe in guardian animals that are what gives you your basic instincts and the previously mentioned second-layer personality group (guardian animals would of course not be restricted to humans, so while no human would have a human guardian, a wolf could).

But to answer more clearly: Not much. I like the art more than non-anthro art, I like the community, and I'd prefer to be able to take a "vacation" from my body once in a while, but that's about it. I rarely care much about anything.
"Life's journey is not about arriving at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy Shit, what a ride""
"Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means you are two steps ahead"
"Invoke not common sense, for it is not common"
"A life without joy is a wasted one, and you got but one to waste."
"To touch the clouds, you need to reach for the stars"
Fantasy games are for n00bs, try playing a game about reality

Offline Lenaki

• ):
  • Red Level
  • weeeeee
    • lenaki's myspace
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 07:34:08 pm »
 I am a really big fur fan. I walk on fours a lot, lick, and bark. Also I am going to be working on a fur suit very soon. I would love to become anthro and I have been wearing my tail almost every where I go.
):

Offline Shmoogle

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • I'm an Anthro Plushie
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2008, 06:39:00 pm »
I'm furry =O very xD  I is got hair everywhere. *cough* oh you mean that furry. >>

Well I love the fandom but i don't know alot about it still. >< I'm to afraid to look up stuff on my computer cause people can see my screen and will just be nosie. Then thay bug me about it and its just anoying. xD

Offline Heulenkojote

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Moechtet *hic* ihr mit mir singen?
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2008, 09:59:12 pm »
Well, after coming out of the furry closet, I am more furry than ever. I am now publicly a furry freak. I wear my tail and ears to school and I recieve ridicule on a normal basis. Why endure it? Because being a furry gives me warm fuzzies. Honestly, I am numb to the ridicule...in fact, it would be odd if it wasn't there. Thank goodness I'm not normal x.x
Why are entire years strewn on the cutting room floor of memory? When moments from one magic night flash single frame in closeup on the 3D Imax of my mind. Why am I a witness? And when I capture it on film, will it mean that its the end and I'm alone?

Offline Morgan Persimmon

• Participant
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Now with 45% more!
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 12:19:43 am »
Well, after coming out of the furry closet, I am more furry than ever. I am now publicly a furry freak. I wear my tail and ears to school and I recieve ridicule on a normal basis. Why endure it? Because being a furry gives me warm fuzzies. Honestly, I am numb to the ridicule...in fact, it would be odd if it wasn't there. Thank goodness I'm not normal x.x
Where'd you get some good ears? I wear my tail fairly often, but I am earless.
[quote ]
(9:29:08 PM) Jamie: Heh, but for real? Not just a cat picture joke?
[/quote]

Offline Alice Noir

• I'm only happy on days that end with y~
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 11:41:58 pm »
I'm still a bit in the furry-closet to some of my friends, but most certainly not to myself - I'm not in denial. Fursuits don't seem like the most appealing option  to me - simply because I can't exactly wear it everywhere. A nice ears/tail set would please me, if I could find one.

Offline DamienFox

• *foxes about*
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Cupcaaake :3)~
    • FurAffinity - ^Damien_Fox^
    • LiveJournal - Damien_Fox
    • Twitter - DamienFox
    • My FA Page :3
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2008, 10:29:27 pm »
I'm still a bit in the furry-closet to some of my friends, but most certainly not to myself - I'm not in denial. Fursuits don't seem like the most appealing option  to me - simply because I can't exactly wear it everywhere. A nice ears/tail set would please me, if I could find one.

Those do sound nice, and even though I have a pair, people do like to pull tails, so watch out, happens all the time, my tail's getting ready to fall off  :sad-fox:
DamienFox, the cynical fox since 1991.

Ooh! Ooh! I write words to form sentences with phrases and clauses and stuff!  http://www.furaffinity.net/user/%5Edamienfox%5E/

Offline Atte

• Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 9
  • Fursona Species: Eurasian Lynx
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2008, 04:11:02 am »
Well that question can be understood in so many ways, but based on what the others have answered, here goes...

Belief
I don't think I'm an animal trapped in a man's body. I do think that my "fursona" is part of me. I don't like making a difference between "OC" and "IC". I am my "fursona", my "fursona" is me, it's kinda hard to explain but by what I've seen many don't think about it that way. This is also why I use my real first name here too. :P

Behaviour
Well apart from what everyone seems to be doing, sometimes growling when frustrated and going all :3 when pet, I also like rubbing my head against things, like cats do... o.O (Yay for total weirdness! xD)

Suits 'n stuff
I would LOVE to have a fursuit, but at the moment there's no way I could afford one. I'm planning on getting a tail, but I'll probably have to buy it from abroad, and I still haven't located one I'd like... :sad-fox: (links by PM would be much appreciated :fox-;): )

Others
Well I don't go walking around shouting "I'm a furry!!!", but I don't really try to hide it that much either. All my online friends know, and I guess my IRL friends will figure it out pretty soon too... My mom has seen me (trying to) draw furry pics, and when the CSI fur episode was on I just left the room saying I don't want to watch that stereotypical ****, sooo I guess she has figured it out already. I really don't think people have to know that it's called "furry", or they will just go do a Google image search and get a totally wrong idea...

