Author Topic: Your Preferred Cat foods/litters/etc. Brands?  (Read 192 times)

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 123
  • "I am vengeance, I am the night, I am B A T M A N"
  • Fursona Species: Sergal and Vampire bat
Your Preferred Cat foods/litters/etc. Brands?
« on: January 19, 2017, 12:06:45 am »
Hey FT, currently I've been trying to convert my almost four year-old Manx cat to wet food. I'm experimenting with a variety of brands (Pro Plan Savor, Wellness CORE, Royal Canin Adult instinct, and Whole Earth Farms) and flavors.

I feel like wet food would be my favorable choice for her, she's had a urinary tract infection in the past-And dry food seems to make her constipated. I might take her to the veterinarian to get a check-up to see if she has a weakened digestive system-But for now I'll be feeding her veterinarian brand/recommended foods.

She seems to REALLY love Royal Canin(which is good because it's probably the best wet food I could find over the past month), mainly because I've noticed that she prefers the meat slices over those paste ones. I fed her Wellness today, and she's ok with it-Probably because it doesn't have the chunks.

She doesn't like the ones with veggies in them, and the cheaper brands (Pro Plan and Whole Earth) aren't that appealing to her. She's also becoming less fond of fish, I'm avoiding feeding her canned fish due to chemical and metal intake from the canning process. Overall, I might stick with Royal Canin once we're out of food.

-The problem with Canin is how expensive it is, and my cat seems to finish it FAST (she was out of food by early noon today, so I fed her Wellness, which is a larger can)

Current schedule, feed her every morning-Food is refrigerated, and always available-Depending on size and preference, I will offer wet food before bed. Clean both bowls with Dawn dish-soap ever morning as well until we can find her new food bowls and a water fountain with it's own filter.

As for litter, I use Tidy Cats Breeze-I might use other types of Tidy Cats litter, maybe try Arm and Hammer once we're out.

She's seems to track a lot though, looking for a dust-free litter ATM

Future plans? Catio, Cat Garden, and including Salmon Oil in her food. I gave her a bath last weekend with oatmeal and ginger shampoo, her fur feels extra soft now-She had some dandruff and debris in her fur. I try to brush her coat with a slicker brush almost daily, she kinda likes it actually.

Cat owners of FT, keep me updated and share the brands you use! I'd love to hear tbh
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer

Offline Izzy the Foxdeer

• Signature hearts by Jasper/Coffee
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 52
  • icon by I.S.A.C.
    • DeviantArt - multifandomed25
    • Twitter - multifandomed25
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox/reindeer hybrid
Re: Your Preferred Cat foods/litters/etc. Brands?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 09:06:43 am »
For soft food, my cat won't eat anything but Fancy Feast classic flavors. They're relatively cheap, so maybe you could try those?
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her they/them
worlds most pan-tastic demigirl and maybe otherkin
check out my tumblr | confess love here | pet me please?

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 123
  • "I am vengeance, I am the night, I am B A T M A N"
  • Fursona Species: Sergal and Vampire bat
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:53:03 pm »
For soft food, my cat won't eat anything but Fancy Feast classic flavors. They're relatively cheap, so maybe you could try those?

Cheaper brands are what worry me, especially popular brands like Fancy Feast-

Pro Plan is O.K, I just wish they had chunks for my cat..Might stick with the more expressive brands once we're out of food

Might give her those dental chews to help prevent plaque, because most cat owners claim that dry food helps in preventing gingivitis and cleaning teeth..But I'll wait for now
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer

Online Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 10:50:35 pm »
We use meow mix for our little kitty when it comes to food and generic litter you can get at Aldi grocery store.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