Author Topic: Transformers  (Read 511 times)

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • kinda only care about giant robots tbh
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
Transformers
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:12:29 pm »
I wanted to start a general thread for Transformers that wasn't just for review.
So to anyone here who likes Transformers or wants to get into it, here's a thread for you.
What versions of Transformers have you seen, read, or played?
Personally, I've seen G1, Transformers: Animated, Transformers: Beast Wars, Transformers: Prime(my favorite), two of the live action movies, and Rescue Bots. I've played Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and War for Cybertron, which are my favorite games of all time. Finally, I've read the comic More Than Meets The Eye (Which is now called Lost Light) and two novels, Transformers: Exodus and Transformers: Exiles. I also read a lot of the 80s comics and even own one, which I plan to cherish forever. I also have some toys.
Favorite Autobot overall is Optimus (typical), and my favorite Decepticon is probably Knockout from TFP.
So basically Transformers is my life and I love it more than anything I've ever gotten into and I'd be ecstatic to talk to people here about it. Just getting into it? Talk to me, I can recommend you good places to start.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 11:17:48 pm by Sugar »
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
Re: Transformers
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2017, 09:57:26 pm »
please excuse the double post but
is there anyone
anyone at all
  • Flag - xmaslight

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve

Offline Aurum Collie

• Some collie guy
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • "Ars Longa, Vita Brevis." -Hippocrates
    • DeviantArt - pd1705
    • FurAffinity - pd1705
    • Twitter - @thatdangcollie
  • Fursona Species: Rough Collie
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2017, 11:14:54 pm »
I used to like transformers a lot during my childhood lol. Used to have a few of them, but now I just don't have the interest I used to have with them. Right now, they're cool and all, but I doubt I'll buy a transformer or see the movies anytime soon. I had Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Megatron, and Starscream - Of those, I liked Starscream the best. :)
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 11:49:31 pm »
Yaaay Transformers!
I've seen Transformers: Prime, Transformers: Robots in Disguise (the new one), Transformers: Rescue Bots, Transformers: Animated, and all 4 (Michael Bay) Transformer movies. I'm looking forward to seeing Transformers: The Last Knight if it turns out good enough. xD I know lots of people dislike the Michael Bay movies but I personally like some of them.
Unfortunately I still haven't seen G1 or it's movie. Yet. I keep saying I will but I still haven't gotten around to it.
My favorite transformer of all time is Optimus Prime (of course). TFP is one of my favorite shows and I like almost every character in it. :fox-:):
  • Flag - canada
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Aurum Collie

• Some collie guy
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • "Ars Longa, Vita Brevis." -Hippocrates
    • DeviantArt - pd1705
    • FurAffinity - pd1705
    • Twitter - @thatdangcollie
  • Fursona Species: Rough Collie
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 11:51:47 pm »
See, the Michael Bay movies are watchable, but the fight scenes look like a heap of metal clashing against another, differently-colored piece of metal. The movies have their share of humor and decent plot, but the visuals are a bit hard on the eyes, if you know what I mean.

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2017, 11:54:49 pm »
See, the Michael Bay movies are watchable, but the fight scenes look like a heap of metal clashing against another, differently-colored piece of metal. The movies have their share of humor and decent plot, but the visuals are a bit hard on the eyes, if you know what I mean.
Aha I suppose that's true. So much detail it's difficult to tell what's going on sometimes. I found it was hard to tell who was who at first. :fox-:P:
  • Flag - canada

