Poll

Should I add rarity charts to Tyresym species/adopts?

Yes
3 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: The Realm of Tyresym - An Adoptables Shop  (Read 295 times)

Offline Alastair

• You're here today, no future fears...
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 153
  • ...this day will last a thousand years.
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
The Realm of Tyresym - An Adoptables Shop
« on: January 21, 2017, 10:50:12 pm »
Welcome to Tyresym (TEER-eh-sim)!

Tyresym is a realm existing in another dimension, and separated almost entirely from our universe. It is composed of many beautiful regions, from exotic rainforests, to beautiful oceans, to deep caves. It also is home to a multitude of interesting species that populate its regions. Would you care to take a trip to Tyresym and befriend some of the inhabitants?

---

Since you're travelling there, it wouldn't hurt to get to know the landscape. As stated above, Tyresym is made up of distinct regions, five to be exact. These regions are as follows:

The Caverns
Below Tyresym winds endless tunnels and caves. The Caverns, as they are called, run underneath the entirety of the realm twisting and turning in an interconnected system of rooms and passages. From the ceilings of the rooms hang giant stalactites, and from the floors protrude giant stalagmites. Other ancient cave formations are also scattered throughout the Caverns. Due to its dark, wet, and generally nutrient-lacking environment, there are not many organisms that live here. Most of the few that do are small and self-sufficient, carrying out a process similar to chemosynthesis to produce their own food. Most are blind and use echolocation to navigate.

The Crystal Canyons
The Crystal Canyons are a relatively small region of Tyresym, but an exceptionally beautiful one. They consist of deep canyons and high plateaus that continue on for miles and shimmer in the light due to their high crystal content. Sometimes, the shine is so bright it's blinding. The organisms that live here mostly inhabit the area in the very bottom of the canyons, nearest the rivers. Their eyes have evolved to shield out the overpowering light.

The Valley of Bones
The most bleak and desolate region of Tyresym, the Valley of Bones runs for miles and miles on end with scarcely anything of note. Plant life is scarce, and there is no distinguishing scenery. It is surrounded on all sides by looming mountains, making it very difficult to enter and even more so to escape. The majority of the plants are toxic to most creatures, save a few that have the misfortune living in this depressing place. Species that live here range in size from tiny herbivores to giant carnivores. The large carnivores are aggressive and overpowering, destroying any living thing they happen to cross paths with, and are heavily armored to protect themselves. Due to the extreme conditions, the populations of organisms here are declining rapidly.

The Rainforest
Just like on Earth, the Rainforest has lush vegetation, and a wet and humid climate. It rains frequently, and the plants are very diverse ranging from tall, dense trees to small, brightly colored flowers. Also like on Earth, the fauna is incredibly diverse as well. A vast multitude of various organisms live in the Rainforest, so be careful there!

The Oceans
Surrounding Tyresym lies miles upon miles upon miles of water, extending as far as the eye can see. Actually, there's no clear end to it. The water is a beautiful shade of blue, and is much deeper than Earth's oceans. Even more species live in the Oceans than in the Rainforest, and it is thought that there are hundreds more waiting to be discovered. The organisms that live here are the most diverse of all the regions, and live anywhere from near the surface to deep below the water where the light no longer reaches.

---

Now that you know your way around, you should familiarize yourself with the creatures that live in Tyresym! Who knows, you might even find one to take home! However, according to superstition, if you make a donation to the land before leaving, you will be granted good luck. For this reason, you are asked to make a payment of your chosen amount before adopting one of Tyresyms's creatures.

Troglosprites
Troglosprites are relatively small creatures, standing about two feet. Their entire body is covered with thick fur, excluding their face. They live deep in the Caverns and are very timid. Though Troglosprites are blind, they can detect light levels and are very sensitive to it. When frightened, they make a piercing screech to scare off potential predators and alert other Troglosprites of danger. They are pack animals, often living in groups of ten to twelve for all their life. Troglosprites are carnivorous, and their diet consists of smaller organisms that also live in the Caverns.

