Author Topic: Metal Dance Pad  (Read 1076 times)

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
Metal Dance Pad
« on: March 17, 2005, 03:18:31 pm »
Okay I got fed up with having to call mad catz every few months because I worn out another of thier dance pads through the warrenty system. So I decided to start work on a Metal Dance Pad. And So I was wondering if theres anyone out there that has done it that could help me or. Or have Arrow graphics I could use or customized designs. Or anything else that could help me out in the project XP

Offline Eddy

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 671
  • Gone for good.
Metal Dance Pad
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 03:51:53 pm »
I'm no expert but what I'd do is strip down the mat you have and then set it up in a more durable metal case. I doubt this would work if it was the sensors on the mat that's the main problem. Alternatively, you could maybe look at the pads used in the arcade machines to get an idea of workings...

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
Metal Dance Pad
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 04:30:24 pm »
Well I'm using the vary first dance pad I got from my birthday for this project. Because its been literly torn apart from all the use its had and the 3 main sensors have been worn out so they are worthless. So the only part surviving from the old pad is just the circuit board and plug to the game system and then everything else is "brand new" in a odd way. Because since I'm a guy that loves to recycle I'm using some scraps and left over pieces from other projects that are in good condition to reduce the build cost since I hate spending money XP

Offline Catsune

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 2
Metal Dance Pad
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 04:34:01 pm »
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 07:57:12 pm by Catsune »

Offline Icefox

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • rawr ^^
Metal Dance Pad
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 05:54:34 pm »
A friend of mine attempted this.  The main concerns that arose were the stability of the pad itself.  Careful not to make it thin; metal or not, if it's thin it'll bend and there can be negative effects on the sensitivity.  Make sure you have the sensors placed at a good distance from the buttons to get the correct sensitivity.  Finally, make sure your solder isn't cheap.

Offline Xoferif

• Candies: 0
Metal Dance Pad
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2005, 10:24:33 pm »
Quote from: Catsune
... "DanceDanceRevolution With Mario" ...

Wow. Nintendo seems desperate.  :P

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
Metal Dance Pad
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2005, 12:11:13 am »
Quote from: Xoferif
Quote from: Catsune
... "DanceDanceRevolution With Mario" ...

Wow. Nintendo seems desperate.  :P

Ya with titles like that you can bet that the devlopers are getting low on ideas or vary desparte to create something new.

And ya the pad is fairly thick by the concepts, sketchs, drawings, designing, etc. me and my brother have drawn up. It should take a fair beating for a long time before needing repairs.