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 248
  • I don't bite...hard
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Pig of somesort
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2017, 12:06:51 am »
Huh I actually really like the first two Micheal Bay movies o~o
I'm not really a Transformers fan but my dad grew up with the original cartoon and bought'em on DVD a few years ago so I've watched most of it I think(He has up to season three or something) and the first animated movie. I kinda liked it tbh ^^
I haven't watched anything new other than the new movies though.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2017, 06:13:19 am »
I'm not really a Transformers fan but my dad grew up with the original cartoon and bought'em on DVD a few years ago so I've watched most of it I think(He has up to season three or something) and the first animated movie. I kinda liked it tbh ^^
What I dislike most about the movies is the way they portray the characters, especially Optimus
Optimus kills ruthlessly and without mercy in those movies, and that just isn't Optimus. Also the whole thing about "we aren't gonna fight for this planet anymore" or whatever he said in the fourth movie, that is also pretty bad. A true Optimus would fight to save innocent lives.
I've heard even Peter Cullen wouldn't say some of the lines because of how out of character they were.
And the character designs can be pretty ugly. The Decepticons are completely lacking in color, and don't even get me started on what they did to Wheeljack.

Also how the movies focus on humans so much. I don't care about Shia labeoufs girlfriend or some guys daughter, I want to see robots
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 07:01:09 am by Sugar »
  • Flag - xmaslight

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 248
  • I don't bite...hard
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Pig of somesort
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2017, 12:19:05 pm »
What I dislike most about the movies is the way they portray the characters, especially Optimus
Optimus kills ruthlessly and without mercy in those movies, and that just isn't Optimus. Also the whole thing about "we aren't gonna fight for this planet anymore" or whatever he said in the fourth movie, that is also pretty bad. A true Optimus would fight to save innocent lives.
I've heard even Peter Cullen wouldn't say some of the lines because of how out of character they were.
And the character designs can be pretty ugly. The Decepticons are completely lacking in color, and don't even get me started on what they did to Wheeljack.

Also how the movies focus on humans so much. I don't care about Shia labeoufs girlfriend or some guys daughter, I want to see robots
I guess thinking about it I can see what you mean and tbh didn't care for the last two movies anyway.
But I also saw the movies before the cartoon, and my dad who's way more of a fan than I am also enjoyed the first two movies although he did point out things about the designs and stuff o~o but its a movie adaption of coarse their gonna do that.
Its just a personal opinion though X3
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 06:55:35 pm »
snip
snip
I guess thinking about it I can see what you mean and tbh didn't care for the last two movies anyway.
But I also saw the movies before the cartoon, and my dad who's way more of a fan than I am also enjoyed the first two movies although he did point out things about the designs and stuff o~o but its a movie adaption of coarse their gonna do that.
Its just a personal opinion though X3
Of course they would change the designs for a movie, but they could have atleast made the bots look less like a bunch of colored (or not so colored) junk parts thrown together.

????????
  • Flag - xmaslight

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2017, 09:20:32 pm »
If anyone likes comic books and is interested in Transformers, I'd recommend reading More Than Meets The Eye

You only need a general knowledge of the previous war for Cybertron before reading it
I'd say it's one of the best series I've ever read

And if you like big books, read Transformers: Exodus!

It's about the history between Megatron and Optimus Prime before the war on Cybertron even began. If you like alien politics and civil wars and two brothers becoming sworn enemies, read this book!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2017, 09:25:03 pm by Sugar »
  • Flag - xmaslight

Offline Elvira the Epic

• Cookies: 4
    • DeviantArt - ToaOfAwesomness
  • Fursona Species: It doesn't have a name yet.
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 03:57:41 pm »
I have arrived!
AAAHHHHH I feel sick I don't know why I just wasn't expecting to talk about Transformers today

Okay so I feel ashamed that I haven't seen as much as I wish I had. I've seen some odd episodes of g1 as well as the 1986 movie which got me into transformers in the first place.
The only series I've watched right through is transformers prime and I love it so much I just fcvjkjjlasdfgjl
I don't like the new movies. I mean - some of the autobots look good, but the characters themselves... I dunno.
And it really annoys me that my brother loves the live action movies and hates tfp! like wth why? I guess he just can't look past the out-dated animation.
I also may or may not have watched a lot of rescue bots. I mean the kids channels are all that's ever on the tv because of my litle sister and... I got addicted. I still think it's a cute show.