All the Troglosprites appear to be hiding in the Caverns at the moment!

d'Aerocani (singular: d'Aerocanus)
d'Aerocani stand about four feet tall and live in small shelters and overhangs in the cliffs of the Crystal Canyons. They are adventurous, but frightened easily. They have a tendency to steal and hide objects, so watch out! d'aerocani make soft cooing sounds to communicate. While they do not live or travel in groups, they like to be familiar with all other d'Aerocani in the area and are very wary of new things. d'Aerocani are omnivorous and their diet consists mainly of small animals, insects, and plants. They also scavenge on occasion.

You sit down on a rock to take a break while hiking through the Crystal Canyons, and reach down for your water bottle. It's not where you set it down -- where could it be? You search all around you and through you bag, but find nothing. You're not quite sure what to do, you could have sworn you set it right beside you! When you look up, you see a strange creature looking at you and cooing softly. It's holding your water bottle. You stand up slowing and tiptoe towards it. When you get closer it jumps back slightly. You stop, then approach it again. It jumps back again. After playing this game for several minutes, you eventually get your water bottle back. As you finally sit back down on your rock, you notice the creature still looking at you, this time holding your camera. It appears to have taken a liking to you! Or, your items at least.

More species coming soon!

---

If you'd like to adopt an available creature, just PM me or post here with your offer. I do have the right to reject though. You may offer anything (DA points, art, characters, etc.).

You may trade or give away Tyresym creatures, but please do not sell them unless you have additional art of them.

Also, while these species do inhabit a world created by me that is separate from Earth, you are more than welcome to have your characters from Tyresym interact with Earth species, or even species of other fictional lands. While Tyresym species are feral (though some are bipedal, none have human intelligence), you may treat them like Earth species and make them anthro. Anthros do not live in Tyresym just like they do not on Earth, but you may "bend the rules" in your stories/character backgrounds.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:39:28 pm by Alastair »
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold

Avatar by cutefury on Art Fight.Signature image by Nagi.

Offline Izzy the Foxdeer

• Signature hearts by Jasper/Coffee
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 52
  • icon by I.S.A.C.
    • DeviantArt - multifandomed25
    • Twitter - multifandomed25
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox/reindeer hybrid
Re: The Realm of Tyresym - An Adoptables Shop
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 11:01:38 pm »
This is awesome! I could totally see a fantasy/adventure novel taking place here
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 09:47:24 am by multifandomed25 »
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: She/her they/them
worlds most pan-tastic demigirl and maybe otherkin
check out my tumblr | confess love here | pet me please?

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2017, 02:54:12 am »
This sounds greatt ^^ tempted to get an adopt because these descriptions sounddd greattt i like the look of the one shownn (though i wanna see if u make moree) i have a few points in my account DA and possibly art i can offer (unfortunately i have no graphics tablet of anysort on me atm boo hoo) eh i could also offer some adopts maybeee or even chicken smoothie pets, dunno if those mean anything to u thoooo
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 02:58:46 am by flurry swift »
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Alastair

• Board Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2017, 08:33:43 am »
Thanks guys!

This sounds greatt ^^ tempted to get an adopt because these descriptions sounddd greattt i like the look of the one shownn (though i wanna see if u make moree) i have a few points in my account DA and possibly art i can offer (unfortunately i have no graphics tablet of anysort on me atm boo hoo) eh i could also offer some adopts maybeee or even chicken smoothie pets, dunno if those mean anything to u thoooo
I'm on Chicken Smoothie so I'd be fine with pets from there, what pets were you thinking?

Also, I do plan to make more adopts (will probably have a couple more out today)!

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 124
  • "I am vengeance, I am the night, I am B A T M A N"
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2017, 11:18:16 am »
Oh

My

Goodness

This is by far, the most interactive and descriptive idea for adoptables that I've seen so far. I'm a huge sucker for adopts, and oh boy, am I hooked already-

I'm excited to see more, but what I'm really curious about is-Can others help develop the world? Can they provide creatures/adoptables to this world?

