Author Topic: The Makeup Thread  (Read 1362 times)

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 278
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
Re: The Makeup Thread
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2017, 03:20:27 pm »
Over the spring break I went early-birthday shopping for sister at Ulta and decided to treat myself to the Urban Decay brow kit, and it works amazing! Also the Anastasia Beverly Hills Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit (my fav shade is Kitty Kat omg it is so pretty!) I also got a sample of the Better Than Sex mascara, and it does not clump at all and it's really easy to apply to corner lashes too :lol-fox:
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 79
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 04:01:39 pm »
I've got no idea how I didn't see this thread before!!

I used to wear a lot more make-up than I do now, mostly because of school  :fox-:P:

Now the only things I use are a bb cream moisturizer/primer (it's like everything in one) from a unique store in Seattle, packed powder, mascara  all from Almay, and a long wear eyebrow pencil by Mary Kay. Besides the bb cream, it's all pretty cheap. I always use waterproof things, (u never know when ur gonna go for a swim or start crying in my experience) and long wear/waterproof drugstore make up removers are always easy to get.

If you guys are looking for light drugstore brand make-up, Almay works alright for me. I've got pretty sensitive skin, but their concealers, foundations, and powders are all dermatologist approved and hypoallergenic, which is really helpful.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
pet me please                                   ENFP

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • Twitter - discomanokit
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2017, 04:54:38 pm »
I've got no idea how I didn't see this thread before!!

I used to wear a lot more make-up than I do now, mostly because of school  :fox-:P:

Now the only things I use are a bb cream moisturizer/primer (it's like everything in one) from a unique store in Seattle, packed powder, mascara  all from Almay, and a long wear eyebrow pencil by Mary Kay. Besides the bb cream, it's all pretty cheap. I always use waterproof things, (u never know when ur gonna go for a swim or start crying in my experience) and long wear/waterproof drugstore make up removers are always easy to get.

If you guys are looking for light drugstore brand make-up, Almay works alright for me. I've got pretty sensitive skin, but their concealers, foundations, and powders are all dermatologist approved and hypoallergenic, which is really helpful.

Thanks so much for the advice! I have a quick question about waterproof makeup: what's the best remover to use? I no longer use waterproof mascara because of my eyelashes falling out because I kept trying to remove it with the remover but couldn't ono
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 05:04:14 pm »
-snip-

Thanks so much for the advice! I have a quick question about waterproof makeup: what's the best remover to use? I no longer use waterproof mascara because of my eyelashes falling out because I kept trying to remove it with the remover but couldn't ono

The ones I've used were Almay Eye Make-up Remover, and Nuetrogena Oil-Free Make-up Remover. Even if you don't normally use waterproof make-up, I'd still recommend finding one for long wear/waterproof make-up because they just get the job done better.

I actually only use a very light coat of mascara, and when I do put it on heavier I have to be very careful about taking it off. The best way for me is doing it slowly so the make-up remover has some time to dissolve the mascara.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 128
  • chocolate macandeeum
  • Fursona Species: Hairless Chihuahua
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 06:24:13 pm »
If you use moisturizer and a cleanser before application do you need a primer?
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

:shrimp:

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • Twitter - discomanokit
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 10:29:34 pm »

It depends on what type of makeup you plan on wearing! An eyeshadow primer is definitely a must-have because almost all eyeshadows -- even the most expensive of eyeshadows --will fall off and lose color by the end of the dday. If you plan on using foundation (liquid) then a primer isn't too necessary but then again it depends on how much coverage you plan to do. I don't use full face primer and the Urban Decay foundation stays on all day. With powder foundations, you should probably use a primer! I hope this helped :)
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2017, 12:51:42 am »

lol most of the time if I don't use my bb cream I just put on face lotion and call it good. Eyeshadow primers are good, but face primers aren't super important unless you're putting on a lot.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • Twitter - discomanokit
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2017, 02:56:38 pm »
The NYX lip liners give me life

And they're super cheap, $3.49, compared to many lip liners and it's really good quality (Kylie Jenner lip liner costs $20 and it broke while sharpening).

The colors are so nice you can just put it on your lips and leave it there and people will believe it's actually lipstick bc it's so pretty
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Board Moderator
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • Twitter - discomanokit
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 02:55:46 pm »
Used a Vanilla gift card I got from my birthday to buy Jeffree Star matte liquid lipstick in Gemini. It's so pretty, lovely texture, and I can eat potato chips without having to reapply (best part). This is definitely my favorite lipstick in the world.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - pansexual