I want to see and read more but I'd need to put aside some time to do that. It's on my very long list of things to fit into my lifetime.
I'll do it, but for now I'll live off my tfp reserves.
  • Flag - britain
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers (but I don't mind They/Them/Their)
Do not hurt me - I am but an awkward potato.
INFP | Hufflepuff

HEY YOU! Yeah you - you are beautiful and you are loved. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 04:08:34 pm »
snip
TFP has been my favorite for about the entire time I've been into TF, though lately I think I'm starting to like TFA more! Also I don't think the animation in TFP is outdated at all, it still looks great compared to some CGI cartoons. It's the humans that are ugly }:P Like seriously, you can tell that all the effort went into the robots in that show
Also I loooove Rescue Bots and I'm not afraid to say it lol, its super enjoyable
I hope you get time to get into more TF stuff }:V and if you ever want to talk about TF to someone I'm always happy to
  • Flag - xmaslight

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2017, 04:17:19 pm »
Dammit! I have a transformers geek side.

My mom made me watch the original series. And I'm looking into reading a translation of the manga adaption. I did enjoy watching the series though.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2017, 04:18:07 pm »

My mom made me watch the original series. And I'm looking into reading a translation of the manga adaption. I did enjoy watching the series though.
Which manga? I'm not familiar with any of the mangas, I read all the stuff from IDW.
  • Flag - xmaslight

Offline Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2017, 04:23:14 pm »

Which manga? I'm not familiar with any of the mangas, I read all the stuff from IDW.
トランスフォーマー アニメイテッド ザ・クール, an adaption of Transformers: Animated, but I'm struggling in finding a translation.
  • Award - Beta Tester

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥

Offline Elvira the Epic

• Cookies: 4
    • DeviantArt - ToaOfAwesomness
  • Fursona Species: It doesn't have a name yet.
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2017, 04:23:31 pm »
snip
TFP has been my favorite for about the entire time I've been into TF, though lately I think I'm starting to like TFA more! Also I don't think the animation in TFP is outdated at all, it still looks great compared to some CGI cartoons. It's the humans that are ugly }:P Like seriously, you can tell that all the effort went into the robots in that show
Also I loooove Rescue Bots and I'm not afraid to say it lol, its super enjoyable
I hope you get time to get into more TF stuff }:V and if you ever want to talk about TF to someone I'm always happy to

I think I'm gonna buy that book you suggested, 'Exodus'. I'm super into backstory - especially the war for cybertron - and I love books! Then I might see about getting my hands on that comic. I've been meaning to for a while and you just reminded me.

As much as I haven't watched a huge variety of transformers, when I decide on a new obsession, I tend to do a ton of research. Just cuz it's fun. And maybe because I like being able to list off random facts. Transformers was one of those things. helpme...
  • Flag - britain
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers (but I don't mind They/Them/Their)
Do not hurt me - I am but an awkward potato.
INFP | Hufflepuff

HEY YOU! Yeah you - you are beautiful and you are loved. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• Swerve
  • Purple Level
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2017, 04:24:43 pm »

トランスフォーマー アニメイテッド ザ・クール, an adaption of Transformers: Animated, but I'm struggling in finding a translation.
Eh, you probably won't find one. Most Japanese TF comics don't get translated officially. Probably just best to read IDW's adaptation or watch the cartoon.

snip

I think I'm gonna buy that book you suggested, 'Exodus'. I'm super into backstory - especially the war for cybertron - and I love books! Then I might see about getting my hands on that comic. I've been meaning to for a while and you just reminded me.
Golly Exodus is good, I hope you like it if you get the chance to read it. Since you like TFP you'll probably like it
More Than Meets The Eye is super good too, lately I've been wanting to get into a ton of the other TF comics though
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 04:26:44 pm by Sugar »
  • Flag - xmaslight

Offline Undertaker

• Purple Level
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2017, 04:26:30 pm »

Eh, you probably won't find one. Most Japanese TF comics don't get translated officially. Probably just best to read IDW's adaptation or watch the cartoon.
My mom'll probably make we watch the cartoon anyway, but thanks for advising me.
  • Award - Beta Tester