Once there's more adoptbles, I'll be sure to add points to my DA and maybe I can do a variety of offers (art trades, etc) later on eventually

(Also, I forgot to add-My current favorite realms is the Valley of Bones and the Ocean

Keep up the good work!)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 11:21:29 am by BerryCake550 »
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

Offline Alastair

• Board Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2017, 12:26:05 pm »
Oh

My

Goodness

This is by far, the most interactive and descriptive idea for adoptables that I've seen so far. I'm a huge sucker for adopts, and oh boy, am I hooked already-

I'm excited to see more, but what I'm really curious about is-Can others help develop the world? Can they provide creatures/adoptables to this world?

Once there's more adoptbles, I'll be sure to add points to my DA and maybe I can do a variety of offers (art trades, etc) later on eventually

(Also, I forgot to add-My current favorite realms is the Valley of Bones and the Ocean

Keep up the good work!)

Ahh thank you!! <3 And you're more than welcome to give me ideas for new regions and species! I want to add maybe a few more regions, and obviously I need several more species, so any input in that regard would be great. :fox-:P: How about this: If you give me an idea for a species and I use it, I'll give you a free custom design. I might also hire other artists to create adopts once it's more developed, who knows?

---

EDIT: New adopt up!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 01:54:55 pm by Alastair »

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2017, 06:21:00 pm »
Oh

My

Goodness

Keep up the good work!)

Ahh thank you!! <3 And you're more than welcome to give me ideas for new regions and species! I want to add maybe a few more regions, and obviously I need several more species, so any input in that regard would be great. :fox-:P: How about this: If you give me an idea for a species and I use it, I'll give you a free custom design. I might also hire other artists to create adopts once it's more developed, who knows?

---

Came back to revive this thread-It needs more love

BTW how much would be the adopt? What would be your preferred paying method? I'd really like to see rarity charts, ect..Makes adopts more fun  :fox-:P:

For now..I'll be stalking that adopt..
"I never set out to be weird, it was always other people who called me weird" - Frank Zappa

Offline Alastair

• Board Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 07:10:52 pm »
Oh

My

Goodness

Keep up the good work!)

---

BTW how much would be the adopt? What would be your preferred paying method? I'd really like to see rarity charts, ect..Makes adopts more fun  :fox-:P:

There's no fixed cost since I'm not really sure how much these are worth myself. :fox-:P: I'm rather short on DA points right now (i.e. I'm broke) so I'd say that's probably my preferred payment atm? But really anything (besides USD) is fine. And I'm not totally sure if I want to do different rarities since I know that many people aren't a big fan of it, and frankly I'm not either, but I'll put up a poll and see what happens!

Also, expect more adopts/species soon!

Offline ☆Sugar☆

• We are the exiled ones
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 165
  • The lost daughters and sons of Cybertron
    • DeviantArt - SugarLonghorn
    • Twitter - NoNotExactly
  • Fursona Species: Longhorn
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 07:14:02 pm »
Love this, and the species!
  • Flag - xmaslight
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers

"Everyone assumes that if you make jokes, you're happy. Why? Why is that?" ~Swerve
please pet cow~art tumblr~other tumblr~deviantart

Offline BerryCake550

• Stock Image Smuggler
  • Blue Level
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2017, 07:15:52 pm »
Oh

My

Goodness

Keep up the good work!)

---

There's no fixed cost since I'm not really sure how much these are worth myself. :fox-:P: I'm rather short on DA points right now (i.e. I'm broke) so I'd say that's probably my preferred payment atm? But really anything (besides USD) is fine. And I'm not totally sure if I want to do different rarities since I know that many people aren't a big fan of it, and frankly I'm not either, but I'll put up a poll and see what happens!

Also, expect more adopts/species soon!

You should make a DA group to make everything all organized! : )

I'll continue checking this place out

Offline Alastair

• Board Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 07:17:10 pm »
@Berry - I was actually thinking of doing that! It'd probably help get my species more out there too, I'll make one when I've got the time