Quote from: Heulenkojote
Being a furry gives me warm fuzzies. Honestly, I am numb to the ridicule... In fact, it would be odd if it wasn't there. Thank goodness I'm not normal... x.x
= what I think too

Eh... Got a little carried away again... :lol-fox:
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Clockwork?

• عَدَم الجَوَاب جَوَاب
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 6
  • I lol'd.
    • It's mah Facebook!
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2008, 03:52:09 pm »
Well,  I absolutely love furry art and in general the furry community. I also enjoy the fursona concept and along with it, the ability to just escape your human body and human life, if only in your imagination. I feel a very deep personal, though not necessarily spiritual, connection with nature and animals, specifically foxes. It's something that brings a good deal of joy in my life.

My furry interest is pretty open with nearly all of my friends. On the same note, my family has no idea, and frankly, I don't need to give them the long, awkward explanation as to what a furry is/is not. I used to wear a collar on occasion, but I lost it, and need a new one. :( I tend to lay low on the public setting, so I do not have a tail, ears, or fursuit, even though I would love to have them. Maybe in the future I will get these. But as for right now, in my small boring town, I don't really need the extra drama that may come along with it.
Was hilft laufen, wenn man nicht auf den rechten Weg ist?

Offline Cymun

• Designated Cheer-Upper
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Two.
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2008, 11:36:05 pm »
I'm not a spiritualistic person, but being a furry does affect my lifestyle.
For example, I walk digitigrade sometimes, for fun, and run digitigrade 100% of the time, because it's faster.

I sometimes like showing joy or affection in an animal way, simply because it feels right.
Or because the whole concept is fun.

As for apparel, I'm thinking of wearing a ribbon. Possibly with a small bell on it.

I suppose ears would be fun, though I would find a tail to be too impractical.
"There are two types of people: The kind who walk into rooms and turn TV sets on, and the kind who turn them off. The problem is they usually get married." - Raymond Shaw, The Manchurian Candidate (1962)

Always here if you need someone to talk to.

While you're reading this, go ahead and read this:
http://www.vincifruit.com/
Vinci & Arty. Maybe not the best, but my favorite.

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 671
  • Gone for good.
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2008, 11:56:21 am »
Wow...it's amazing how many people have wolf spirits watching over them. o.o
Anyhoo...
I'm furry. I don't wear collars, I've no particular interest in fursuits, I don't have any real animal habits. However, it's a very real part to me which I can't really explain and don't even intend to try to.

Offline Ari

• Red Level
  • just your average straight timber wolf.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2008, 08:10:30 pm »
well i'm kinda new so im not that out there about being a furry and all so yeah
really i don't bite; alright maybe just a little...                             seek the wolf in thy self

Offline Morgan Persimmon

• Participant
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 66
  • Now with 45% more!
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2008, 08:19:00 pm »
Wow...it's amazing how many people have wolf spirits watching over them. o.o
the numbers are comparatively staggering, yes. :P
[quote ]
(9:29:08 PM) Jamie: Heh, but for real? Not just a cat picture joke?
[/quote]

Offline Marcus Lupus

• The Hunting Wolf
  • FCWhs3adfmrsw A- C- D- H+ M P+ R++ T+++ W- Z? Sm?
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2008, 10:28:12 pm »
I'm fairly new to the furry fandom. I have a collar that I wear on occasion and a necklace that has two replicas of wolf's claws on me at all times. I like the art and I might get a fursuit eventually. I only told my closest friends only because my school is full of 4Chan groups

Offline Narudog

• Paco elephante the water buffalo
  • Red Level
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2008, 11:19:30 pm »
Well, I love being a furry, 100%, no denial. Right now I am browsing furry teens with my lil brother behind me, so, heh.

Ok, onto the how much of a furry I am. I believe every animal has feelings, everyone. I also think objects have feelings to (Call me crazy). I have a bear that I have had since I don't know when, and I believe it has feelings in it, I talk to it sometimes, and make sure its ok. Um, I seem to find myself lying on the ground a lot, and crawling on it. I don't know why, if I am playing a game I am usually on the floor, so when I want to go get a drink, sometimes I crawl to the kitchen, or walk crouched on two legs...its fun. Uhhh, I seem to sometimes make a whimpering noise when something goes wrong, and growl when someone says my dang name wrong, or something like that. I have never barked, but have wanted to sometimes. I also seem to sniff stuff before I eat it sometimes, or to identify things. I would love to have a tail, I sometimes look in the mirror and imagine me having one. I just worry I would get it destroyed at school, halls are very crowded...and I always thought why I can't wear it, people wear chains all the time, same thing basically. Also, everything I seem to draw, I put ears on it... Uh, might have more, but thats it for now.